It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious cave found in Ecuador

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Most neolithic peoples have sacred places for men and women.
I think the figures here depict birthing.
This is a sacred place for women where they would have been initiated into womanhood,
perpared for partnership ritual and giving birth.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It aint that mysterious!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
They sure did love to carve and paint scenes of them dancing and enjoying themselves.

Cool

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
Thanks for the interest and kind comments, there are probably more 'ancient alien' types in these caves than the rest of the world put together...an amazing place.

This one looks like a person or diety in a building/temple similar to Hindu reliefs.
It seams to have a floor, support pillars both sides and a shaped roof.

If so, this would prove that people were building structures at the time.
But it could also be a birth, with the shaped roof being the girly bits.
Depends on interpretation.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
The fertility Goddess of this type was based upon Canis Major, in her relationship to the place of first creation generally located as within the Orion nebula, and also generally associated with a bird God, in the Americas the condor for example, in the Near East the Falcon, a male Deity of procreation.

Kind of off-topic: Have you, or anyone else here ever heard of "The Snake (China) and the Bear (Russia) fight against The Eagle (America)."??? (It's something along those lines) Maybe from the Bible?

Cool thread as always.

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
reply to post by Mugen

not from the bible....interesting to me though, I'm a prophecy student of 50 years....we search for that very word group.!

I suspect Mugen was thinking of the lion with the wings of an eagle, the bear, and the seven headed leopard of Daniel 7. Some have associated the lion with Britain, the eagle wings with the U.S., the bear with Russia, and the leopard with China.

In any case, I'm sure this thread will make for a very interesting read, thanks for posting!
edit on 1/23/2013 by CitizenJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Phenomenal. You and Slayer are amazing for bringing such finds to the forefront! S&F

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Picture #14 really gives me pause. Could it indicate Hybrid populations, and 'Crafts' and perhaps genetic manipulation? Look closely and ponder just what all the pictures are. Amazing

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

its a chicken 8op

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

awesome , love old societies. are the caves in the back of this place deeper or just these small rooms off the back?

could they have been like menstruation rooms or "huts" still used in some cultures today to sepperate the woman who are menstruating from the population?

also where is this Chirije place. im searching for images of the caves all i get is some tiki hut looking things, pictures of a beach, a hotel, and some falling down type building lol.

reg

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
I like picture 7, which obviously depicts Ecuadoreans having a rave of some sort. There is even a DJ's rostrum up in the top right corner behind the dancers.

I think your not far off with your assumption mate, perhaps some kind of ritual dance?? The thing it reminded me of is the dance that the New Zealand rugby squad perform before each match (the name of which escapes me right now).

Very interesting though and a great find OP.

reg

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I love this kind of stuff. Thanks to the OP for putting this together. I still can't help but thinks
sometimes though that most of these petraglyphs are children or artists passing time.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It is all of the simularities that get me, there are wall carvings on all corners of the earth, some strikingly similar. strange looking people or creatures that are very different from the others on the same wall. Some of these carvings required a ladder type or platform to reach, and of course it seems that similar tools were used for these no matter which continent you are on. It just points toward a somewhat mobile and connected ancient earth.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Aaaah, ordinary human desire. How refreshing.

"wagon wheel ruts"

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Excellent post! Very exciting indeed

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Isnt there an old mayan prophecy about the mountain will tell....maybe they were talking about whats inside of a mountains cave or something ...someone on here probably remembers the link to the prophecy!! hopefully this cave is where the info is stored!!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Nice post great work, the bird race is called the carians.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Strange.....I'm not saying it was aliens but....

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
great find looks lie aliens in pictures..

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Great Op! It's posts like this that give me visions of myself in a leather jacket and fedora, running around through the jungle finding this kind of stuff.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

An entertaining monologue thanks for the amusement. Of course you're absolutely right and it's all about sex and pro-creation, but i would insist on as in the Heavens, so upon the Earth...that the Goddess had an astral form.

reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Wow thanks for that...

reply to post by masta12d

I don't know what a philosoraptor is so couldn't say one way or another, position wise it's were we'd have the constellation Lepus...

reply to post by LeLeu

There hasn't been any sort of dig carried out there yet or description of artifacts found so i can't say for certain, but i'd have thought it a communal burial site, though i haven't seen any bones, so you could be right, it's unclear yet.

reply to post by ~widowmaker~

They haven't been officialy related to any location yet, Chirije is just educated guesswork based on the source article. I think it's a burial cave, there are reports of others, which would be expected as different families/clans would tend to have their own caves.

The extent of them though is still pretty much an unknown, i think they served the coastal town over a very long period, Chirije has at least a 4,000 year history

Artifacts from Chirije are strewn all over the mud flats when the tide is out.

reply to post by reeveer0001

If you spent the night there you might change your mind....just saying.

Thaks to everyone for the replies and appreciation...

edit on 24-1-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join