It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, and I also have a little rant...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Hi all,

I like many others have lurked and followed this site for a long time.... the other day I thought "what the hell" and joined up and posted my first reply. I was so disappointed that my innocent reply to a thread re. a Sandy Hook you tube video gone viral caused the opening poster to make a snide and quite rude comment at my expense.

What is quite worrying about this, is that a lot of members here are desperate for change and are desperately hoping the bank's and NWO (so to speak) will crumble and hopefully we will be heading towards a happier, fairer and more just world... yet they still feel it is OK to be incredibly rude and insulting to people that innocently comment (which they obviously want or they wouldn't post in the first place).

We all know governments, banks and big corporations are poisoning us, stealing our money and simply using us as slaves. My question is how does being rude, hurting others feelings and just plain acting like [Snipped] make you any better than the rest.

Shouldn't it simply be treat others the way you would like to be treated...?

The people that are generally polite and treat people nicely that read this, please note this is not in anyway directed at you.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
And I do realise people are paid to derail threads and insult people, but this person appeared to be a genuine member.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Hi and welcome

I don't think the introduction thread is the place for posting a rant...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by meekybee
Hi all,

I like many others have lurked and followed this site for a long time.... the other day I thought "what the hell" and joined up and posted my first reply. I was so disappointed that my innocent reply to a thread re. a Sandy Hook you tube video gone viral caused the opening poster to make a snide and quite rude comment at my expense.

What is quite worrying about this, is that a lot of members here are desperate for change and are desperately hoping the bank's and NWO (so to speak) will crumble and hopefully we will be heading towards a happier, fairer and more just world... yet they still feel it is OK to be incredibly rude and insulting to people that innocently comment (which they obviously want or they wouldn't post in the first place).

We all know governments, banks and big corporations are poisoning us, stealing our money and simply using us as slaves. My question is how does being rude, hurting others feelings and just plain acting like a**holes make you any better than the rest.

Shouldn't it simply be treat others the way you would like to be treated...?

The people that are generally polite and treat people nicely that read this, please note this is not in anyway directed at you.

Greetings Meek and welcome to ATS, im a fairly new member myself after having tiptoed around the corridors of this site for a couple of years now.

Such a shame that you got blasted by snide poster(s)

I personally believe (and i think many others throughout our community share the same feeling), that thare are WAY TOO many gun threads appearing on this site which cause people to get quite emotional and type out replies out without giving much thought and respect to other ATS members. Guess what, i am going to get flamed for typing that!

Such a shame that the site owner can't create a "special" GUN site on the side of ATS so that all of us international members don't get so spammed out and fed up. Imagine, search tool finds the Keyword GUN and automatically redirects to the gun site... is this possible?

There is so much to read, share and learn here on ATS but unfortunately, those of us who are interested in other current events are being shoved to the side by more radical issues (GUNS), that could be discussed and shared elsewhere.... I haven't taken the time to count exactly how many gun posts are actually on ATS at the moment (or related to shooting incidents), i believe someone ranted about this the other day and made a rough count but cannot find the post but things are starting to look absurd! (Not hearing much from the site owner or Mods cocerning this issue at the moments.

We other users respects Pro and anti gun views but please have a little respect for us to??

Kindest respects and rant over

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

Probably not, but I can't post anywhere else.... maybe I'll come off as being rude, but the thread I initially posted in was deleted, so I never had a chance to reply.

Thanks for the welcome

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I think people just type without thinking sometimes. Or they don't feel it was meant to be offensive. Or they just don't give a crap. *lol* I used to take it personally when someone posted negatively towards my thoughts, but then I realized, this is a public forum and if I post my thoughts for the world to see then its likely someone won't agree with me.

Welcome to ATS.
It was mighty brave of you to pick a Sandy Hook thread as one of your first replies. You where kinda asking for trouble just by stepping into it....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by meekybee

Did the Mods not send you a U2U message to say why it was deleted? If not, you could ask them.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Hi all,

This struggle is one that I have in my mind constantly.

This struggle is this single question: If I try to help the world through utilizing the cumulative information I have obtained, what good is it when I don't even know how to truly and wholly interact with other people, especially those with differing opinions, in a positive manner? The line between assertiveness and aggression gets crossed many times, even by people that mean well. I am not excluded from this described group of people that cross that fine line.

Long story short, I've come to the conclusion that no matter how much information you acquired, it is a vain attempt to ascertain truth if one forgets the simplicity of loving others.

TLDR; It would be wise to think before one posts. Thankfully, even pens have erasers now, although the quality of ink has decreased...

Welcome to ATS.
edit on 18-1-2013 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Hey, I completely agree with you on this "Too many gun threads" lately. I am Canadian and being that I grew up without guns anywhere near me, I don't really see the need to have "gun issues" being discussed to death on this site. If I want to debate gun control and read about gun rights then I would go to a gun site, right.
Glad to see there are other people who are annoyed with this too. Its like the election all over again but instead of dems vs repubs, its guns vs no guns.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Hi Rodinus,

Thanks for the support... I guess you just need to have a thick skin to hang here.

It's such a shame though. Like you said there is some really interesting stuff to read on this site, it's just ruined by the w***ers! Just like ebay was ruined by the cheap and nasty crap! Lol
You need to wade through that to get to the good stuff!

Meek

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

You will like it here once you get posting a bit, you have to make 20 posts before you can start a thread, even a rant.

The introduction is just about saying hello

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

It wasn't my thread, I'm just guessing it was deleted as many have been to not insult the victims... which is fair I guess, although there appears to be a bit of dodgeyness there.

My comment was actually only about a Facebook page for one of the little girls that was created before the actual shooting which I thought was pretty damning... the poster that replied said you can change the title of any page you've created which would explain the date discrepancy... I was grateful for the correction as I didn't realise that, but then she proceeded to tell everyone else that she hates it when people don't do their research... I have more interesting things to read then check out the ins and outs of Facebook before posting a two line comment to a post.

Isn't that the point of this place to discuss things and learn from each other?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Thats the thing, you posted your comment without researching it and people will flame on you for it. A lot of people here won't like it if you are posting without proof, you said you had better things to read, why not post something about them.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Rodinus

It wasn't my thread, I'm just guessing it was deleted as many have been to not insult the victims... which is fair I guess, although there appears to be a bit of dodgeyness there.

My comment was actually only about a Facebook page for one of the little girls that was created before the actual shooting which I thought was pretty damning... the poster that replied said you can change the title of any page you've created which would explain the date discrepancy... I was grateful for the correction as I didn't realise that, but then she proceeded to tell everyone else that she hates it when people don't do their research... I have more interesting things to read then check out the ins and outs of Facebook before posting a two line comment to a post.

Isn't that the point of this place to discuss things and learn from each other?

Hiya Meek,

Unfortunately you become a member after this message was sent U2U to all members concerning the Sandy Hook incident, this may explain why your thread was deleted :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Thanks for the welcome

I'm not saying I'm perfect, and unfortunately as you say things can be taken the wrong way with only the written word and no body language etc. But on the whole I really try not to offend people and unfortunately a lot of people don't really think that way which is sad...

I just hate the thought that people hide behind their computer screen and preach about how f***** up the world is, yet they can't critically look at their own behavior and work on it.

It's human nature I guess.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

Good point.

Although in saying that, no one can know everything about everything and you shouldn't be too scared to post just in case you get something wrong... like I said isn't that how we learn?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Really it was just an unfortunate set of events as to why it happened as the poster above posted the warning everyone got which you didn't know about and the fact that a lot of people are sick of innocent peoples names being dragged through the mud causing insult to people that have suffered enough already and the fact that you didn't know that facebook pages can be changed.

I'm sure it was just a little hiccup starting off and I'm almost certain that you will have a good time here in future.
edit on 18/1/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

My thoughts go along the same as Tods...

Just have a great time here

Kindest regards

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Thanks for all the advice guys

I read the links that you posted and realised it was pretty silly of me. To be honest I tend to only read the first couple of pages so probably never got far enough to see any of the really bad comments.

I have a little boy myself and can't imagine what the parents would be going through... I guess they plan it that way so any one that questions anything comes off cruel and uncaring.

It is a pretty screwed up planet which we call home. things can only get better though.... Famous last words!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Rodinus

Hi Rodinus,

Thanks for the support... I guess you just need to have a thick skin to hang here.

It's such a shame though. Like you said there is some really interesting stuff to read on this site, it's just ruined by the w***ers! Just like ebay was ruined by the cheap and nasty crap! Lol
You need to wade through that to get to the good stuff!

Meek

Which reminds me, if you are looking for a cheap pair of hip length fishing waders to wade through everything have a quick look in E bay

Kindest respects

Rodinus

top topics

<<   2 >>

join