It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle / Kite Shaped UFO Photographed from the Moon [ NASA ]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

A triangle / Kite shaped UFO is seen in a NASA photograph captured from the surface of the Moon . When you zoom in around right end , you can clearly see the object [ with three blue lights at its bottom ]
As usual , NASA forgot to delete / photoshop this photograph too

What is your thought regarding the unknown object in the photograph ?

ORIGINAL IMAGE [ NASA ] :

SOURCE

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
uh... swamp gas?

Seriously, no idea. I'm interested to hear other people's take on this one... because I have no idea what that is - if in fact there is a valid non-ET explanation.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Equiinox

Awesome find OP. The object in question is very compelling. S+F
Shaade

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

So this image pretty much explains what it is...

The triangle is 3 squares of pixels, they match in size to the bluish ones nearby, also parallel and perpendicular to them.

Another miss dude.

edit on 21/1/13 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equiinox
What is your thought regarding the unknown object in the photograph ?

Given that it was taken from INSIDE the LM looking out through the window, it cant be discounted as a reflection of something inside.
Especially since that frame was taken as a series of shots panning around the horizon, and whatever supposed UFO doesnt appear in any other pics, even such as 22471 looking in the same direction.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Looks very interesting indeed. Triangular also. Is it ours or????

Probably being flown by our off world pilots - noted by Mckinnon

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Flood light still a little warm after not been turned off to long?

Nice find, Im sure someone genius here will come up with the answer, all of life's great mysteries are solved here..right?
edit on 21-1-2013 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Please view the original image from NASA
The object is right there on the right end [ Please zoom in a little ]
Thanx to everyone for your comments

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Looking at the original picture, you can also see a faint red light as well just off center of the photo, to me it most likely instrument led reflections. Nice catch but.

edit on 21-1-2013 by blackspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

those are the production lights emanating from a Hollywood style production lamp

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Since Chinese haven’t had the advanced technologies to go beyond earth back in time when image was taken, then I’ll suspect that it was “Russian lantern”.

Joke aside; as one of the posters wrote earlier “it could be reflections of the LM’s instruments lights on the cabin’s window”.

Why are no visible stars but those 3 lights?

edit on 21-1-2013 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia

when its daylight on the moon, its just the same brightness as daylight here on earth, if not brighter...can you see stars during the day on earth.? Maybe a couple, but their planets.

goto the dark side of moon, yes you'll see stars.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Nice colours for Black and White film

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Did you see them

Magazine 147/A is listed as having color film.

Other sites on the net list it as being SO-368 film, by Kodak.

edit on 21-1-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Did you see them

Magazine 147/A is listed as having color film.

Other sites on the net list it as being SO-368 film, by Kodak.

edit on 21-1-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Nice find - looks like they leave streaks some what - could they be 3 small metorites about to make impact ?
edit on 21-1-2013 by Did you see them because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2013 by Did you see them because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I don't know what the three dots are, but the squares associated with them are probably just a JPEG compression artifact from the scan -- what's called a 'blocking artifact".

Contrasting colors like that against a homogeneous field of color (the dots against the black sky) will create artifacts of 8x8 blocks of pixels. If you look at the squares, you can see they are made up of three 8x8 blocks of pixels.

This artifact occurs due to JPEG compression, When the JPEG compression algorithm attempts to compress a file, it interpolates ("guesses") at the color of pixels based on that pixel and the neighboring pixels. It does this interpolation in 8x8 blocks of pixels.

When a homogeneous filed of colored pixels (the black sky) has a contrasting pixel interrupting that homogenous filed (the dots), the JPEG algorithm gets a bit confused, resulting in this "Blocking artifact".

...As for the dots themselves, they could be anything from specs of the original film emulsion, to a reflection when the image was taken, to debris on the scan, to stars, to flying craft in the sky.

edit on 1/21/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

So this image pretty much explains what it is...

The triangle is 3 squares of pixels, they match in size to the bluish ones nearby, also parallel and perpendicular to them.

Another miss dude.

edit on 21/1/13 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Making up facts to fit a theory leaves only THAT...a theory! If any dude 'missed' it was you!
Moving on................

OP, it's a spectacular image regardless of what it is. My concern is, as our technology improves (hence; pictures become clearer like this one) and space becomes busier (China, India etc), how often will NASA pass them off as someone else's satellite?

If online...let ATS resident NASA-debunker have-at-it. He never NOT knows.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Given that it was taken from INSIDE the LM looking out through the window, it cant be discounted as a reflection of something inside.
Especially since that frame was taken as a series of shots panning around the horizon, and whatever supposed UFO doesnt appear in any other pics, even such as 22471 looking in the same direction.

If that was the case, why is it we have to zoom in to see it? How small is this Lunar Module anyway?
Nah.....doesn't make thorough sense, ya know?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Not sure why people are saying that

A reflection doesn't change size unless it's concave or convex and I am assuming most, if not all, space-craft (rockets, satellites, modules etc) windows are flat. Maybe I'm wrong.

So to me, this is what a reflection from an instrument panel should mimic. Notice how we don't have to zoom in to see.

I may be totally incorrect and if so, would someone kindly show me? Thanks

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join