It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dereliction of Duty: Obama Did Nothing to Save American Lives in Benghazi--and Lied About It

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

What if there were bombs at the location?
He sends in 15 more troops, and all of a sudden you have a whole mess of causalities.

I'm trying to think of it as a commander in a war situation would handle it. Not like a hater sitting behind a computer screen.
If you run any military maneuver and only 4 people die, it's a success and the right choice was made.

I'm extremely anti-war in general. But I understand how decisions like that are made. It's war, people die.

You guys are letting your hate blind you.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

I'm trying to think of it as a commander in a war situation would handle it. Not like a hater sitting behind a computer screen.
If you run any military maneuver and only 4 people die, it's a success and the right choice was made.

Sincerely doubt that, not sure what cyber army your with but its plain as day.

Those 4 people, hanging over the White House like dark cloulds.

Its not just 4 peoples lives, its the failure of an entire administration.
Bill Clinton was impeached for less, for lying about an affair with a staffer.

If the Rebublicans have their way, they will Impeach Obama for this.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Ghost375

Only four lives? Thats how you sum it up?

Obama and Hillary, and all of them will never escape this, it will hang over them
like dark coulds for the rest of their political lives. Thats how the people see it,
those that are not part of the White House cyber force.
edit on 9-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

Realistically speaking benghazi was NOTHING compared to Fast and Furious!

Fast and Furious THOUSANDS DIED and eric holder is pleading to stop all investigations.

We don't live in a perfect world and the investigative committee goes for the easy score. It is fourth down on the eight yard line with 30 seconds left on the game clock and you are trailing by a safety(2 points). Of course they go for the field goal. Republicans are so desperate to get POINTS against the democrats anything is better than nothing. That is how I see all this hypocrisy unwinding....

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You people are not commanders in the military. You aren't capable of making informed decisions about battles. That's why we have a commander-in-chief. To make the tough decisions.

According to a source who debriefed those who were at the CIA annex that night, “When they asked for air support, they were told they could have an unarmed drone.” Source

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

He sends in 15 more troops, and all of a sudden you have a whole mess of causalities.

I'm extremely anti-war in general. But I understand how decisions like that are made. It's war, people die.

You guys are letting your hate blind you.

The .....whole mess of casualties.....would have been dead Al Qeada.
Those 4 lives were sacrificed because the election was 2 months away.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Fast and Furious THOUSANDS DIED and eric holder is pleading to stop all investigations.

Exactly.
It's stuff like this, that is the reason I'll defend Obama against the illogical attacks. Because the illogical ones detract from the legitimate ones. I'm doing Obama-haters a favor by telling them when they are illogical.

Tell that guy who is accusing me of being in a cyber army I'm not talking to him. That's just stupid, and I'm not wasting my time.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

And Obama is protecting him. Why? I will tell you, Benghazi is the tip of the Iceberg
in terms of what is in store for America, and Fast and Furious pales in comparison.

Wait for the truth to come out.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Says who? What if they had set a trap and were just waiting to spring it.
They had RPGs! Bringing a chopper in would have been a huge risk even without a trap!

Your last sentence makes no sense? Why would Obama do something that would hurt his chances in the election?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Fast and Furious is similar to the iran-contra affair with oliver north pleading *national security* concerns and the government giving him the benefit of doubt. Both iran-contra affair and operation fast and furious have illuminati written all over them.

Or al capone going to jail for tax evasion rather than racketering, extortion and murder.

There is a limit to how much truth can come out from the people who sponsor the campaigns. They don't want to crash the illusion of capitalism, free markets, "democracy", etc.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

They had RPGs! Bringing a chopper in would have been a huge risk even without a trap!

Your last sentence makes no sense? Why would Obama do something that would hurt his chances in the election?

what is your thinking? 'it's only four people so let them die?' what kind of message does that send to the bad guys?
our people are trained to deal wi traps etc. most likely a few blackhawks hover and Marines start rapelling down, they scatter.

in re the election; Obama & his people had declared al-Qaeda to be 'on the run'; to have a major incident involving aQ would make them (the administration) look bad, so they did their best to ignore Banghazi, meaning they did nothing to escalate it ('only four died'). They knew the lapdog media wouldn't make this an issue.

this incident signifies gross incompetence and/or heartlessness on the administrations part. if not for a handful of Republicans in congress (and a few meda outlets) this whole thing would have been swept under the rug by now (as fast/furious pretty much has been).

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

He rolled the dice and hoped nobody would get killed and just evade capture.
That decision cost 4 lives.
Obama ordered everyone to stand down.

Let them die.

Did you watch those 2 videos? They talked to Obama............once?
I smell a stinky rat!

Leon Panetta looks like he wants to crawl under the table.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

They had a drone above that caught it all on tape.

There were no protests outside, that was a fabrication.

Video from the compound’s cameras debunk the initial line from the Obama
administration that there was a protest in front of the consulate on the night of the attacks,
according to one of the U.S. intelligence officials who has seen the footage, and a senior
Obama administration official familiar with what they show. www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yes, it was a fabrication!

Hillary has an explanation. " What difference does it make?"

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs

what is your thinking? 'it's only four people so let them die?' what kind of message does that send to the bad guys?
our people are trained to deal wi traps etc. most likely a few blackhawks hover and Marines start rapelling down, they scatter.

in re the election; Obama & his people had declared al-Qaeda to be 'on the run'; to have a major incident involving aQ would make them (the administration) look bad, so they did their best to ignore Banghazi, meaning they did nothing to escalate it ('only four died'). They knew the lapdog media wouldn't make this an issue.

this incident signifies gross incompetence and/or heartlessness on the administrations part. if not for a handful of Republicans in congress (and a few meda outlets) this whole thing would have been swept under the rug by now (as fast/furious pretty much has been).

paragraph 1: I did NOT say that. Why the F are you putting quotes around something I didn't say. My position's clear as day from my posts in this thread, and it's not what you are saying. You're either being willfully ignorant, or just not reading my posts all the way through. It is highly likely based on the situation that more than 4 Americans would have been killed if support troops would have been sent in. The reason for this is that the Americans were behind barricades. They were protected. BUT the support troops would have to come in unprotected. What you listed is asinine. A few blackhawks hovering around with people repelling down is only done in the movies. There were heavily armed people attacking the place. The blackhawks would've been down in seconds. Obama made the right decision so as to not put more troops in danger.

paragraph 2: So you're saying on one hand he could've prevented 4 deaths and been a hero, and on the other hand he just let it happen so as to not make a big deal out of it?

paragraph 3: WTF are you talking about? It was on every single news station. Fox news, the most watched news station, in particular made a HUGE deal out of it, and spent weeks covering it.
edit on 9-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Hillary has an explanation. " What difference does it make?"

Of course, she so conveniently went out of commission when she was
called for testimony. I bet it haunts her still, of course her and Bill never come
up short when it comes to cover ups.

Hillary Clinton and the ghosts of Benghazi

Of course, she was in a real bind, as if the truth had come out, Obama might
have had a real October suprise moment.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by GArnold

Ummm if you think everyone isn't still outraged about 9/11 you'd be naive. There's a whole forum dedicated to the outrage. This new 9/11 attack is just more outrage to blame all Washington DC.

Bush sucked.

Obama sucks.

But all of DC has always sucked and will forever be the cradle for American suckage & evil.

I do not remember anyone being raked over the coals over 9-11 or Iraq and I certainly did not witness the hypocrisy that I am now. Once the 9-11 commission report was released that was all anyone cared about in terms of being held accountable. None of the people brought before the Senate was broadcast on CNN as has been the case with Benghazi. The fact is clear Bush not only knew about 9-11 and did nothing to stop it he then proceeded to lie about it. There may be a 9-11 forum here but there is no Bush and the rest of the neo-cons lied and forced us into a war on Iraq forum. Bush and company watched a lot more then 4 people die in Iraq and did nothing. This whole argument is so incredibly stupid about Benghazi. Bush willingly sent Colin Powell to the UN to lie to the American people and every nation on Earth to justify a war we never needed to the tune of 2000 plus dead soldiers plus over a hundred thousand plus Iraqis as well as the 300 million dollars a day that war was costing taxpayers. He set Colin Powell up as a patsy for lack of a better word and frankly ruined his career. Your bent out of shape over 4 people. More people die in the US daily from car accidents or gun violence but yet there is no one holding these people accountable. You sat back as your Country tortured people ( excuse me enhanced interrogation) and never said a damn word. You allowed your Country to basically kidnap people and export them to Countries where they turn the other cheek over torture. You allowed your Country to destroy protections in the Constitution such as Right to Trial and other privacy freedoms. You allowed your Country to execute Americans without a trial based on evidence that we are never entitled to see. You sat by as your Country set up a prison camp in Cuba where people are brought based on basically being wrong place wrong time. Never to actually be able to fight any charges that they may be supposedly held for.

This whole thing is so hypocritical as to be laughable.
These attacks on Obama are nothing more then thinly veiled racism. If he was a white President we would not be having this discussion.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Could Ambassador Christopher Stevens have been saved?
The truth is yes.
They didn't even try.

BTW, where are the survivors of Benghazi ???
4 Americans were killed. Where are the rest?

Maybe they have some valuable information for the American people.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

We have been in disagreement with Presidents and Gov't since the beginning. A color of skin makes no difference in these opposing arguments. Simple deflection.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
And over half of the population of this country could care less. That is the sad state of the mentality of this country today.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Could Ambassador Christopher Stevens have been saved?
The truth is yes.
They didn't even try.

Please let us know exactly how he could have been saved.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join