It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious, purple spheres found in the desert

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Best guess...thermal insulating packing gel beads.
Obviously, someone opened a package and dumped the thermal-insulating, packing material on the side of the road.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

This could be, no, definitely is way out in left field. But is there any way that this is somehow a result of pollutants in the rain? Maybe corexit or something similar. I'm not suggesting that this is a result of the gulf of Mexico spill or anything, merely pointing out that corexit works by trapping the oil molecules inside a bubble of material in much the same way that this water is trapped inside an oily shell. Reminds me of bath beads that I would buy my mother on Christmas. Nonetheless, fascinating and beautiful.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It looks like bath beads to me.... little.... water soluble beads that you throw in the bath, and they release.... soap, or fragrances, or whatever...

My sister used to use those quite a bit, and they were different colours, and transparent, and filled with liquid that appeared to be water.

www.flickr.com...

farm6.static.flickr.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm gonna buy a bunch of these and spread them around in weird places and see if it gets on the news

Even tho I'm stealing someone elses idea, please don't steal mine

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunglower

Even tho I'm stealing someone elses idea, please don't steal mine

我们火上浇油,现在安上假肢,没有眉毛

Roddenbery never explained them... it's all in a name.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

really interesting whether it's a hoax
or something that occurred naturally
(terrestrial or extraterrestrial). Either way I'd like to know what it is

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
My best guess is that it's:

a) Hoax, just to get attention or the news station was out of news

b) If biological, it could be some sort of lizard eggs. It would have been interested if the news cast had an ounce of brain so they look around it for evidence of footprints and taking samples...

c) I read a while ago, similar things fell from the sky, again it can be some sort of eggs from some creatures

d) Keeping fingers crossed, out of the world

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
**ATTENTION** Top Secret Information:

I can only tell you few good people so keep it to yourselves
or your may have a night visit from the MIB.

We've been dumping these in the atmosphere for years
and spreading this amongst unsuspecting civilians for mind control
via "chem~trail" technology.

These "balls" are unexploded remnants fallen to earth and are highly toxic.
If found, please do not ingestate or you will immediately turn into a brain eating zombie!!!

This is what happens when some rookie forgets to turn on
the microwave expulsion thermo reactor

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Midnight13

Yeah, there was...

www.thesun.co.uk...

Although, in his case, they seemed to have fallen from the sky in a 200m radius from his home including his garden when it was raining. The spheres were all broken and damaged as if they did actually fall from the sky.

I think Dyna Gel is a good runner up for his case.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Ha ha ha.The replies so far prove the lunacy of some people.

I've planted stuff when I was younger before people had cell phones to take pictures and people thought all sorts of things when their imaginations ran wild.

It's so funny to watch people flip out because thy're either stupid, paranoid or both.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
This is quite plainly a psy-op to determine how stupid we are as a collective.

Seems we're pretty dumb if this made front page on ATS.

And...true to form, Mankind responds with the classic " Let's poke it with a stick!" response.

That "let's poke it with a stick" attitude is responsible for pretty much every advance mankind has ever made. Were there a lot of morons poking dangerous things along the way? Sure. Watching morons poke things with sticks have kept the rest of us safe over the years.

Let's see, I just read a thread about aliens infiltrating the internet, then you make a comment denouncing our most basic and important characteristic as humans. Hmmmm.....

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
They also look like bath oil beads.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
UPDATE 2:

Just got another u2u, from the ATS member involved.

Attempts to find out exact location have been unsuccessful so far, but he is clearly trying hard through emails and phone calls. He noted that it had also rained twice since the report, so samples might be tough, or contaminated. But he is still on it. Keep the fingers crossed, folks. I am sure he'll probably come into the thread to update us, if he is successful. On the other hand, he might not, which is fine. I am happy to provide updates.

Thanks again, to said member!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
hah, silly. i agree with the mundane assessments. the initial image makes it look like a vast sea of gelatinous orbs, but with some perspective it is clearly no bigger than the wet spot I'd leave taking a leak outside. deco balls or something for sure. i'm shocked that this story made it as far as local news to be honest. another reason to # on local news, it's always idiocy.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
My ex girlfriend and I drove out near Glamis Dunes and she brought "Orbies" and a box full of other interesting looking crap (Oranges, stuffed animals, fake food) to take pics for her photography class. I bet someone piled them up nicely for that very reason in this case. Pretty hilarious how the rumors and conspiracies start flying.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Glamis Dunes ,,,USE TO LIVE RIGHT ON THE ROAD OUT TO THERE.. Next door to the Orita land and Cattle company... feed lots..

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

artist set up the picuture and thats all, those eggs were all crafted for this artistic picture

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

sure is pretty

so that's where all our balls went

edit on 1-2-2013 by reject because: pix or it didn't happen

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
There have been some people here that have posted things that look close but I haven’t been convinced proof positive one way or another. I wish they had them analyzed that to me would be the only way to know for sure. I had just seen it posted on yahoo home page a few hours ago. Maybe someone will get them analyzed if they haven’t disappeared already.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snaffers
reply to post by CryHavoc

Same thought here!!
Must be Spitballs colored!!

I would say that is what they are but the site only had them in clear and glow in the dark.

Glow in the dark would have been a great gag.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join