It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious cave found in Ecuador

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Awesome thread!

Hope to hear more about this...could it possibly have been made by a fertility cult?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Haha, I've seen picture that are quite similar in other ancient cultures and the professionals claim it is a picture of descent into hades/hell.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Yes we could go round and around on this one simply because if an Underworld Goddess had sexual attributes and birth associations then she was going to be represented in such a way as to make the point on both counts.

Here's a great leap forward though, as i've suggested that to the Egyptians of the Middle Kingdom the Canis Major constellation took on the attributes of this most ancient of Deities as personified by Isis, but they played down the sexual aspects and emphasized the mystical, to the extent that the splayed arms and legs transformed into wings...that's magic for you.

On a related note, i'm dissapointed that nobody ever enquires as to the reality of a spiritual phenomena that has transpired on a global scale for 30,000 years

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
the splayed arms and legs transformed into wings...that's magic for you.

I'm totally diggin' that angle. Yes, legs = magic wings.

On a related note, i'm dissapointed that nobody ever enquires as to the reality of a spiritual phenomena that has transpired on a global scale for 30,000 years

Perhaps it is because those of whom follow your threads are not wont to divert the discussion of your topics which are typically based on a very much appreciated and respected logistical and observational perspective, into the abyss of the personally subjective?

All spiritual phenomena is subjective to the percipient. I know some spiritual Truths. But those same Truths are perceived by many on ATS as absurd and nonsensical lies. Which of us is walking in discernment? Me or them?
That can only be discussed properly in the Religion and Theology Forum

I see no reason why some of your findings could not be discussed there. But I feel compelled to forewarn you my brother, hold on to your peace and walk with thick skin. The Religion forum of ATS has plenty of room for the ignorant, self-righteous, misguided and slightly insane, but it most certainly has no room for the timid or meek.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

At some point the next great leap forward in religion and spirituality will present itself, i don't think there'll be much discussion involved, which is why i'm ever disinclined to engage in debate within the current paradigms.

The ding dong head on confrontational polemics therefore aren't for me, but it's more what i cause to be manifest from behind that should be questioned, restoration of the past, gatherings in the gloom and all that... it would be irresponsible of me not to mention this with regards to the potentiality of the archetype involved here.

In short, i've met her and she should come with a health warning, but best to leave it there...

edit on 26-1-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

At some point the next great leap forward in religion and spirituality will present itself,

Yes, and I am inclined to speculate that it will be sooner rather than later.
However, nihil novi sub sole-- what has been will be again, what has been done will be done again, just with updated packaging.

i don't think there'll be much discussion involved, which is why i'm ever disinclined to engage in debate within the current paradigms.

I tend to agree. I think we will have reached the crescendo, in which we will discover we have simply completed a circle with our destination simply being the beginning of our journey which brought us to that destination. I fear many will not be able to accept that reality, and even then, those that can must still face the reckoning of humility in comprehending the idea-becoming-reality of something much bigger and profound than themselves. An attribute utterly foreign to most of our current population.
But, do not carelessly disregard current paradigms as mere distraction, for they serve a significant purpose. We are all on this journey together.

The ding dong head on confrontational polemics therefore aren't for me, but it's more what i cause to be manifest from behind that should be questioned, restoration of the past, gatherings in the gloom and all that... it would be irresponsible of me not to mention this with regards to the potentiality of the archetype involved here.

The polemics will always be confrontational, as the very fabric and purpose of creation are polarities in and of themselves.

In short, i've met her and she should come with a health warning, but best to leave it there...

I've been told similar by others. While I am not of that generational seed, so to speak, I am not so ignorant as to lend no acknowledgement to the degree of influence apportioned unto it.
Because our existence is flawed, truth is allowed to present itself in many forms, all of which possessing some degree or another of Infinite Truth. It is up to us to discern the true diamonds from among all the shiny glass.
Choose wisely, Brother.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Sadly (and based on my experience as an anthropologist who studies rock art sites) this is an older site that's been defaced in modern times.

You can clearly see chiseling marks around some of the figures. I believe the original art is from the Yola culture (it roughly matches the style and themes), though one (undefaced) panel appears to be possibly Incan.

(I will put a short set of notes and links in the thread on tonight's ATS Live show, since we'll be discussing it briefly.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

The only mention of a Yola culture i can find relates to Nigeria....?

I need to identify which particular culture made these, and then i'd put a name to those who carved the caves.

But their museum website isn't being helpful

landofwinds.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

I've been told similar by others. While I am not of that generational seed, so to speak, I am not so ignorant as to lend no acknowledgement to the degree of influence apportioned unto it.

.....TT___TT.....

I tried to follow, but got lost in teh ambiguous esoterica...... (" ._.)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Could this be part of the Tayos Cave system in Ecuador, They are finding real cool items there.
The Metal Library?

were them artifacts hoax'd? Im trying to find out now..
edit on 1-2-2013 by SunLife because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join