It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politicians in State Capitol Get Their Butts Handed to them by Newtown, CT Resident at Hearing!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Yup, we got viral. Right here. Resident who had his daughter on lockdown during massacre delivers scathing, and I mean scathing, speech to state politicians during hearing on gun control:

DAMN that felt good!

EDIT: There. Perhaps a more accurate title.

edit on Sun Feb 3rd 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
That dude is an idiot.

Hes using this tragedy to further his own goals. Can't even read his "prepared" speech without messing it up. This is not a talk from the heart.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spookycolt
This is not a talk from the heart.

Yeah you're right. It came from much deeper down. Try the gut.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
'Thank You' to that kind gentleman! S & F OP.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

This is not a talk from the heart.

Yeah you're right. It came from much deeper down. Try the gut.

He's reading his comments from the computer screen. If my daughter died I wouldn't need to do that,,,I would be in their face.

This is set-up and a joke.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

That dude is an idiot.

Hes using this tragedy to further his own goals. Can't even read his "prepared" speech without messing it up. This is not a talk from the heart.

What is your experience in public speaking? How many speeches have YOU personally delivered to a crowd of more than just the people at a party or a family reunion? This man was living the moment of his life and he knew it. He'll likely never again get to say what he did right there before a major legislative body, let alone the national and yes, even world press corps.

T&C would slap me for saying the extent of what I'd like to on that petty attack against YET ANOTHER parent who lives there, lived this tragedy and knows more by that experience than any of us can by sitting out here bloviating about it.

Even if I didn't agree with him, I'd applaud what he said and the guts it took to say it. This IS a free nation and HIS side is too often 'left out' of news reports to the point that people have actually argued none of the Sandy Hook parents even WANT to see weapons as defensive tools in a school shooting scenario. Well, he puts that to a lie right there....and good for him.

THAT is called standing up to have your say as a citizen under the American system. (applause)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I am a very good public speaker and do it often as I'm the leader of the Tea Party group I represent in my state. Usually the crowds number from 500-1000 so I know what a prepared speech is and what one off the cuff is.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
That was awesome, great find 1 million times over again I can't say enough. I almost stood up in front of my puter and gave a standing ovation on that speech. What more than a father standing up for his rights to defend his little girl. Damn that did feel good.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Correct on all counts. This man spoke the truth and prepared for his moment.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
My God people...he is using this tragedy to flaunt his hate for politicians and his anti-gun-ban stance.

Just listen to how he is talking down to the people hes addressing. This has absolutely nothing to do with the death of his child, its a personal vendetta hes waging here.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookycolt

My God people...he is using this tragedy to flaunt his hate for politicians and his anti-gun-ban stance.

Just listen to how he is talking down to the people hes addressing. This has absolutely nothing to do with the death of his child, its a personal vendetta hes waging here.

Really? Kinda like how everyone else used it to futher the gun control agenda??? You do realize that the current bill being pushed was written a few years ago don't ya?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

That dude is an idiot.

Oh boy it just never ends.

And what would those goals be? Protecting something that he already had before the shooting. Protecting those rights from the goal minded and outcome oriented.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Prepared speech or not what the man said he said with feeling and conviction. And there are alot of people who agree with him. So if you are teh public speaker for the "tea party", i would hope that you were open minded and would talk about the subject at hand NOT the people that delivered the message. Oooops.. i am sorry, did i make an assumption just like you?

Back on topic folks. And p.s. there is another thread with this already:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But the more exposure (both have been on the front page today) the better
edit on 3-2-2013 by scoobdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookycolt

WA,WA,WA cry me a river. Don't like it, theres the door, you can leave anytime. I am sure he prepared the speech. And you can tell he is speaking from the heart, every one of his points was spot on especially the one regarding the current rush to legislation using this tragedy as an excuse before all the facts are out, how can you argue that fact?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Just listen to how he is talking down to the people hes addressing.

Their politicians....they've earned it.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
His CHILD SURVIVED you idiots....!
Cant you even hear well? I KNOW yOU never read the OP but really people....

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
BRAVO!!!

It has been established already that Gun grabbers do not wish to seek any real SOLUTIONS that would actually protect our children.

Gun grabbers seek NONSENSE laws that will do NOTHING to protect our children, but do EVERYTHING to make the law-abiding parents of the children nothing but criminals. And to make the children even more vulnerable to the degenerates of society whom will always exist.

The Bad Guys and Traitors do not wish to protect our children. They wish only to disarm We The People while trying to influence the weaker minds that it is an attempt to "protect" our children.

This game has already been played in many other countries. One would have to be more ignorant than a computer mouse-pad to not see this GAME that is being played against Americans.

edit on 3-2-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Jolly well said. The man in this video ought to be given a medal, and promoted above the intellectually stunted slime that are legislating all over the place without the slightest proper direction or sense.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
First off, this has already been posted at least once if not many times by now (with duplicate threads already deleted).

Secondly, the OP and some subsequent posters should at least get the facts straight:

-- This was not a meeting with local politicians in Newtown, CT. It was a meeting with state lawmakers in the state capitol.

-- The speaker's daughter was not killed. She wasn't even at the school where the shooting took place. She was attending another school (not the elementary school) and had a friend/classmate with a younger sister that was shot and killed at the elementary school.

I'm sure Bill Stevens suffered at least the general shock as a part of this aggrieved community. However, his daughter was not in harm's way the day of the shooting. (Her school was on lock-down because that's what some school systems do with all the schools in the system when one facility comes under attack.)

Obviously, the OP has a particular agenda and opinion.

TA, I've read many of your posts, so this one comes as no surprise.

However, your position -- that this man at the hearing 'handed' some politicians their 'butts' -- is a bit much. The speaker is a buffoon, not a good orator, and -- as someone above pointed out -- ended up sounding like the rest of the they're-coming-to-take-my-guns whackadoos. That -- and the fact that Stevens' was not a bereaved parent with a child who died in the massacre -- are most likely the reasons the MSM didn't give this guy any national airtime.

Fact: There is nothing in the current public discourse (well, nothing in the serious public discourse, anyway) that even hints at some nefarious government entity intent on coming to 'take your guns'.

Sensible people discussing common sense methods for dealing with the issues of mass violence have come nowhere near suggesting any kind of ban on handguns, rifles, nor shotguns. Any argument to the contrary is -- particularly to the gun-rights folks -- particularly specious, because it is these same folks and their supporters who are the only ones promoting the myth that the government seeks to completely disarm US citizens.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Forrest because: ch sp

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
His CHILD SURVIVED you idiots....!
Cant you even hear well? I KNOW yOU never read the OP but really people....

Who is this directed at and why? Care to sum it up? I am pretty sure most of us watched the video and heard him reference that fact, hence wanting to protect his daughter in his own home. Just a little jumpy today?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join