It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groom Security

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Where do they hire these security guards? That is, we know that a few years ago EG&G operated in Groom, and probably was the contractor who carried out the work of administrative management to hire these security guards with appropriate security clearances required for employment in a secret location like Groom, anyway, my questions are: how function this hierarchical chain? 99 contracting squadron of Nellis AFB search a contractor like JT3 LLC, then this contractor, search and hires the security personnel required, after carry out a personal background information to obtain the security clearance. Is that?

JT3 LLC operates at Groom Lake and is likely that Camo Dudes belong this company, but these security guards I guess that working at an air base of these features (so secret and classified) they need to have had a past with certain connections in other Air Bases that also worked for a while and have experience and confidence to make that their superiors send this guards to other locations, like NTS or Groom.

Regards
edit on 27-1-2013 by rayktheon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I may be terribly misinformed by some I've talked to over the years...but it's been my impression that there are some jobs where it finds you and not the type one goes and applies to get. I.E.....You've just completed your hitch or a career for that matter in Special Forces or some other high tempo/high training organization with security clearances just being part of the scenery that goes with it all....and invitations to 'explore new options' just kind of arrive to consider.

Next thing ya know? You're sitting in a white 4x4 on a lonely desert hill and watching a stupid mailbox, wondering how it all came to this?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rayktheon

You don't need to be ex-military to be a camo dude. Just pass the background check and security clearance. Of course it is easier to get hired if you passed, the security clearance in the past. I know of an ex-dude that was a cop. No military or prior security clearance.

I don't know if the 99th contracting handles to guards, since they are with Nellis and Groom is run by Edwards.

Have you seen a recent employment offer from JT3 that sounds like dude work? Even so, the offers are so vague that you don't know for sure if they are for jobs as camo dudes.

It is likely the 99th contracting handles construction on the base. (They contracted for roadwork around the range, and parts of Groom got paved around the same time.) Also likely is the 99th communications handles the repeaters and frequencies, since that requires regional coordination. But I think operations would come out of Edwards.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Drive a bit too close to the base and when they stop you, ask them how they got the job.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Hey, I think you hit on the magic ticket! If I get caught well inside the Groom Lake perimeter, I can simply say I wasn't trespassing! I heard there were job openings and the economy is brutal. Who can blame a guy for 'going the extra mile' to find that application line?

Think they'd buy it and be in a helpful and talkative mood?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Unless the US Government runs the policy of hiding things in plain sight, then I very much doubt there is anything of any concequence at Groom Lake. They just use it for testing potential aircraft and run projects like the Predator. But the hype seems to work that the government has created about the place, everybodys eyes are certainly on Area 51, whilst the real stuff will be going on behind closed doors at Civilian sites such as Lockheed Martin.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Think they'd buy it and be in a helpful and talkative mood?

Probably, if they didn't shoot you first.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Keep in mind that they aren't in HR (human resources).. And you'd more than likely, look like you're out to take their job. Lol, so I'm very doubtful that they'd be of any help or assistance in your job search.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
well, it's interesting what you told gariac, in that there was a dude now retired and was a cop, anyway,  these camo dudes worked mostly in other private security companies or police departments, after being hired for security at Groom Lake?

I have also heard that NTS and Groom guards are union, What do they mean?

edit on 28-1-2013 by rayktheon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

This particular former camo dude went to work at the Wynn. There is life after Groom ya know. Not a big secret, but one of the former F117 mechanics now works on 737s at McCarran.

Groom Lake security is union. I archived an article from the newspaper that shall not be named when the camo dudes went on strike. The pay wasn't so great, but the strike was over a decade ago. At least now they get cool trucks.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
All you need to be is a loser without anything to offer in any other field of jobs, then you can be invited.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
In the 1990's, it was known amongs ufology, that the security guard company Wackenhut......was the contracted choice for 51.
(Could that still be the case? I don't know.)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by specialcategory

Wackenhut had the DOE contract. I never heard of them being at Groom.

The TTR was ASI. I recall a contract for the "Washington Group" doing security at the TTR. The trouble is these companies get bought and sold, with actually nothing realluy changing but the name.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think Wackenhut is offering now security at Nevada Test Site, although I'm not sure, as we have said, in this region of Nevada these Air Bases (within the lands of the NTTR) there are many contractors involved performing different operations.

I don't know which company provides security to Groom, but I guess they do a rotating basis, ie it is possible that these camo dudes are working temporarily (like Permanent employees) and firm that today provides security in Groom maybe carry out of this form.

Contracting temporarily guards and selecting new applicants and so on regularly. Although it is true that they do it that way, so I don't know why they making of this form. To ensure a good compartmentalization of operations that carry out in Groom? Possibly.

Of course, at least they now have better pickup trucks, when that they had in the 90s, I remember those white Jeep Cherokees. Now I don't know if they will be better paid and their working conditions are better than before. I've never seen a camo dudette speaking publicly and giving the face, only former employees like Barnes and other engineers.

edit on 29-1-2013 by rayktheon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Often, I've seen pictures of black and white vans coming through the back gate, and even Station 700, and my question is this, when one of these vehicles is approaching the security perimeter where are the camo dudes, the contractor or trucker that drive the vehicle, warns of their arrival by radio to access to the air base? Or must present some type of credential or document to access?

So I've seen a few times that the truck driver gets out of the truck and a military take the truck and go to the base, and other sometimes the contractor leading the truck not stopped, access directly to the base.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I'd be interested in any photos you saw of vehicles leaving Guard Station 700 since there is no photography allowed on the NTS tour. I have never seen any black and white vehicles leaving Groom Lake border points. Generally the vehicles are all white. If not white, then anything goes. I saw one Rachel resident (now deceased) drive through the back gate.

Guard Station 700 is a special case. It is used for deliveries. The only reason I know about how it operates is I met a truck driver on one of the NTS tours that did deliveries via Guard Station 700. The driver hands over the truck to a military driver (his description, though it could just be a civilian that works at the base). The commercial truck driver hangs out at the guard station until the truck is returned.

Note the NTS workers use the word "gate" rather than "guard station". On the internet, you find gate and station, but not usually guard station. However on the NTS map, they use guard station.

Now more interesting is the behavior at the front gate. This is the only entrance where you need to drive past the border for some distance before reaching the physical gate. That is why so may people get trapped. There is no physical barrier at the border, so they drive right past the border and the dudes arrest them.

Vehicles that are allowed to cross the border at the front gate do so without getting any action from the camo dudes on the hill. I don't know if the guards are alerted to a vehicle by time of arrival, description, RFID, radio alert, license plate recognition, whatever. They just drive past the border and the dudes don't do a thing. Since people crossing the border at the front gate are actual workers, it is less likely they will reveal the procedure since it is opsec related. The only person that could be quizzed is that guy that nearly ran over Norio. He is/was some sort of county politician. So he is both named and working for the county means you could meet with him on county business then ask the question. Just don't expect an answer.

I don't think every schmuck that driver through the front gate has a radio on the Groom Trunk system. Steve Medlin, the rancher, has a radio, but it is believed that the radio is a simple two-way radio than an official EDACS MR-K fed band radio. I talked to someone that got a ride with the rancher to cross at Bald Mountain and saw the radio in use. If it were me, I'd ask to inspect the radio and would be copying down serial numbers if not checking it out with a frequency counter. But alas the person that got the ride didn't do that. However I was told the radio looked really old. MR-Ks are old, but not very simple looking. So it is possible some people radio ahead to the dudes, but nobody has caught such a transmission.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
If any of you guys go on Lazygranch that has possibly one of the best pictures of what appears to be a cammo dude packing groceries into a white pickup that had government plates. If you live in Lincoln, Nye or Clark county NV i guarantee you will have seen a cammo dude or a worker before, you just won't know it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
starting this thread here probably hurt your chances of getting hired

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by specialcategory

Could be wrong but I think it's EG&G now. I remember reading about wackenhut on Glenn Campbell's old website. I think they changed contractors in 98 or 99.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I heard of a credible source that shall not be named that they are on a tight schedual and their licence plates etc are checked from a distance first then the driver takes it into restricted land and then hands it over to security who drive it to the base, offload the supplies and then they return the vehicle to the respective owner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join