It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15-Year-Old Girl Who Performed At Obama Inauguration Shot Dead...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

You deserve it?

That is why I don't give a damn what someone who is not from here thinks of our gun laws. Like you REALLY care...

At least its a faster death then getting shanked by gypsies or beaten to death by roaming hoards of Romanians.....

edit on 30-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Sorry but even gang members right to guns is protected under the constitution.

What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" do all you gun grabbing liberals calling for gangbangers to be disarmed not understand
edit on 30/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I can solve the gang problem across the USA in a single generation. Simply have the City Issue hunting licenses when they issue an arrest warrant. If that does not work we could try this idea.

Offer $10,000 (maybe more) to every child that makes it to 18 without an arrest record. Offer them another $10,000 if they get sterilized at 18. 20k is cheaper than a single year of incarceration for the tax payers. It would also give the kids a head start on either college, trade school or a small start-up business.

I know, I should be King.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by jibeho

I would never go to Chicago.

Put it to you this way. I would first walk around with about 20lbs of gold chains on me, badly drunk, in a huge tourist Mexican hat and Hawaiian shirt in Tiajuana Mexico before "visiting" Chicago....

Everything I see from there seems awful.....just terrible...

LOL

So easily influenced by the Right Wing media demonizing Chicago.

If you were to visit Chicago and stick to where most tourist stick to, I doubt you would even see a scuffle, nearly impossible that you would see a shooting.

Chicago is a big place...a very very big place...very spread out. Most of the violence happens in neighborhoods where even most Chicagoans won't even go into.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

If you were to visit Chicago and stick to where most tourist stick to, I doubt you would even see a scuffle, nearly impossible that you would see a shooting.

But isnt that the point?

You can say the same thing about Afganistan.

Just stay in the "green zone" and you'll never see a scuffle.

Ignoring the violence or just writing it all off as a "ghetto problem" just helps the problem grow.

It's like Yale being surrounded by warring gangs in all directions but all anyone sees is the university and the rich people living in the "green zone." The only time the crime gets any attention is when a rich person or student gets assaulted then it's "war on violence!" for a month until they all forget and grow complacent in their bubble.

Same with the "gun free" utopia crap in the UK. It isnt gun free by any stretch of the imagination but since it's just gangs and immigrants they all simply write it off as a null set rather than deal with it.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Ignoring the violence or just writing it all off as a "ghetto problem" just helps the problem grow.

Who says I'm ignoring it.

I'm just pointing out that other persons illogical paranoia about "Chicago"...and it is due to Right Wing media painting it as an all out war zone.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

What else can they do? The cities are broke, and to keep sending millions into a hopeless situation.

In order to get this changed, people are going to have to break a few rules. Get bloody and nobody is willing to do that. So they just let the bubble expand till it breaks then they beat the Gangs back and let the bubble build back up. It's sorta like a Zoo, keep most of the animals caged up. Sometimes animals escape. You just re-cage them until better rules to deal with gangs are established.

Now since we have this treat anybody and everybody like a terrorist rule now, then maybe our police should take advantage of this sad loophole and use for some good, rounding them up and hold them , that way they are not release back into society in a few months to a few years.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I have always thought it odd that we spend billions of dollars on fighting a bunch of Gangs in the Middle East when we should be fighting them here at home. Time to send every asshat with a gang tat or known affiliation to a nice big walled city and leave them there. We could toss cheeseburgers and malt liquor and zip guns over the walls and just let them thin themselves out.

When are people going to get that gangs are DOMESTIC TERRORISTS.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm impressed. 2 pages in and not 1 person suggesting that this was a "hit" put on her because of what she did (sung to Obama) thus pushing for more gun-control. There's hope for ATS yet

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

I would never go to Chicago.

Put it to you this way. I would first walk around with about 20lbs of gold chains on me, badly drunk, in a huge tourist Mexican hat and Hawaiian shirt in Tiajuana Mexico before "visiting" Chicago....

Everything I see from there seems awful.....just terrible...

What a silly and uneducated post... I've been to Chicago many times. That's a huge place. Sure there are really bad areas, there are some -- but the rest is fantastic. Why generalize?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
I'm impressed. 2 pages in and not 1 person suggesting that this was a "hit" put on her because of what she did (sung to Obama) thus pushing for more gun-control. There's hope for ATS yet

A star for you, and I wish I could give a hundred.
I'm also quite relieved by the absence of "evil Reptilian leaders are trying to get even with Obama", or "secret message encoded in a girl's song leads to a hit from Zeta Reticuli".

May she rest in peace, and justice be done to the murderers.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Well, I used to make deliveries all over NYC. I know ghetto. There is live and let live ghetto and then there is wild and insane ghetto. I think the weather sucks and the bad type of ghetto prevails no matter where you go.

Honestly Eat my butt, and call me ignorant if you want. I stand by what I say. Keep Chicago.....all yours. Its like a cold and windy Newark NJ.....
edit on 30-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Draconian to be sure.

It would be easier and more effective if we passed one law.

Any person found in possession of an illegal weapon will have the contents of said weapon fired into their center mass.

Less people will be willing to carry a gun.

Those that do decide to carry will limit their magazine capacity on their own.

Probably wouldn't work though.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

It's only 2 pages in, they may be along shortly.

The politicians need to crack down on the gangs and quit worrying about making new gun laws they're not going to follow anyway. They Know what the problem is, yet want to pass laws that will effect the average citizen much more than any gang member.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Most of these punks are already Felons, going to prison for a firearm if caught is already a reality. But I do like the idea. Although you might want to modify it to "anyone caught with an illegal weapon in public". Because in just a few months a lot of folks that are law abiding are going to be in possession of "illegal" weapons.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

. Most of the violence happens in neighborhoods where even most Chicagoans won't even go into

or cops......for fear of their lives.....

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

Offer $10,000 (maybe more) to every child that makes it to 18 without an arrest record. Offer them another $10,000 if they get sterilized at 18. 20k is cheaper than a single year of incarceration for the tax payers. It would also give the kids a head start on either college, trade school or a small start-up business.

I know, I should be King.

You know, I think you actually have a good idea there with the financial incentives. Unfortunately by age 18, many of them have already had 2 or more kids. I think you need to sterilize the boys at birth, and give that incentive to the parents. Then, offer $20,000 or so to the kid who makes it to 18 with no arrests. Then, when the boy turns 18, if he wants to have the vasectomy reversed, he can - but he has to forfeit the 20 grand.
I like this idea!!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I may get some flak for saying all this but...

I like video games. I program often as a hobby too, although not professionally.

HOwever, why is it that in most games we're killing or destroying something? If you walk down an isle (if those still exist anymore with so many games being downloaded now) you'll see a large swath of games and most of them will have some kind of violence.

Grand Negotiation Auto (Grand Theft Auto)
Modern Peacefare (Modern Warfare)
etc...

Most roleplaying games have violence, including strategy games and many others.

I've liked arcade games, but those include destroying things too.

Why? I'll admit that I myself like combat in games. BUT WHY? I'm not violent. At least I don't think I am. I've always liked physical activities, but there's no direct violence.

But I might have something dormant inside waiting to be unlocked. Maybe if I became a police officer or a military man it would be unleashed, but in a much more controlled (responsible) way than through some other method. I honestly think that this instinct isn't released easily. It has to be pulled out. Like for example if someoen is sociopath or psychopath or they experienced trauma.
edit on 30-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Well, I used to make deliveries all over NYC. I know ghetto. There is live and let live ghetto and then there is wild and insane ghetto. I think the weather sucks and the bad type of ghetto prevails no matter where you go.

Honestly Eat my butt, and call me ignorant if you want. I stand by what I say. Keep Chicago.....all yours. Its like a cold and windy Newark NJ.....

Don't NYC me, I lived in Spanish Harlem for 11 years and still remember the occasional sound of gunfire in the streets.

The fact that you lived in a ghetto does not mean you can make ridiculous statements about Chicago, that's just stupid.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

The last time I proposed something like this I was compared to Hitler. It would take a few modifications and I had previously thought about the issue of underage kids, having kids. My thinking was right along the lines of your modified proposal actually!

With 20k a couple of years away I would have spent a lot more time in the bathroom with a magazine.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join