It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dare I say it - UK Showing Early Signs of Recovery

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Yea your right. Jessops was and always has been expensive along with hmv. And lovefilm etc has been giving blockbusters a bit of a hiding in recent times. Things have got to change for the better soon

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

There is NO hope for the UK or the West at all.

The sooner people realise that one quarter or 3 quarters on the trot of good turnover for the UK doesnt mean anythign in terms of recovery!

The UK being debt free completely, whilst having enough gold to back its currency...thats RECOVERY

What you say here may well be true. In my personal view from what I know in my own time spent researching the topics ... it's 100% true.

However, I think we ought to consider something as well. The system we have may limp along for another couple years...it MAY limp along this way for a decade or more. By math and economic principle it shouldn't still BE functional right now, but it is. So who knows how long it defies logic and math?

With that in mind...is it beneficial to suppress and stomp down any signs of good news within the overall trend downward? I mean hope and the ability to cling to something is what helps people endure and survive the worst of times to help build better ones. It just seems a little harsh not to let a good word stand now and then without the crushing reality of the big picture being brought to erase it almost instantly.

edit on 23-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

If there is no inbetween what is a person who has had benefits stopped and is out of work and not ill called?Cameron classes them as employed.Take a look around at how many jobs go each day?Lloyds just announced mass layoffs straight after the muppets question time and the employment figures were released.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ramarevealed

People out of work but who do not claim benafits are not classed as employed in the statistics at all.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

No they arnt classed as employed thats the point,they arnt classed as unemployed ,hence the inflated figures by the lying coalition saying "people claiming benefits has dropped".They just been abandoned and forgotten left by the wayside.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46

Yea your right. Jessops was and always has been expensive along with hmv. And lovefilm etc has been giving blockbusters a bit of a hiding in recent times. Things have got to change for the better soon

Yeah I dont think its fare to compare them, markets are changing and some aren't adapting.

Jessops as pointed out is expensive, you can now order prints online and supermarkets tend to offer the same service with the benefits of you picking up the photos after your shop.

HMV not dealing with the online markets and neither has Blockbuster, as you say, lovefilm, google play, itunes, amazon etc.

online shops are booming.

You should see how my town centre has been slowly closing down, it needs to be replaced with service type business or one's that don't compete with online markets. Restaurants, cloths stores, Cinemas etc Sad for the high street.
edit on 23-1-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

My town is exactly the same. Boarded up shops everywhere and many charity shops. On a weekend night you couldn't drive down the high street because of hundreds of people on nights out. Now its like a ghost town real sad to see.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

There is actually a demand returning for shops that have previously been victims of changing times on the highstreet. High quality Butchers and to a lesser degree Greengrocers are starting to come back into demand. I personally enjoy visiting my local butcher over getting meat from a supermarket chain, even if I have to pay slightly more.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
It's all rolled out to the people to shut up complaints however it is just more spin and tricks. Most of them will just accept it at face value and carry on as normal, feeling good about themselves. Remember the Government is not your friend nor are stats or polls. Not any of them reflect a realistic truth to the state of life.

Oh come on, are you one of these where if it is good news it is all lies and if it is bad news we are doomed?

These are statistics that are audited and verified by an independant agency to the government.

Not at all. However it remains to be seen if the number of unemployment continues to fall at a constant and steady state. Within the next 6 months about 400 people in the local area of my residence will be facing job losses. Now some of them will find new employment and some will struggle to do so. I have also taken notice of shops and businesses that have closed down over the the last three years in the local town and they number in the higher end of double digits.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Things might be looking good where you are but the new measures for benefits can only lead
to one thing,alot more crime,i live in an area with alot of unemployed,and i can say without a doubt
alot of those people won't hesitate to commit a crime to feed themselves.

you go ahead and believe the numbers,,would you like a box of sand to stick your head in while your at it??

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Even if these jobs aren't part-time as the government states (which itself is BS) they are mostly a non-liveable wage. People are so desperate theyre taking any job they can.

Also the uk govt has demonstrated repeatedly since this financial meltdown began that they get their facts wrong, make inaccurate projections, and downright lie. We're heading for what they call a triple dip recession but really its much worse than a recession. The FTSE is massively overvalued. Theres no way it should be over 6000 rather it should be around 3500.
edit on 23-1-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ramarevealed

If there is no inbetween what is a person who has had benefits stopped and is out of work and not ill called?Cameron classes them as employed.Take a look around at how many jobs go each day?Lloyds just announced mass layoffs straight after the muppets question time and the employment figures were released.

Hadn't heard about more lay offs at lloyds bank. What fantastic news!

Every banker that has to sign on is a joyous occasion. ANYONE working for the banks is part of the problem and therefore the enemy

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
When are these figures for exactly because if its up to for example the end of November then the new jobs are probably temporary Christmas jobs with crap pay.For example Royal Mail alone took on forty thousand Christmas casuals at £6.50 an hour for four weeks.ComeChristmas eve all these people are back on the dole.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

I think the figures are up to nov 2012?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
To be honest the stats are a total lie.

Our economy is done, and its only getting worse, sorry but thats how it is.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Ever consider more people are in employment because now more people in the family are HAVING to working? You aren't recovering you are just living the way Americans have for the last 10 years. You are having more people working lower paying jobs. Both parents working, etc.

There is no upswing to this collapsing international economy for a long time. You will see. The US bailouts made things worse for all western economies, and it's not over.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I wouldn't be counting any chickens. There will be much more devaluation before we are through. Wait until Japan blows which might not be long now.

You may be working (if your lucky) but you'll be working much harder, for much longer, for less purchasing power.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Utter Tosh...The Daily Mail...Pffft.
Just the government massaging the figures again...here's how it works.

Workfare, heard of this program, it;s when the DWP send you to a unpaid work placement for 4-6 weeks. Once on the scheme you are not counted as unemployed..

Routes to work.....it's another program from the DWP..they assign you to a sort of "Job Club" remember them???? Basically they last two years once you are assigned to one....once again.. you are are not counted as unemployed..
People on Unemployment Benefit, jumping from JSA to ESA...once on ESA you are not counted as unemployed...
16-18 year olds are not counted....and how many 16-18 years do we know cant find work..??

Starting to get the picture...

I'll keep the best one for last...but defo not least
People are being Sanctioned left right and Center...By sanction i mean having their benefits stopped for anything from 4 weeks first offence to 3 years for a third and final offence...these people are not employed..they have been removed from the system....
In 2011 over 500,000 sanctions were handed out the figures are increasing by the day...it's so easy for the government to manipulate the figures, but it needs a Rag like the Daily mail and and asswipe like Murdoch to run with it even though they know it's utter BS...

Have a Look on Johnny's site for all you need to know about what this Evil Governments Plans for the Sick and disabled, the Poor, The Old and the Unemployed....and once they are finished with them...You will all be next on the hit list.....Nazis State.....lets learn from 30's Germany....and fight them before they even get off the ground.

johnnyvoid.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Instead of quoting those Tory Rags, you need to see what is happening in the "Real World" The West Midlands is the UK's Industrial Heartland, and unemployment is going UP month upon month.

www.itv.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Hahahaha, Printing money and creating inflation is not recovering. It’s the equivalent of pounding 10 cups of coffee and having an energy spike, only to crash 4 hours later and passout.

b...b...but mr cameron said there's hardly any inflation, he wouldn't lie now would he?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join