It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America online, mobile banking unavailable to customers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Bank of America online, mobile banking unavailable to customers

www.wcvb.c om

BOSTON —Both online and mobile banking were unavailable for Bank of America customers in Massachusetts Friday
Customers trying to access their accounts received messages that the "site was temporarily unavailable." Mobile customers were given a phone number to call for assistance.
Bank of America did not offer any explanation for the outage.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.fool.com

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Edit to add, this is happenig across the nation supposedly not just the east coast.

This has been going on since 10 central time today.
All B of A online banking is down. Only ATMs working. A few branches closed apparently also.

I don't bank with them, but this does not sound good. Several articles online about this referring to this issue in the past tense, as if it is over, but it's not. Online banking still down going into the weekend.

Must watch!

Strangely BofA stock up 3.6% today, even while all online backing down. Odd.

www.wcvb.c om

please tell us if you are being affected and in what states.
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-2-2013 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Now a B of A sell signal triggered? They couldn't figure that out this morning?
www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 1-2-2013 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Doesn't sound good? Depends on how you look at it.

I never had BA but I did get out of Wells Fargo and moved my money over to Navy Federal Credit Union. By the way you don't have to be military to have an account there.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Off subject, but could be related in some way. February gold delivery is looking like a gold run, yet price is being held down.
www.silverdoctors.com...

Feeling like August 2008, although a stock plunge this next time will include more than just stocks and mortgages, it will be everything,

Actually I'm gonna say it feels like May 2008, thinking we may have a few months to go.

Ok, back on topic.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
im in california and cant get access

just double checked at 2:31pm PST and its still out
edit on 1-2-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Gave ya a star, but it felt kinda wrong starring you for loss of banking services! Starred for contribution.

Also sitedown.co is down. This sites tell people what sites are down.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Gave ya a star, but it felt kinda wrong starring you for loss of banking services! Starred for contribution.

Hey maybe when its restored ill magically find 1 billion dollars deposited to my account.....That would be sweet!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Why people are still using BOA and such crap is beyond my comprehension. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and stop using these "institutions" in favor of local credit unions. Let these companies fail and die already.
edit on Fri, 01 Feb 2013 18:03:36 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
7pm --- SW Florida region ... still unavailable.
thanks for sharing this news ... those i've told were not aware either.

i'm wondering if this is technical (Anon) difficulty or a legal (NESARA) one ???

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

The site is down that tell's people what sites are down???

A hack maybe? (or a *reported* one--soon ?)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Still down.

Whatever the cause, they are not talking about it... which means their working on a story for damage control.

They probably got hacked by Rahm Emanuel for making loans to gun manufacturers.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

If there were an alleged hack attack I would imagine "Anonomous" (one of the many) might make a likely target.

But what if BOA themselves denied access to customers money so that they could play it to up the market 3+%, and then somehow cash in, hmmmm...but I guess things of that nature only happen in the movies. Right?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It was down, but it's working for me now (I'm in Texas).

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Someone tweeted that you can login from this page: Link

Click on the teeny tiny red Sign In link in the upper right hand corner of the page. It will ask for your site key. Just tested it and it works.

Not sure how people are supposed to know this though. The main login on the home page still says it's unavailable. Methinks someone needs a new PR manager.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
working now.

It was doing that to me today too.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I wonder if any other banks are having this problem or if it's exclusive to BOA. Also, why are people still banking with them? Between trying to jack excess fees and suddenly denying customers their own money because they are involved with legal sales in arms and ammunition, I am surprised they have any customers left.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

The same thing happened to BBVA Compass Bank today as well. Something is afoot! It is very interesting to say the least. It even effected direct deposits not posting! You know how many people get paid on the 1st of the month? A heck of a lot! I am sure a lot of people were very mad.....
edit on 2/1/2013 by NoSoup4U because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It might be related to this thread about unusually high cash withdrawals:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Banks are only keeping enough cash on hand to handle their normal ATM business. They don't even have enough cash to handle a 5% increase in cash withdrawals.

Today is the first, many people pay their bills on-line. If the large withdrawals are still happening, banks are going to be n big trouble. I'm guessing they didn't have enough cash to settle and this was a way to slow down the activity.

They WILL NOT call an official bank holiday - this will only cause people to panic and more withdrawals.

These "computer problems" are the ideal way to stop the outflow.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

and suddenly denying customers their own money because they are involved with legal sales in arms and ammunition

You mean this liar?

What a joke. He got his 15 minutes of fame, He certainly changed his story along the way.

In the world of banking, BofA is not the best pick. However, thousands of good, honest people work for them, so I don't wish their demise like so many people seem to do around here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join