It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a gun owning patriot, ask me any questions you wish

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Greetings

As the gun control debates/threads continue here on ATS, I can not help but notice what a heated topic it is on both sides..many people have the wrong idea about gun owners, as we have all been painted with the crazy gun nut brush....

So In effort to help understanding, I would like to make myself available to you, especially those that don't live in the U.S to understand the "gun culture" a bit better....I am not trying to change your mind, nor will you be able to change mind....I am simply giving you the chance to get inside the head of an average gun owning patriotic American..

So if you have a question or comment...ask away.....try not to ask too many questions in one post...will make it easier to reply too..

Also try to be at least somewhat respectful, I have thick skin, but I have no need to deal with a bunch of insults..

"Mods I tried to place this in the right forum..feel free to move if needed"

Sooo with that said....Praise the lord and pass the ammo as they say....

Ready when you are..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
See any ammo at Walmart today?? Mine is bone dry. Gotta get it when it's available now.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
When are you going to go on a killing rampage with your evil guns?

Oh wait that only happens in rare instances when people with mental disorders snap and usually use a gun that isn't even legally theirs in the first place...

When will your gun sprout legs and kill someone because we all know that gun kill people..

Oh wait guns don't kill people they are a tool that must have someone to control them...

When will you use your guns to kill innocent people all over the world, men/women/children, invade them and steal their land?

Oh wait Real Americans don't do that and don't back that, only the corrupt government does things like that, and they usually use predator drones and bombs it seems to be cheaper and easier then using guns.

Hmm IDK I guess I have no questions then, Keep on keeping on

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

What makes you a patriot?

Can someone who is pro-gun control also be a patriot? If not, why?

Also,

As a patriot, do you support and respect the leader of our country, President Barack Obama?
edit on 21-1-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrodude

Pretty much gone here.....they have a few boxes of 30/30 and some. 22 shotshells....but thats about it...
Ammo in this area has just about dried up....and what is here has tripled in price.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
How do I get the "crazy paint" out of my ears???

link   

Do you like to be classed the same as the citizens of Libya, who have to keep guns in their homes?

link   
Why call yourself a patriot? What has that got to with anything? I am a gun owner and a vet but, I have no need to label myself a patriot because the only reason one would do that is so they can declare other Americans as not patriots. I do have a question. As a gun owner how do feel about all the idiots that shoot each other and the nut bags claiming they need guns to fight the UN/Government/NWO etc. making legit every day gun owners look like crazy people who can not follow basic safety procedures?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

I am a patriot, as in I love my country...I have served my country and community....I believe in what my country is founded upon to the best of my understanding....I have sworn to defend those ideals

You do not have to own a gun to be a patriot, that is your right as it is my right to own one..

I Support the office of president...no matter the man (or woman) holding that office....however I also feel that the
Person holding that office, does so with the trust of We the people.....violate that trust and you should not hold that office.....we Consent to be governed....we can revoke that consent if needed..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Good luck with that....I have yet to find anything that will remove it..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Do you like to be classed the same as the citizens of Libya, who have to keep guns in their homes?

Not sure I follow you here....but basicly I do not worry alot about how I am classed....if you can explain what you mean just a bit more..then I maybe able to comment better

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Well said, the beauty of america is that all the nuts are protected, personally as a former vet, LEO, i DO NOT SEE THE NEED TO HAVE 30 ROUND MAGAZINES, but the government should not tell us what we can and cannot have, the right to bear arms should be free of infringement. Let's face the hard truths, liberalism has destroyed american morality, drug laws only create more crime, more cops, more bodies and more thugs that can't hit what their shooting at, they cleaned out the mental facilities ( anybody think Obamacare) will help the thousands of mentally ill on the street.

I do not need thirty round clips, I can do just fine with the 9 rounds I have, and the spare in belt. I just do not want this government to impede or erode my freedoms anymore than they have. I bled, my friends died we paid the price. Our system isn't perfect but I wouldn't want any other way.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You do not have to own a gun to be a patriot, that is your right as it is my right to own one

But that is not what I asked.

Can I be a patriot and be pro GUN CONTROL in your opinion? Can someone who thinks we need more regulations and even banning of certain weapons be a "patriot" in your opinion?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I do have 5 questions and I am going to ask them all in this reply.

What prompted you to become a gun owner?

Did you go to a firing range and learn how to shoot?

Are you licensed to carry your guns concealed and open?

Do you keep your guns locked up in a safe place where others cannot get to them?

Does your family agree with your decision to be a gun owner?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Why call yourself a patriot? What has that got to with anything? I am a gun owner and a vet but, I have no need to label myself a patriot because the only reason one would do that is so they can declare other Americans as not patriots. I do have a question. As a gun owner how do feel about all the idiots that shoot each other and the nut bags claiming they need guns to fight the UN/Government/NWO etc. making legit every day gun owners look like crazy people who can not follow basic safety procedures?

I call myself that because...this country is something I am willing to fight and die for...I too am a vet...but for me my oath of enlistment did not expire when I discharged.. I do not look down on those that do not share my feelings...

i feel no different towards those idiots that shoot and murder with guns, than I do to those that kill with baseball bats, knives, cars, truckload of explosives etc...
What I do blame is the media and the spin that stories get...making gun owners all look like nuts....man has been killing man since forever...but now every story with a gun on it is splashed all over the news with a one sided slant..

I feel every gun owner should practice good safety skills, but there are always those that don't....just like there are always those parents that leave kids in hot cars etc..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy

Not sure I follow you here....but basicly I do not worry alot about how I am classed....if you can explain what you mean just a bit more..then I maybe able to comment better

The people of Libya believe it is their right to own weapons. Just as most Americans do:-

feb17.info...

The difference is Libya is a Third World Country. Isn't this classing America in the same bracket?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I always wondered what opinion responsible gun owners have of those who quote things like being prepared for the 'zombie apocalypse' as reasons for being heavily armed. I would have taken little notice if it was an isolated comment but it seems to come up too regularly to be ignored.

Is it some sort of inside joke or are citizens actually taking this as a serious possibility?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Can I be a patriot and be pro GUN CONTROL in your opinion? Can someone who thinks we need more regulations and even banning of certain weapons be a "patriot" in your opinion?

I peronally do not..at least in this way...I feel you have the right to your point of view....and I will fight and defend your right to that view...firearms are a tool...A tool that is used to defend your rights...I believe that Shall not be infringed means just that..there are those that enjoy the freedoms of those rights...and those that will fight to defend them

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

What prompted you to become a gun owner?

Did you go to a firing range and learn how to shoot?

Are you licensed to carry your guns concealed and open?

Do you keep your guns locked up in a safe place where others cannot get to them?

Does your family agree with your decision to be a gun owner?

I recieved my first gun at the age of 12 as a gift

I have gone to many ranges, as well as when in military and law enforcement...one should always practice your skills

I am licensed to carry

My weapons are always secured or on my person

And my family agrees and are gun owners as well....in fact my 70 year ol mother just got her license

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The difference is Libya is a Third World Country. Isn't this classing America in the same bracket?

No I do not feel that private gun ownership makes one a third world country in the least..

<<   2 >>

join