It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end is very near

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Eh, I would rather be here to fight the war. Seems like a better thing to do and much more help.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I can't agree. This theory is one that I used to subscribe to. Unfortunately I came to realize that the God I was creating in my mind was literally of my own creation.
If you believe this then I suggest you study Romans
edit on 23-1-2013 by BSFC123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

edit on 23-1-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I, too, confess my sins and accept the salvation which can not be earned but must come by His Grace and Love and I testify that your words are true as written in the Sciptures.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BSFC123
reply to post by georgeandrew

Unfortunately, the Bible doesn't leave any room for that. The "believe whatever makes you happy" idea is diametrically opposed to the truth of the Bible.

Ten years ago I was meditating and trying to dive inside my own mind for answers. What I found there pushed me towards Christianity.

The Bible tells Christians to be prepared for people to hate us and ridicule us. It also tells us to speak the truth.

not everyone who meditates gets pushed towards christianity. if you grew up in the west you were either exposed to the ideas or sat nearby and its "smoke" got into your lungs/mind.

now if you argue that you were not raised in a christian country there exists the possibility that the huge astral form of the belief structure of christianity reached out its tentacles and ensnared you due your particular make-up. this is not necessarily bad. it may keep you on the straight and narrow for the time being. .

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

I'll pray for you as well...though my prayer comes in the form of taking another shot and cursing your member name.

Different strokes for different folks, huh BSFC..?

If God created everything then I guess doing a shot is becoming one with God.

Do a bunch of shots and you won't have to even worry about cursing and God will love you for it.

And if the end is near you'll be full of God too.
edit on 23-1-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You keeping this strictly 100%. I'm with you all way

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by georgeandrew
The fact of the matter is its all a faith based belief. I had faith once there was a Santa Claus. I'm not saying there's not something after we die. but to put a fine point on it is just a narrow sort of view. You believe what you will . I will not try to persuade you other wise. But when the trumpet s don't sound its not because your bound for Hell.

It is NOT all faith based..The price for knowing the truth that God is real, is the act of believing first... If you can't try and believe first, then you won't ever get proof until it is too late. And not everyone will get proof, nor would you need it if you have just a small amount of faith first.. Saying this for anyone, not necessarily you..

I did it, and got total proof, but that didn't come until many years later, but I never stopped believing once I started, because I knew that with all the evil in this world, that there would be accountability.. You can bet there definitely will be accountability!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The end of this physical reality and realization, expansion and union with ones true self or vice versa.

It is what is. Alpha and the omega. Yin and Yang. Peace and harmony. Love and light. You name it.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BSFC123

its called "self fulfilled prophecy"., the creator has nothing to do with any book.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

The events in Syria, Egypt, Israel, and the entire Middle East are lining up for the beginning of the Tribulation, just as the Bible foretold.

Where in the Bible does it say that, please? Where does it say in the Bible that the government of Egypt will be overthrown and that radical Muslims will take over?

The recent talk of a Palestinian state and peace in the region are exactly what the Bible points to immediately before the Rapture and the Tribulation. When peace is being discussed, a real peace, that is when Christ will come back and take His church out of this world.

Where does the bible discuss the Palestinean state? Chapter and verse, please?

edit on 23-1-2013 by Snsoc because: accuracy

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
People have been hoping for the second coming of Jesus before the gospels were even written.So what does that tell you ,people similar to yourself have been saying the same things for millenia. What makes you right now when so many have been wrong before. So what you have thought of someone has thought of before you. Nice try though

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BSFC123

We didn't even make month into the new year before getting one of these threads.
edit on 23-1-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The Bible and holy books are just that -- books. These books are written in an attempt to convey a message, but that message is given in the form of words, and words are merely symbols, open to interpretation.

The belief in an external savior will only leave you feeling helpless and disempowered. In the words of your beloved, "the kingdom of God is Within you". "The Father and I are One".

Instead of waiting for Jesus to come back and solve our problems, connect with Christ within, and our problems will solve themselves.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I stand with the OP. It would be nice if all ATS members could be respectful of others, tho.
Just sayin'

Problem is, those who have faith are considered as being stupid or uneducated....that is, until the events occur. Then the unbelievers are caught off-guard and suffer the consequences.

I always believed in God, because it just made sense to me. For example, why would I not want to believe in an afterlife? If you believe in ghosts, maybe you believe they are afterlife...like I do. If there are ghosts, there must be good and bad ghosts, like good and bad people... So, it follows logically, if I may say, that there must be a superior ghost to all ghosts...call it what you may.
edit on 1/24/2013 by Jim Scott because: ahem

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Im willing to believe anything if it is the right thing.

The question i've always wondered is..

What about those who have no access to a bible? Those who cant read or have never even heard of or seen a book. Those in poverty around the world that have never heard the term, "religion". Are these people doomed or are there special chances for them due to the fact that they will never "accept" Jesus into their life because they never hear of the word.

This is a true question.
edit on 24-1-2013 by itsJUSTzo because: Mistake Prone

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by BSFC123

But lets imagine im right....

You wouldnt hurt anyone or yourself would you?

How do you think you would feel realizing it was all a lie?
edit on 23-1-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

It's called faith. Have some

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BSFC123

Don't worry about any negativity. You shared what needs to be shared. That's all we can do. Sow the seeds, and leave their growth up to God. Remember, His Word never comes back empty. Someone is helped by this.

You aren't alone in believing it will be soon. So many signs are there. Plus, if you do have discernment (as I do), it's something you feel. How soon, I don't know, but soon.

For those that doubt, there will come a day when all the "crazy Christians" aren't around, when a lot of people are simply gone, with no good explanation. When that day happens, remember this thread. Remember that someone said Jesus was coming, and the saved were going with Him, and that things would be very bad for a little while. It will be possible to accept Him in those days, but it will be very hard for those that do. Far worse for those that do not, though.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Insomniac
reply to post by BSFC123

I'm not going to scoff or make fun of you, but if you're going to preach at us, shouldn't you be doing it in this forum: Religion, Faith and Theology so that those of us who don't wish to be preached at can avoid it?

"Predictions & Prophecies: This forum is for the discussion of published clairvoyant predictions from contemporary psychics and "prophets" as well as ancient prophecies and prognostications. This forum is not intended as a venue to post your personal predictions."

The OP stated a prediction, based on the Bible, and what it says about the End Times. He stated that he thinks this will happen soon. Seems like the right place to me. Was it moved from some other section?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Gave you a chance up until i read.

"Arguments can be made about other religions, and why they aren't valid...mainly because they teach that the answer is in the self, and that is inherintly not true. "

The thing about the bible, its very hard to understand the true meaning, and everyone has their own interpretation.

But i do agree with your notion that the end is near.
At least you where smart enough not to mention a date!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join