It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do You Need an AR or AK?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+106 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'm going to be completely honest here. I am the reason you need an 'assault' rifle. I am a highly trained and expert marksman in the US Army. With the badges on my ERB to prove it. I am an expert in pistol, rifle, and machine gun use and aerial gunnery .

I am trained in breaching tactics, hand to hand combat, force on force, and have the best equipment your tax dollars can buy. I belong to the most advanced and lethal military force the world has ever known and while I am a man of principles and take my oath to the Constitution seriously, there is no telling what future generations of soldiers will think and believe...If they do at all.

You should not, under any circumstances question my ability to wreak utter destruction upon the enemy. Myself and every soldier, airman , marine, sailor, and coast guardsman are more than capable of destroying the enemy. Whether it's the taliban or a modern and cohesive military force.

The founders of this great nation warned of the dangers of tyrants and the standing Armies they command. The second amendment is and shall always be a testament to their foresight. While I do not believe that todays military could be used in such a manner, what about tomorrows? Things in this country are changing. Beliefs are changing. I see a quantifiable tendency toward ever increasing state and military power, and with that a more collectivist and power hungry form of politics that essentially forces people to choose between the proverbial "lesser of two evils". I see these changes, not just in politics and the media, but in much of our society...Quite frankly, it scares the hell out of me.

The notion that some have that the threat of tyranny is a bygone fear of generations long past is ignorance at best. How anyone can look at the changes I've seen and not see the clear and present dangers to our freedoms, especially since 9/11, is beyond me. I am not a "Truther", but you don't have to be one to see the litany of attacks on our liberties since the Patriot Act was passed. The last 12 years have seen enormous changes in how government and the people express the relationship between them. I don't believe that relationship is what the founders intended, nor is it what the American people really want.

The powergrabs by government have many people concerned. Including people like me. And if I'm worried, should you be too? Why would we trust government that has used that trust to enrich its members and corporate cronies, and for the accretion of ever more power, with the stewardship of our safety? Safety, as well as Liberty will always be the responsibility of the people...The individual, dare I say it. To abdicate that responsibility to government is asking for abuse. Maybe not today. But tomorrow? Do you have that answer? Because I don't.

Whether liberal or conservative or libertarian or anarchist or communist, don't let there be a moment in our history where there was no one left to speak for you. Speak with one American voice.

edit on 26-1-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+35 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You are also the Second Amendment manifest. You are our highly trained and regulated militia. Do what's noble and state that you are an Oathkeeper and that, if ordered to fire on American civilians, you will refuse that order and will defend the people, for they are the seat of government.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Because we have a bill of rights, not a bill of needs.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

I think you should actually read the OP.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

You are also the Second Amendment manifest. You are our highly trained and regulated militia. Do what's noble and state that you are an Oathkeeper and that, if ordered to fire on American civilians, you will refuse that order and will defend the people, for they are the seat of government.

~Heff

And so are you. I do not need to belong to the Oathkeepers to be one. I serve in the US Army to protect the American people, not to harm them. It is not my job to enforce domestic policy. My job is to enforce foreign policy. Or to destroy invaders.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I have both.

Why do people have more than 1 car?
Why do women have more than 1pair of shoes?
Why do people have more than 1 pen or pencil?
Why do people have more than 1 opinion??
Why do people have more than 1 " (insert you favorite somethings)" ???
Because we enjoy these things! We enjoy our freedoms!
It's our right to have quiet enjoyment and enjoy of the fruits of your labor.
And thank G_D we have people like the OP to defend us.

edit on 26-1-2013 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

I think you should actually read the OP.

I did read it, I responded to the thread title.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Thank you for your service!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It's people like you who give me that glimmer of hope that it's not time for the fat lady to sing her song just yet.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You have written one of the most lucid, honest and pragmatic appraisals of the relationship between government and the people I've ever read.
Eloquently stated sir.
I am glad there are people of your integrity serving our country.

You're correct about the US military being the most capable armed forces to have ever been, but it should be said that overconfidence is their biggest weakness.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Asktheanimals because: because Heff said I could !!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

We are realists in the military.

Overconfidence is the folly of dumbass politicians.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is honestly what people need to be hearing, but nobody has the balls to stand up and say it. There is no assurance as you stated that those who will comprise our military forces of tomorrow will be anything like you and those who you serve with today.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well I need my AR for many purposes, they can be used for certain hunting [coyotes and furbearer], target shooting and other reasons both legal and not of anyone else's business
If it ever needs to be it has other uses the gov't and some people may not like or believe in. But after over fifteen years of owning one, I have never had any legal or even idiot issues with my AR. The idiots were quickly figured out and not let to go have the grown up fun with it
IF it ever has to be used for unpleasant matters I know how well I can depend on it [hence why I'll go with a 30.6 bolt action if shtf]

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Asktheanimals

We are realists in the military.

Overconfidence is the folly of dumbass politicians.

And despite the recent proposals offered by some that the United States would open fire on its own and Generals were being chosen to agree in doing so by a corrupt administration, I believe a Coup would ensue before a totalitarian regime would be successful in waring against its own citizens in a power grab. I believe the Generals would see through and refuse to blindly obey a tyrannical POTUS.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
OP - may I repost in other places / forums? Thank you for your service and honesty

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
As for why do we need AK's or AR's ....? to meet overwhelming firepower with a similar overwhelming firepower. The premise of owning weapons is to afford a countermeasure against an out of control government trying to impose their will by having a monopoly on force.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Clean.
Clear.
And to the point.

Well written, as most of your threads/posts, Vxn.
I regard you as a highly intelligent person and this further validates that.
Great job summing up what needs to be said, and why.

There is a rhyme and reason for everything in our Constitution.
The authors knew it, and todays politicians are scared of it.
Want to know why?
Because if properly used, it keeps those imbeciles in check!

Not much else to add...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

But the constitution states otherwise.

I support responsible gun ownership.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I think a lot of the detractors just don't understand that, like you, we who have served were trained on this weapon platform and it's what we feel most comfortable with. We also took that same oath, which doesn't end when our service contract expires. It continues until death. So while I am a civilian, and you are active duty, we both must support and defend the Constitution of the Unites States from all enemy's, foreign and domestic.

And like you, we would all rather be ready and hope we are not needed, then to sit back, empty handed, and hope nobody realizes that fact.

I may have strayed from your OP, but those are my thoughts.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

~Heff

And so are you. I do not need to belong to the Oathkeepers to be one. I serve in the US Army to protect the American people, not to harm them. It is not my job to enforce domestic policy. My job is to enforce foreign policy. Or to destroy invaders.

Most servicemen do not realise that the "domestic enemy" is greater than the "foreign enemy". We make lots of foreign enemies because of washington's incessant drive to expand the corporate markets throughout the globe. They have no problem overthrowing governments with exaggerated excuses or even fabricated ones(such as the 9-11-2001 terrorist plot).

Also the military industrial complex needs to keep itself busy and expand when posible.
edit on 27/1/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join