It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strangest action thing I've ever seen the Sun do.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Because it is a good quality camera and it should not be doing this, also my question to you, in the video, the house is blocking the suns main glare, and yet this is still there. This is shot under the poarch level and the sun is over the roof level. I checked it several times to be sure. The only place to see the main sun is at the bottom of the railings of the steps, not high like this is. Now I am not trying to give a problem but it does raise a question, as to why and what it is. I hope you can now see why the frustration. I only wish you could see the crystal clear video I do off the moniter instead of the dubbed VHS to DVD copy which carries a lose of quality with it. I have also changed out cameras 3 different times to see if the cameras were bad, and all 3 pick up the same.
edit on 18-1-2013 by candlelight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by candlelight

A good quality camera WILL do that...on purpose.

It shuts down the overloaded pixels in order to prevent damage to the camera. Videoing something as bright as the Sun can damage the camera's CCD.

And the porch is not blocking the main part of the actual Sun in your video. The actual Sun itself looks to be right where the black dot is.

edit on 1/18/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Ok whatever, It is not the poarch blocking the main brightness of the sun but the roof of the house itself and the poarch is a good 15 feet below that. And om top of that the sun is higher then the roof of the house. so you do the math so to speak. But you will see as you will no matter what I have to say, so why even take any further time explaining. You have already made up your mind, but you are not here to see so it is only a guesstimate theory on your part as to the trajectory of the sun at this point. So our best bet is to agree to disagree and leave it at that. This way maybe we will have no hard feelings towards each other. I do respect you opinion, but I do also ask you to respect mine as well. This is a right we both have in any given debate. Right, wrong, good, or bad, there is another video coming soon. I willhave to wait until I can afford to get the bubbing done and the trip charge, since I am on a fixed income here, but you will hopefully see it as soon as possible. This one was shot yesterday. and it shows it appearing and then disappearing, and then reappearing, but everytime the purple smoke is seen right before this happens. The rest is normal until 3:10 when it does it again and right before it disappears the purple smoke appears again. So this one is strange in itself. So all I ask is for you to have a bit of patience and wait, you will see it when it is posted. To give you credit where credit is due, yesterday the sun was being seen by the camera, but that still does not explain what happened as you will see when you watch this one.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Also today is a cloudless crystal clear sky and I will be recording again, just maybe it will show even more, who knows.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by candlelight

Ok whatever, It is not the poarch blocking the main brightness of the sun but the roof of the house itself and the poarch is a good 15 feet below that. And om top of that the sun is higher then the roof of the house. so you do the math so to speak. But you will see as you will no matter what I have to say, so why even take any further time explaining....

Well now I'm confused. If you weren't saying that the porch was blocking the Sun in your video, then what?

Are you saying that there was glare that could be seen in front of the house and porch, and you can't figure out why THAT glare was there? The reason for that is that glare is caused by the camera lens. The glare isn't really a "something" that is oozing from the sun.

...or am I still not understanding what glare you are talking about?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I maybe out of the topic,but i remember in younger years that ,the christians churches had enormous gatherings in Medugorje or Medugorie (last time called Yugoslavia)were the sun was 'Dancing' and in different positions.
edit on 18-1-2013 by rocha123 because: spelling

edit on 18-1-2013 by rocha123 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cantsee4looking
explanations????
wtf....
the man is a loony tune....
the sun is moving????
my thoughts?........
nutter.

So you think the Sun is stationary?

Okey dokey captain pokey.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
THE most annoying and ridiculous video of 2013 so far.

This video has put me in a bad mood.

Sorry mate.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by NewThor7

Thank you, Wolverine!

All I was looking for was an answer!
For I'd never seen anything like that,
in alllllll my time voyeristiquely staring at the sun
and her cameras.

Yeah, but didn't you consider that it was simply the spacecraft/camera that moved, rather than the Sun?

I suppose it's "within the realm of possibility" (in the strictest sense of that term) that a star would jump around around like that, but isn't it almost infinitely more likely that the camera simply moved? Why wasn't that something you considered?

If you watch the whole video I cover....

A) The Sun moved at a strange pace and angle.
B) An object hits and moves the camera.
C) The people running the camera move it. (The camera man got lazy?)

So I was kind of right. The "Camera Man" did move it, but not because he was lazy.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
If he put 1% of the effort that he put into the video toward learning what he's talking about, he'd be a reputable guy.

Thank you for the backhanded compliment, friend.
!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by dainoyfb
If he put 1% of the effort that he put into the video toward learning what he's talking about, he'd be a reputable guy.

Yeah -- but then he wouldn't make the money from the advertisements he attaches to his disinformation videos.

Do you know what disinformation is, my brother?

If I make a video stating the entire time that "I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS" it can't be disinformation.

I used the RAW data from Nasa et al and then gave a narrative saying I don't know what this is and take some pretty silly guesses at it. So how is that disinformation? Me thinks you like pooping on people's birthday cake.

If it makes you happy, fine. sure. cool.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Well the theory about the purple smoke has just got blown out of the water, The video I posted had it, the one yesterday had it, but the one today has no sign of it anywhere. It would stand to reason if it was a problem with the camera it would do it all the time, not just on two videos, and yes I have explained several times the house was blocking the sun. Even in the description in part one of the the posted video. Trying to twist my words won`t work here either. And yes, I have yesterdays as well as most of todays recorded before I ran out of tape.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NewThor7

Don't you think it would have been easier to go to the SDO website to see what's up, rather than produce and post a video about it on your advertisement-laden YouTube channel?

I have nothing against the free-enterprise system, and I don't mind adding to the "hit count" of YouTube channels with advertising if the video is worthwhile. If they are providing interesting videos, then good for them; I'd be happy about adding to their hit count.

...but in the case of your video, it was a big waste to click on that link. It would seem much more likely that the camera was moving rather than the Sun jumping around, and your first course of action logically would have been to check out the SDO site to look for an explanation for the movement of the spacecraft (and that explanation was one click away from the front page).

It just seems odd to me that you thought the best way to answer your question was to make a video and post it on Youtube, and say things on that video that make it seem as if it was a complete mystery as to how the Sun could be jumping around like that.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Sorry to say it but it is looking more and more like there is something between us and the sun, not a camera problem as you have been saying. It is just to clear today, and I am going with my gut on this one. So go ahead and throw all your science at me all you want, something is off here and it is not me.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

There is no advertisement on my channel, check for yourself: www.youtube.com... I am not getting paid by anyone for anything.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

All this is doing is costing me money everytime I have to drive the hour to get the tape dubbed and pay for the DVD, last talley $25.00 a pop, and it is a fixed position camera. Which I have told you already, isn`t it about time to give it a rest.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Just because something does not make sense to you does not mean it is not so, nor does it give you the right to go hater on that person. No ones done you wrong, except blown your theory out of the water on the smoke. Now grow up and live with it. I am not trying for a head count on the tube, or anything else that you are implying, I am just trying to show an unusual thing I am seeing here. If you don`t like it don`t read it.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Very interesting video. I would love to know what is really going on.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by candlelight

Sorry to say it but it is looking more and more like there is something between us and the sun
There are. Sometimes the Moon. Sometimes Venus. Sometimes Mercury. But none of those are appearing in your video.

not a camera problem as you have been saying
Who said anything about a camera problem? It's what cameras do.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.flickr.com...
edit on 1/18/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWitch2002

Very interesting video. I would love to know what is really going on.

From the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) Website (SDO is the spacecraft that took the pictures):

SDO Maneuvers for Early 2013 - Wed, 02 Jan

We have announced maneuvers and special operations for the first eight months of 2013
16-Jan-2013: EVE Cruciform
23-Jan-2013: EVE FOV & HMIAIA Flat Field
30-Jan-2013: Delta-H #13
17-Feb-2013: Handover Season Begins
03-Mar-2013: Eclipse Season Begins
07-Mar-2013: Solar RFI (~418 seconds)
08-Mar-2013: Solar RFI (~440 seconds)
20-Mar-2013: Station Keeping Maneuver #06
25-Mar-2013: Eclipse Season Ends
10-May-2013: Handover Season Ends
06-Aug-2013: Lunar Transit (~76 minutes)
Each maneuver comes with a loss of solar pointing or interference with the radio downlink.
(color emphasis mine)

An EVE cruciform maneuver is a maintenance/calibration maneuver by which the spacecraft moves in a cross-like pattern.

Here is a description from a previous cruciform maneuver from last October:

Last Wednesday SDO performed an EVE Cruciform maneuver, where the spacecraft points up and down and then side to side. This allows the EVE scientist to track the calibration of the instrument and provide the accurate EUV spectral irradiances they are famous for.

So the spacecraft itself is moving -- pointing the camera up, down, left, and right. The Sun is not moving relative to the spacecraft.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join