It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS a site used by the CIA?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You have to fill out this form to see the good stuff.
link

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Klassified
I thought this site was NSA, not CIA.

VHS, CD, DVD and Beta oh, and PTA.

You forgot R2D2, C3PO, and AARP.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Whew, I'm glad I don't drink coffee. Have you seen the study they did to spiders?

Don't need the poison for that. ;D

Orrrr. Would you have they keys? Think about it. A guy with access to coffee, to poison it with flouride and such...I am so onto you.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Yeah. That's hectic.

What is that for? Requesting information?

And what exactly is that first link from your first reply?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Most major websites and forums are harvested for data to be used in the construction of "official" reports and MSM stories.

They will change whatever is needed and weave it into their agenda.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythfury

en.wikipedia.org...

Intelink is a group of secure intranets used by the United States Intelligence Community. The first Intelink network was established in 1994 to take advantage of Internet capabilities and services to promote intelligence dissemination and business workflow. Since then it has become an essential capability for the US intelligence community and its partners to share information, collaborate across agencies, and conduct business. Intelink refers to the web environment on protected top secret, secret, and unclassified networks. One of the key features of Intelink is Intellipedia, an online system for collaborative data sharing based on MediaWiki. Intelink uses WordPress as the basis of its blogging service.

The official spook login page.

The SIPRnet form I think is a sign up form for contractors. Just part of the application forms.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
In a world where Google openly has its own CIA liaison team, people are worried about ATS? I don't know, I think the horses have long been out of that barn.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Do you have an account? *Gasp*

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hey out there CIA, are you hiring people presently to monitor sites like this. I think it would be a good job. Could you send me an application?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythfury

I don't have a account.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I think you can find some information at the website.

www.dss.mil...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Interesting site. Maybe I will try taking a few of those classes they have to see what they are about. If they allow me to.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Oh, I thought everyone knew ATS was a CIA front of one sort or another, I just accept it and move on. Pretty much all of the media is infiltrated one way or another. This sort of site is used to monitor for anything genuine leaking out, making sure false stories are propagated, and putting out false leads to distract people away from the genuine issues. That's the most enjoyable part, trying to sort the wheat from the chaff, although the ration of wheat to chaff is rather low I suspect, we could do with more genuine nuggets of information.

Most of the people on here would be able to cope with the truth if they knew it, but there is that large part of the population that would run round like headless chickens, those types who panic buy when there is an inch of snow, and those who would rise up to sweep away TPTB if they knew the truth, I admit I would probably fall into this category.

I wonder if the demise of ancient civilisations came about more from when the people found out what was really going on rather than any natural disaster or other problem.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Heres a cure to all your CIA paranoia worries and ills.

Log out, don't come back.

Seriously, this type of claim is old. It just regurgitates itself over and over again. Another day, another claim etc etc etc.... usually made by returning banned members or by people who have been banned from the site for their own stupidity and then fixate and decide that they couldn't possibly ever have been wrong and broken the T&C so ATS absolutely must be at fault. That or the claims are made by rival forum owners in an attempt to try and discredit the site and drive people their way.

Its a conspiracy against ATS of sorts, and to prove its been happening for a long time, heres an OP of mine from 2009 about the very subject

Folks have two choices really - believe the claims or not. If you really want to believe them, the magic door is the red x at the top right of the page. Hey presto, ATS is out of your life.

If you don't believe it, then stay, be happy and move on.

Its not rocket science.

It is, however, tedious to have to keep on repeating that.

Anyone that is paranoid about their online activities needs to read about Echeclon and CARNIVORE. Echelon started in the 60's, Carnivore in the late 90's. Given the advances in technology you can be rest assured that the real spooky people out there don't need to run a site like ATS. They can just pick up all your details an monitor everything you do right from source.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I never log out.

Thank you! Guess I should have researched ATS on the topic instead of the internet.

And i've just never seen anyone with anything but claims from other website, or just random stuff, correlating how they could be CIA, because everyone's out to get them.

And the first line of my OP basically states that yeah, they watch it and observe it, but as ant's under a microscope? Doubt it. That's a little border line for me. Not worried or anything, They could watch me through my webcam for all's I cares. Not right, but they do what they do.

Again, I'll do more research about it in regards to ATS threads.

I did, however, already reply to someone in regards to Echelon, not linking it though.

edit on 2-2-2013 by Mythfury because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2013 by Mythfury because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I'm sorry. I did a quick search and I'm not seeing much about anyone attempting to debunk the CIA part. So in my book, I think I did that. I agree, it's old. But with little effort from the ATS community, and of course you know they aren't a CIA front, because you are a Super Moderator, I just did my part so if anyone searches ATS, or even google's such a phrase, such as "ATS CIA's IP", or just a general search that anyone looking into the topic should do, they will get taken to this thread and see that the IP has been searched and doesn't lead to any "Intelligence Agencies" of any kind. If they want the details of it, they can do the search themselves. It doesn't violate any T&C. And helps the search engine and organization of the site in my eyes. You can remove the thread, if you feel necessary, because you guys are running the site and not me.

Again, thank you for pointing how long it's been going on, out to me. And just how long, no one has legitimately looked into to it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Heres a cure to all your CIA paranoia worries and ills. Log out, don't come back.

I take it that you have some sort of problem with people asking questions about your precious site? I know you like people "to be gone if they don't like it", but that is not how it works, or should work.

Your attitude is not admirable.

Seriously, this type of claim is old. It just regurgitates itself over and over again. Another day, another claim etc etc etc....

Maybe there is something there.

usually made by returning banned members or by people who have been banned from the site for their own stupidity and then fixate and decide that they couldn't possibly ever have been wrong and broken the T&C so ATS absolutely must be at fault. That or the claims are made by rival forum owners in an attempt to try and discredit the site and drive people their way.

If you think this is true, and don't like this, maybe you should log off and never come back........

That is what you say obviously, but that doesn't make it true.

Its a conspiracy against ATS of sorts, and to prove its been happening for a long time, heres an OP of mine from 2009 about the very subject

Proof? All I see is speculation, assumption and opinion. Not a bit of proof was presented. Off course, you think that your words themselves are proof, and in a way they are. Proof of arrogance.

People claim there is a conspiracy behind ATS, and you "debunk" this by saying there is "a conspiracy AGAINST ATS", yet you offer no proof or evidence whatsoever, making your claims at least as silly as the other claims.

It's old...

Folks have two choices really - believe the claims or not. If you really want to believe them, the magic door is the red x at the top right of the page. Hey presto, ATS is out of your life.

One doesn't have to leave even if they believe the claims, even though you would like to see those people gone.

The OP asked some questions, your reaction is hilarious.

It is, however, tedious to have to keep on repeating that.

Have to? Just put a sock in it.

Anyone that is paranoid about their online activities needs to read about Echeclon and CARNIVORE. Echelon started in the 60's, Carnivore in the late 90's. Given the advances in technology you can be rest assured that the real spooky people out there don't need to run a site like ATS. They can just pick up all your details an monitor everything you do right from source.

That might be true, but this place is a honeytrap that makes people divulge opinions and views they normally wouldn't share everywhere, and actually identifies people to pick up and monitor, among other objectives.

It's not rocket science.

And with mods interfering with discussion of certain subjects, these "ridiculous" claims will keep coming up.

internet-map.net...

The map of the Internet Like any other map, The Internet map is a scheme displaying objects’ relative position; but unlike real maps (e.g. the map of the Earth) or virtual maps (e.g. the map of Mordor), the objects shown on it are not aligned on a surface. Mathematically speaking, The Internet map is a bi-dimensional presentation of links between websites on the Internet. Every site is a circle on the map, and its size is determined by website traffic, the larger the amount of traffic, the bigger the circle. Users’ switching between websites forms links, and the stronger the link, the closer the websites tend to arrange themselves to each other.

So, looking up ATS on the internet map, what do we find,

There it is, nsa.gov is right next to ATS, and judging from the way this map is setup, much more is going on than the occassional read by an NSA member.

In order for nsa.gov to appear this close to ATS there must be quite some traffic between the two, and it suggests that NSA operatives are also posting here.

Please respond to this issue, as it is more proof of the claims you despise so much, than you have provided to disprove them, Neformore.

edit on 2-2-2013 by OmniPotential because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
"Is this the MPLA?
Or is this the NSA?
Or is this the CIA?
I thought it was ATS
Or just another forum

I wanna be an anarchist" Johny

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Klassified
I thought this site was NSA, not CIA.

VHS, CD, DVD and Beta oh, and PTA.

That´s so funny......

Fact remains that alphabet agencies are at least monitoring this site, regardless of your little joke.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

or targeted by the government for specific reasons

Hmm. I see fault in your logic.
/sarcasm
edit on 2-2-2013 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join