It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Lies by Omission: War hero arrested, charged with 5 felonies over 30 round mags

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
So NY will allow pre 4-15-2013 10 round mags loaded with 7 rounds. I guess the next revision will be no more 10 round mags, just like the previous exemption for high capacity is gone. Then 3 rounds in a 7 round mag and so on...

Nah. Everyone knows there's no such thing as a "slippery slope." I mean, it's not like we've seen it in action over and over and over and over and over.....

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Any bets they are working toward a 1/2 round magazine

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

sorry, no luck...best you can hope for is a dummy mag that has a little button that goes "pew-pew" when you press it, lol

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
FOOLS!
These PISSANT LAWS will trip up many gun owners who are law abiding people....they will become "FELONS"
Thus will NEVER be allowedto possess the means to self defense again.......
Thus thinning out the ranks of responsible owners little by little......All of this and MORE in STRORE......
Get yer ducks lined up.....and good luck to all.......

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thanks for finding the actual law. So, he was breaking the law. Is it a stupid law? Yes, I think so. Should people be treated the same under the law, regardless of "celebrity"? Yes. In a perfect world.

I'll certainly be following this story to see what happens to Haddad.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
FOOLS!
These PISSANT LAWS will trip up many gun owners who are law abiding people....they will become "FELONS"
Thus will NEVER be allowedto possess the means to self defense again.......
Thus thinning out the ranks of responsible owners little by little......All of this and MORE in STRORE......
Get yer ducks lined up.....and good luck to all.......

No, what this will do is clear up any misconceptions that gun owners have about how the government feels about them. The government is willing to make you a criminal for simply owning an object. They have done this time and time again but because it was an object or substance that many people felt was a problem (drugs, alcohol, tobacco) people thought it was okay. Now its guns and soda's and trans fats and light bulbs and on and on and on.....Once you understand that they are willing to make you a criminal and willing to use force to detain you. To fine you. to eleminate your way of life and endanger your wife and children and their livelyhood then MAYBE you will get the picture that being a criminal in their eyes is not a bad thing. That being a criminal in their eyes sets you free. You will now be free and absolved of whatever respect and loyalty you might have had to their way of doing things.

Once you get past that we can start correcting this mess.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

All he had to say was he was transporting them to a gun shooting range or someone's house where he was to do target pratice and he wouldn't of got in trouble. Can't just be transporting magazines or guns like that without a reason or without a permit.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus

sorry, no luck...best you can hope for is a dummy mag that has a little button that goes "pew-pew" when you press it, lol

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YES! THIS IS GREAT!
how about the gun that when you pull the trigger, the "bang" flag falls out

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtybird

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YES! THIS IS GREAT!
how about the gun that when you pull the trigger, the "bang" flag falls out

Too dangerous. Somebody could jam the flag into your eye while you're laughing.
edit on 31-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987

Where does it say the boxes were empty? And isn't the problem that these can be used as part of a weapon?
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

I routinely carry scissors, razors, pencils, knives, baseball bats, shovels, golf clubs, gasoline, oil, and wire in my car.

Is it a problem that all of these things can be used as part of a weapon IF i wanted to?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Lesson of the day
Do not break stupid laws...they may be stupid, but they are law.

Instead, elect people whom will try to remove said stupid law...
Legislation is far more preferred than a rap sheet.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44

Where does it say the boxes were empty? And isn't the problem that these can be used as part of a weapon?

I routinely carry scissors, razors, pencils, knives, baseball bats, shovels, golf clubs, gasoline, oil, and wire in my car.

Is it a problem that all of these things can be used as part of a weapon IF i wanted to?

Which one of the list is currently outlawed in your state?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Oh right, the government told me it is outlawed.

I guess that makes it intrinsically bad and everyone who disagrees is a criminal.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Nothing like taking a good discussion to an absurd and unreasonable conclusion...
Look, it's against the law. It doesn't matter if it's a dumb law or not. You get caught breaking the law, you get in trouble. Get the law changed.

No one suggested that disagreeing makes you a criminal. I disagree with it, too.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Feinstein Gun Control Bill to Exempt Government Officials

I wonder why this would be? Perhaps for someone to have an even more unfair advantage?

LINK

I would think that since these laws do not apply to certain people and only to US citizens it would make these people non-US citizens. Why would any non-US citizen have any authority over a US citizen?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44

Thank you for making the same point as the person I was replying to. If you read through the thread, you will see that he raised the same problem as you did. That most things can be used as a weapon to some extend.

And as I pointed out in my next reply - bullets are used exclusively in weapons. So there isn't really gonna be much confusion to wether this person is going golfing or not.
Besides, I wasn't saying that I thought they are the problem. My attitude towards American Gun policys is rather agnostic. I simply don't know how I would handle the situation, and clearly there is much debate about it over there.
I was pointing out, or rather asking, if what I assumed was the reason why he was arrested, was that he had bullets in them. Not if it was right or wrong.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

I haven't found where government officials are exempt in her bill... Text Here

I searched it for "exempt", "government" and "official" and nothing relevant shows...

I wish these articles would be more precise and tell us WHERE it says that.

Edit: I think I found it...

Paragraph 1:

1) It shall be unlawful for a person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a semiautomatic assault weapon.
4) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to—

(A) the importation for, manufacture for, sale to, transfer to, or possession by the United States
or a department or agency of the United States or a State or a department, agency, or political subdivision of a State, or a sale or transfer to or possession by a qualified law enforcement officer employed by the United States or a department or agency of the United States or a State or a department, agency, or political subdivision of a State, for purposes of law enforcement (whether on or off duty), or a sale or transfer to or possession by a campus law enforcement officer for purposes of law enforcement (whether on or off duty);

I hate legalese!

edit on 1/31/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Lesson of the day
Do not break stupid laws...they may be stupid, but they are law.

Instead, elect people whom will try to remove said stupid law...
Legislation is far more preferred than a rap sheet.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
-Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Okay, how in the hell, is the no more than 7 rounds in a 10 round mag going to protect people? What if someone flips their **** and puts 10 rounds in a couple of mags, and goes on a killing spree .....

No, no, the government is testing us. It's the only explanation with that stupid 10 round mag law, they want to see just how much infringement they can get.

What if he loads a 20 round mag, and breaks the high capacity law and then kills you? Will it matter?

Last I checked, it was illegal to kill children, and bring guns on most campuses. How'd that freakin workout?

Damn, I can't stand our leaders some times, they are so stupid it isn't even funny. It's disgusting.

------------------------

The government needs to be reminded of rebellion. I just don't think any states have the balls to secede or threaten Washington. I can't do anything without the backing of a State. Otherwise I'd be a terrorist, and I'd die like one.

The Federal government should fear the states. They should be scared to pass anything unconstitutional less they anger the states.

I also want damn term limits instated on most government positions.
edit on 31-1-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

This story is spreading quickly. shtfplan and a few others have picked it up.

www.shtfplan.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join