It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious, purple spheres found in the desert

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
They apppear to have an inner and outer layer. If bath beads, where does the moisture come from to maintain there size? In a desert of all places. The Sun should draw moisture off of them at a fast rate. Considering India's red rain, anything is possible.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Probably dumped there by illegals, who used them to hydrate something, until they got picked up by the side of the road there.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
That is definitely NOT jelly fungus, lol, how could the guy she called even imply that. I think it's those deco-beads posted earlier or something similar to that. Or maybe Alf finally found a mate

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Im pretty sure, i would have grabbed a couple and done my own research. It all great asking the Media to come out and look, but asking for an explanation from them is just Dumb.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm just gonna say it's these ..

Seems JUST like these things.. they are fun to toy around with

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Have none of you seen the movie The Blob!!?

RUN!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So, even if they are just deco beads, why is ok that someone just dumped them out in the middle of the desert?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Maybe paint balls that are bleached out from the sun? im sure they have paintball games in the desert.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

They do remind me of the blue ones that fell from the sky. I notice the spread of them is not like it would be if someone dumped them, unless they carefully raked them out after dumping.

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglimogli
ummmm.. time to start making some omelets .. sunny side up ..

So your vote is on unicorn dung?
2rd............

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have no idea what the things are but they do seem to have the appearance and properties of some sort of polyacrylamide. That is what many of the water retention soil additives that are on the market are made of, like aqua-gel or water-sorb.

It would also help to explain how they are seemingly 'replenished' over night, as the material would absorb dew. Who knows, maybe agricultural polyacrylamides are somehow taken up in to the atmosphere and when they are regurgitated, they tend to form these sphericles.

Who knows how they would get that color, though. Possibly through oxidation, I am thinking, causing a color change.

P.S. You all should really check out these polyacrylamides. They are used in biology for DNA testing and other applications. All sorts of proteins and enzymes can inhabit polyacrylamides, so even if the answer to what these spheres are is really mundane, I am thinking we got something pretty weird going on here in terms of the color changes and the 'beyond-specifications' level of water retention we are seeing. I think these things are a combo of ployacylamide and living stuff. very strange.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Xoanon because:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I'm just gonna say it's these ..

Seems JUST like these things.. they are fun to toy around with

All we need to do now is stick them in the desert sun in the dry sand and see if you're right.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
They apppear to have an inner and outer layer. If bath beads, where does the moisture come from to maintain there size? In a desert of all places. The Sun should draw moisture off of them at a fast rate. Considering India's red rain, anything is possible.

I don't know much about those beads but they are highly hygroscopic and appear to be easily able to catch any early morning moisture in the form of dew, if they are these beads. It's rather interesting if these things were accidentally dropped there to see them functioning as they ought to, and if say, they are still holding moisture in a years time.
The thing is, they should dry out in the sun, and revert to the tiny things they were if there is no moisture, so if they are those beads, they have to be getting moisture from somewhere...and extending the limit that moisture can remain in the desert daytime hours.

edit on 31-1-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Good find! Haven't read all the posts yet, waiting for the debunkers to say they're not actually there and everyone who sees them is part of a mass-hallucination caused by inhaling swamp gas while looking at an optical illusion caused by chinese lanterns reflecting the sunlight.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon
I have no idea what the things are but they do seem to have the appearance and properties of some sort of polyacrylamide. That is what many of the water retention soil additives that are on the market are made of, like aqua-gel or water-sorb.

It would also help to explain how they are seemingly 'replenished' over night, as the material would absorb dew. Who knows, maybe agricultural polyacrylamides are somehow taken up in to the atmosphere and when they are regurgitated, they tend to form these sphericles.

Who knows how they would get that color, though. Possibly through oxidation, I am thinking, causing a color change.

P.S. You all should really check out these polyacrylamides. They are used in biology for DNA testing and other applications. All sorts of proteins and enzymes can inhabit polyacrylamides, so even if the answer to what these spheres are is really mundane, I am thinking we got something pretty weird going on here in terms of the color changes and the 'beyond-specifications' level of water retention we are seeing. I think these things are a combo of ployacylamide and living stuff. very strange.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Xoanon because:

That's the way I'm thinking, I didn't see the your post and the poster above me with the same idea, when I started to post. Those things should not be there for any prolonged time. So the dew must be the key, along with the ability to retain moisture long enough for the next cycle. Otherwise they are not these beads and something else, or someone is taking the pee.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Local scientists should have been flocking to the area. Wonder if the spooks have cleaned it up yet...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Every year there is a report of "strange orbs", and every year people forget about the previous year where it's clearly explained that these are deco balls used in vases to both keep plants watered and to look decorative.

Example:

abovetopsecret

It's a hoax (i.e.> done on purpose to incite confusion and debate), I'd guarantee it.

Also, for the parents on ATS: your kids will love these.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Miniatus explanation seems best so far on page one.
Aren't the deco balls solid, and hard like glass?
These cases in both the UK and Arizona were described as jelly like.

now...,
what was Miniatus doing checking out tiny silicone beads that expand to 300
times their size on the interest fer'?...hmm?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

now...,

Miniatus is on page two, for me at least. Anyway, ask yourself what is he actually saying, or rather fromabove's reply?

edit on 31-1-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

now...,

The deco balls in question are jelly-like.

Youtube is full of videos of these things, like this one:

edit on 31-1-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join