It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end is very near

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by zero1020
I don't need a god to tell me right from wrong, my parents taught me morality. If god does exist and the world does end soon I'm sure he/it won't let me burn in a lake of fire. If I live a just life and coexist with my fellow man without believing in god do I deserve to go to hell? Seems unfair to me, maybe I should bow down and submit to the cruel, heartless entity known as god so I don't go to hell.

Possibilities:

a) God exists, but he's not all-powerful. Not really much point in talking about it because that's not really "god" by our definition.

b) God exists and is all-powerful but he's a complete jerk. Why? Because he lets all the suffering in the world go on when he could do something about it in a tangible way. To those who go for the 'God has a bigger plan' excuse, that means that in some subjective reality all the suffering of little children is actually a good thing; i.e. it requires the ultimate in moral relativism. Moral relativism sucks, it means you can't really determine anything ultimately meaningful.

c) There is no God.

So, if we discard A because it's meaningless and reject moral relativism for essentially the same reason that means that either God doesn't exist or he is a complete and total monster.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If you feel it in you vs. see it in front of you, do you really think there is a difference?

IMO, like I said before, it (HE) is already here. In your heart space. The end (of Ego-dominance through mind-space thought) is near, but like all spirituality and true salvation, it comes from INSIDE the SELF, not through an external device.

Simply choose by your own free-will to move into your heart-space and radiate the Christ within you, and you will know my words ring true. They are my truth, discovered rather suddenly as these happenings came to me.

Do you want to know why I think they did? Because I decided to go within myself and consciously forgive each and every person that I could remember for everything they ever did to me, and I released through a process each and every negative thought that I could at that time. I've repeated this a few times as new thoughts and grudges etc. came up, and this movement of emotions even made me ill and weak for a time while the power of them came through me to be transmuted through love. It still happens but I now feel at least 100 times lighter on my feet spiritually, and I highly recommend any soul to look INSIDE and do this work.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BSFC123

Your conclusion is 100% accurate, but the path from here to there is not as you have been told.

Do not place your faith in the false doctrine of a rapture, all will have to live through the billions dying, it is part of the humbling process nessisary to receive God's truth and His Kingdom on Earth. All must bare witness to the natural end to sinful mankind, it is one of the greatest learning tools possible and quite possibly the reason your were created at this moment in time.

Jesus Christ is returning very soon (Pentecost 2013).

ronaldweinland.com...

Click on the link to read the latest message from God through His prophets and know what is soon to transpire over all the Earth, as the kingdoms of this age fall to make way for the Kingdom of God on Earth.

God is your "petra" (place of safety), and His commandments are your mark; in your mind (forehead) and in your works (right hand). God is about to reveal His truth to all mankind in preparation for the arrival of His Kingdom.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BSFC123

the end is always near we could be wiped out by an asteroid or space anomoly in a second so why worry about it?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Text Thanks for saying the same thing others have said for the past two millennium. Now only if you can post some kind of proof or a hint, or else I don't know if this post should even be considered.
reply to post by BoxInAbox

@ BoxinAbox

The OP just gave you the hint but the proof will be when you die and you will one day. Not an organized religion guy myself but sure do love any guy who would give his life for mine. Long time ago some guy asked me if I was sure that I would go to heaven. Guess he was trying to convert me or something cause he told me that he was sure that he would be in heaven when he died.

Remember telling him that if I was sure of going to heaven then it wouldn't be faith now would it? My bible always told me that I was going to stand trial and be judged and if that is true then I'm actually not very sure that I won't be found guilty as charged. Isn't that what a trial is all about?

No one is making you believe what the OP has just written cause like he said, that's just his own opinion and being as everyone is entitled to their opinion then no harm to you or me. Now beings that the OP and you and I have gotten our say out of the way it looks like no one can say what is what till either it is or it ain't.

Remember Will Rogers? "There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves." Will Rogers

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I've always felt that we are wasting our time arguing about who's right and wrong in regards to the afterlife. People who arrogantly assume that know what happens when we pass over are more deluded than anyone who follows any faith. That is the moment when we finally find out the answers, when everything will be revealed, and not before. To assume otherwise is very foolish.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
We all gotta die sometime. If this god is real and thinks I deserve to be tortured in fire forever, then so be it. There's nothing I can do about it, and I'm not going to start "believing" because I'm afraid of what might happen if I don't.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by BSFC123

I dont think your going to be very happy with the truth.

God is santa claus for adults. Religions are invented to control people.

Just promise me you wont hurt yourself or others once you stop being so ignorant.

Cults are invented to control people. Christian religion was not invented, it is part of God's plan. You either believe that the universe and mankind are a random happening, or you believe there is a purpose and a plan. When you look at the universe do you see random chaos, or do you see perfection and order? In life do you see a perfect balance of elements and design, or do you see random patterns that don't work? Do you believe life is without meaning, or that mankind has a bigger purpose? I feel sorry for those who can't see the bigger picture. Those who accept the random happening theory don't bother doing their homework are really taking the hard way out. Jesus wasn't trying to control people, he was trying to save them from taking the hard way. Everything good in life comes from God. There are infinite examples of the way God communicates with us, you only need to open your heart and mind to see it. Those who think they are smarter than God are the ones who won't be happy with the truth.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Well I guess you told God just where to put it huh! It's your way and it's always right and everybody should get out of your way .
Something you haven't pondered is that to come to Christ you have to be repentant of your sin . Right now you must not think you have sinned or have acted inappropriately to others or God . You are happy with the filth in this world . You may be a big part of it . One day you grow tired of the pure evil in this world . Then maybe you will not .
Christians are people who have chosen the things that are of God and Holy rather than the dark things where evil vile people live .
Until you can distinguish between the two and tire of evil you will never understand the Christian .
I hope you have enough time to see what I am talking about .

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BoxInAbox

Sounds like you've been on this planet for 2 millenium...He did give you evidence and that is in the bible. If you actually read it you'd understand that it prophesises about the end.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Religions are invented to control people.

Just promise me you wont hurt yourself or others once you stop being so ignorant.

Ironically you are an ignorant one for not studying Christ and the bible. It is not a religion and the bible says you are not justified by works (religion). It's not to control you for you still have free will. It's about a relationship.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Well that is because we are fortunate to live in the US. There are other places in the world...that will hurt you. Not every place has freedom of religion.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

Lol sorry to be a jackass, if you don't like the post don't read or comment on it

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

You know thats just what you heard from someone else. The bible tells you the meaning of it and its purpose. You should read it sometime. Not to be rude, and please don't take any offense, but many people say that and they havent even read the bible. I recommend reading it and just like he said, start with the book of John. The New Testament is very clear and that should be the main focus anyway.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Why do Christians believe they are going to escape this mess most of them made?

Why do they think they will escape tribulation?

Why do they need to feel they need to be rescued by Jesus?

Why do only about 1/6 of the world's population think they are God's chosen and what...to hell with the rest?

Why do they believe that Jesus will not destroy every single Christian for not being good stewards of this beautiful Planet?

If Jesus does return I think the Christians will have a lot of explaining to do on why his home was robbed, gutted and pretty much burnt to the ground by them...

Everyone is making a mess because we are all sinners, and Jesus died for our sins because he was the perfect sacrifice. We will not escape all of tribulation because it is a sort of test to see if we trust our creator and the word he gave us. We need to be rescued because hell sucks (I've been there). And we are predestined because God is eternal and he knew who was going to be saved, not to hell with the rest, but we are here to help the rest and follow God's will. Predestiny and time and free will is a difficult thing to comprehend especially if God is all...And not one man is righteous (as said in the bible). We are sinless because we believe and got crucified in Christ. We are at the same level as Jesus which shows how much God loves us.
Jeremiah 29 11-14

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dollarbar

We are not on the same level as Jesus in any way . We will not be sitting at the right hand of God . We will not be opening the Lambs Book of Life nor shall we be saving anyone by Grace .
I just read where you talked about reading the Bible . You need to read it again .

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dollarbar

Exactly. I don't think the church is ready for Heaven-we have a lot of cleaning house to do.

We will be purified by sufferings, persecution and tribulation, as fire purifies gold.

The doctrine of the Pre-Tribulation Rapture is relatively new. It was started by the Plymouth Bretheren in the 1820's.

For the first 1800 years of Christianity, they didn't believe that God was going to spare them in the Apocalypse.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BSFC123

I can honestly say that before reading the content, I scoffed at the title. I scoffed because I thought this would be another meaningless rant or another doom post.

Now I will honestly say that I was quite moved after reading it through. You didn't post a spur-of-the-moment rant, or about any crazy fringe topic - you spoke from your heart, and I can see from your words that you are filled with the spirit of God.

God bless you. Don't let the world put you down. Don't lose your grip on the passion that inspired you to write this, rather as I like to put it - don't step out of the Holy Fire. Don't step out of God's love. It is only a flickering light - your words are but a candle, but know this: In a world filled with darkness that flickering candle is all the light there is.

I believe deep down in my heart that we ARE in fact approaching the end, and that the end is very near. My spirit agrees with you - with every word.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Christ is already here, didn't you read your Bible? He is WITHIN each and every one of us. Don't take my word for it though, Im just telling you what he said via the Bible.

That isn't accurate. First off, believers are indwelt by the Holy Spirit, NOT by Christ Jesus. The Spirit and the Son are not identical. Plus, ONLY believers have this, not each and every person.

The church is a metaphor for the embodiment of spirit. He lives within each of us and us in him. He represents all of mankind. When He "takes us back" is when we all rise to the occasion of giving love like he did through what some may call "Christ consciousness". Again, this can be found in the Bible. Instead of listening to a man tell you what it all means, read it and decipher for yourself.

The Church is the body of believers. Not all people are part of that body, and the Bible never claims otherwise. I have read it, and your claims don't match what the Bible teaches.

You sound like one of my family members. Its sad, really. You are no good, don't deserve peace or happiness because you are a bad sinner. What a shame you think so low of yourself. Jesus did not teach this AT ALL! Jesus would rather you be like him (a giver who does not divide others) than to follow him. He never meant for anyone to worship him as a father. He is not coming to save you, my friend. He did not create this religion you follow nor does he approve of all the dogma that has switched his words around to fit a controlled agenda via the elite. You, like many, are falling for mans dogmatic control. God wants us free from the bondage. Know this.

Again, totally incorrect, and not Biblical at all. Jesus did state that people are sinners. This message is through the entire Bible. And, yes, he did come to save people that accept Him. Salvation will not be universal. That is false teaching.

We have free will.

That is exactly why some will NOT be saved, because they reject Jesus as Savior, and turn away the gift He offers.

The Bible was created for the control of the Christian who back in the day disagreed based on the many sects of Christendom at the time of Constantine. Its lost a lot of its mysticism due to controlling the masses. One can read the Bible and see where it fits mans ideals at the time of its inception. No doubt its a great read, but there is so much added to and taken away. Know this.

Yet again, totally inaccurate. The Bible is simply the collected works of Scripture. Through much of their history, the RCC made it illegal for believers to own, or read, a Bible. They were controlling people by keeping the Bible from them, NOT by using the Bible. The opposite of what you claim is what actually happened.

The only religion that is valid is the religion one teaches himself regarding the golden rule. Everything else is dogma. Love others and give to others. Its that simple. God does not have time for the religions who seek to divide and conquer. Thats not freedom.

This is simply not Biblical. You can believe that if you wish, but don't claim that the Bible supports your position, because that isn't true. Christianity isn't about religion, but about a personal relationship with God. Salvation through His blood. Eternal life, free of the sin that has plagued us since the beginning. If you deny the deity of Christ, and deny His sacrifice, you teach a message that isn't Biblical. There is another term for that sort of false teaching, as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Why do Christians believe they are going to escape this mess most of them made?

Why do they think they will escape tribulation?

Why do they need to feel they need to be rescued by Jesus?

Why do only about 1/6 of the world's population think they are God's chosen and what...to hell with the rest?

Why do they believe that Jesus will not destroy every single Christian for not being good stewards of this beautiful Planet?

If Jesus does return I think the Christians will have a lot of explaining to do on why his home was robbed, gutted and pretty much burnt to the ground by them...

edit on 24-1-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

...and the anti-Christian bigotry rears its head. You are SO wrong, it's sad that you can't even see it. Christians are not responsible for all the woes of the world, while the rest simply hang around as poor little victims. What a crock! The fact that the United States slides more and more into decline, the more that people turn from Christianity, is more than enough proof that you, as usual of the anti-religious crowd, have everything all backwards and upside down.

Now, do you have anything relevant to the actual thread to add?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join