It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dereliction of Duty: Obama Did Nothing to Save American Lives in Benghazi--and Lied About It

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This was discussed around ATS back in October and now we have even more testimony to apply to Obama's complete inaction...

Yesterday was a very telling day in the hearing room. How will Obama back pedal?

Nothing. That is what President Barack Obama did on the night of September 11, 2012, as terrorists attacked the U.S. consulate in Benghazi and killed four Americans, among them Ambassador Christopher Stevens. President Obama’s inaction was revealed in testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee on Thursday by outgoing Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey.

Under direct questioning by Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), Panetta admitted that he had no communication with President Obama after their “pre-scheduled” meeting at 5:00 p.m. EDT. The attack on the consulate had already been under way for 90 minutes at that time. Neither the president nor anyone else from the White House called afterwards to check what was happening; the Commander-in-Chief had left it “up to us,” said Panetta

The lie

Panetta’s testimony directly contradicts President Obama’s own claim to have issued “three direectives” as soon as he learned “what was going on” in Benghazi. As he told a Denver reporter in October:

I gave three very clear directives. Number one, make sure we are securing our personnel and that we are doing whatever we need to. Number two, we are going to investigate exactly what happened and make sure it doesn't happen again. Number three, find out who did this so we can bring them to justice.

That same claim was subsequently repeated by other Democrats, including Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel, who came to the president’s defense. But if those directives were indeed given--and proof has never been produced--they were given long after the attack, not while the attack was going on, during which time the president did nothing.

Hillary could not be bothered either... Were they all turning a blind eye to the arms deals that were going on to arm Syrian Rebels... Me no Know.....

Panetta and Dempsey also admitted, under questioning by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), that they were not in touch with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton during the attacks, and did not receive a request for help from the State Department. Dempsey also testified that he had been “surprised” at Clinton’s testimony last month that she did not know of an urgent cable from Ambassador Stevens last August about the dire security situation.

To borrow a metaphor from the 2008 Democratic primary campaign: when the 3 a.m. call came (at 5 p.m. in the afternoon), neither Clinton nor Obama were there to respond.

Panetta was also forced to admit, in the face of vigorous questioning by Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), that no military action at all had been taken to intervene in Benghazi after the attack had begun, promising only that a similar lapse would not happen again.

Well there you have it folks. We know have about 5 different accounts regarding what happened that fateful and sad night....

This was all about protecting the election!!!!! Obama needed to run from this as far as possible. Ever wonder why the Marines sent to help were ordered to change out of their uniforms before coming to the rescue?

What a mess!! Time for a formal process to sort out all of the BS. In classic Iran contra format for the whole world to see...
www.breitbart.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yeah, the death of four Americans, one an Ambassador, is really something to troll about.

That was so funny. /S

It is one of the most egregious moves by this administration, topping Fast and Furious. Both, however, leaving the blood of others on Obama's hands.

Meanwhile, people scramble to continue to attempt to cover for the Emperor that no longer has any clothes. The veil is lifting.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Yeah, Obama set them up to be killed for his hobby. MAKE SENSE!

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

The Obama bunch are in complete denial and consistently drive and post with their blinders on... His words are there in Black and White and the contradiction is very stark and real. So who's really lying? Let's put all of the Benghazi players into a locked cage match and see who comes out on top. Better yet, which "story" comes out on top. Guarantee that Obama would be at the bottom of that pile.... Fewer and fewer players, who still have political careers ahead of themselves, are willing to fall on the sword for Obama. When he's done, he's off to retire in Hawaii...

I just want the truth in this matter.... I get the feeling Obama turned a deliberate blind eye to Benghazi due to the activities that were occurring out of the CIA branch there. None of it happening in an "official capacity". When the plan backfired they were all left with their pants around their ankles. Much like Obama in a Chicago Bath House. Classic Bathhouse Barry moment.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Enough!

If your goal is to expose the supposed lies Obama said and educate others, then yeah, this is a good bedtime story.

If your goal is to try exposing him and have him ousted, you will have better luck flying through the sun without getting burned.

We are all free to say certain things on ATS but in this case, I gotta tell ya, buddy, give it up!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
And if Obama told his followers the sky was green, they would say "wow, look at that beautiful green sky."

He lied, he got caught and its worse than a stained black dress. It's dead Americans, but no big deal right?

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by jibeho

Enough!

If your goal is to expose the supposed lies Obama said and educate others, then yeah, this is a good bedtime story.

If your goal is to try exposing him and have him ousted, you will have better luck flying through the sun without getting burned.

We are all free to say certain things on ATS but in this case, I gotta tell ya, buddy, give it up!

He would love it if people would just give it up and join in lock step. Not gonna happen! Thanks for your input. Don't like it, ignore it... That's why ATS is so great. This is far worse than Iran Contra which commanded the airwaves of network TV in its era. I'll do what I do...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You know... I have yet to see a serious reply to this from any Obama supporter. It's always a quick joke or an attempt to play it down. Ha ha! I get it he said he was 50 last year, now he says he's 51 this year!!! Get it?! He's a year older!! Republicans are soo stupid!!

You're really only succeding in making yourselves look silly - and callous.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
10 anti-Obama threat pops up everyday on ATS and when someone call it a nothing but propaganda, people get pissed lol.

Heck, bush done even more atrocities but its all cool and its "over". Wonder if people would be more calm if Romney won. lol

Its not about following Obama, its about leveling the playing field, because some people are out there just to hate just because they don't like them and their political side.

If there is an Anti- There would be a Pro-, deal with it.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Maybe not "for his hobby," but by failing to act (hell, by failing to pick up his effing phone to check in and DO something) stains his hands with American blood.
Maybe he's just incompetent... Or maybe he IS truly evil - I doubt it, but who really knows, right? Whichever, this type of (in)action is not what I expect of a president.

edit on 8/2/13 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I've got no problem with differing points of view -anti, pro, whatever.

So lets hear your side again? What justifies this?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Yeah, the death of four Americans, one an Ambassador, is really something to troll about.

That was so funny. /S

What else left is there to do with rabid anti-Obama people?

"the lie" in the OP isn't a lie to anyone except those inside the Right Wing bubble who listen to Fox News, Limbaugh, Hannity, and Beck. Panetta was asked what ACTIONS they took against the attacks...he said "none"...because they didn't...it was a quick attack, done and over. The CIA responded and that was that...attack over...end of story. Obama siad they are going to do things to INVESTIGATE the attack...and the OP tries to say that is an ACTION against the attacks.

It's Right Wing lunacy plain and simple...there is nothing left to do except make fun of their idiocy.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What else is new and what more do you expect. His and Hillary's mouths were moving... right, so it's a given!

I just hope we can survive the next 46 1/2 months without more irreparable damage. Get someone else in there... anybody.. Democrat, Republican, Independent or whoever.

Unless of course--he manages to E.O. himself a full Kingship-then in the words of Dandy Don Meredith, you can turn out the lights the parties over.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Remember when Obama asked you who you would want answering that phone in three in the morning?

51% of the people picked him and he didn't answer it when it rang.

He ignored the call and people died!

It has nothing to do with anti Obama people.....it has to do with him!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ok...pay attention closely.

Panetta’s testimony directly contradicts President Obama’s own claim to have issued “three direectives” as soon as he learned “what was going on” in Benghazi. As he told a Denver reporter in October:

I gave three very clear directives. Number one, make sure we are securing our personnel and that we are doing whatever we need to. Number two, we are going to investigate exactly what happened and make sure it doesn't happen again. Number three, find out who did this so we can bring them to justice.

No, Panetta was asked what they did in response to the attacks that night...they didn't do anything...there was nothing to do. The CIA response team was there...they was nothing left to do...did you want to send in a nuke?

Obama's statement does not contradict Panetta's testimony at all...Obama never claimed he told Panetta this...and these weren't immediate actions...an INVESTIGATION of the attack...are you honestly trying to claim that Panetta is saying that Obama didn't want an investigation???

My god, the outright intentionaly stupidity with anti-Obama ranters (including those in the media and in office) is unbelievable. Those in the media and in office have an excuse...one gets paid because they know there is an audience for their B.S. and those in office use the same audience to get blind votes.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

It was an eight hour attack!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Remember when Obama asked you who you would want answering that phone in three in the morning?

51% of the people picked him and he didn't answer it when it rang.

He ignored the call and people died!

It has nothing to do with anti Obama people.....it has to do with him!

Tell me, what could Obama have done to stop the attack?

The attacks were quick 15-45 minutes long...and spread out over 6 hours.

Obama is not Superman...no matter how much you hate Obama...this wasn't an event to mobilize the entire military or start bombing people.

Obama made the correct call..there was nothing to do...people died because of our foreign policy over the last two decades...not because of Obama not sending in the entier military in response to a very very small attack.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join