It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Paranormal Investigation team was interviewed on radio :)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Infrared, night vision, night shot... all you IR (infrared) light which the human eye can not pick up but looks just like you are using flashlights on the IR cameras which can pick up that wavelength of light.

Way cool, have some infared experience, its very different, takes a bit of getting used to.
So, this is infared video, awesome!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1

A little question here for you as I'm not really up to speed about these lights. My camcorder has a lot of settings on it and records to either a hard disk or flash drive, 60gb drive,
Anyway, one of those settings is a low light night mode and I also tried an experiment where I put a remote control in front of it and saw the light when I pressed it. So I take it that it can see with IR light?
Also, while I,was waiting for a reply, my wife and I are watching a movie on the tv and I happened to look down at my iPad when it started to change pages on here by itself and went to all the paranormal questions I have asked tonight by itself without me doing anything! Bit spooky that or what?

Most cameras can see into the infrared frequencies but that does not mean it has an infrared mode. These cameras have a better system. Look for "nightshot" on sony cameras or infrared on canons and phillips or 0 Lux on any of them.

Lux is the amount of light 1 candle puts out, so only cameras with 0 lux sensors will be able to see with IR illuminators, as they have IR capabilities, "low light" mode on camcorders is not the same... you should find the lux of the camera sensor buried somewhere in the manual or on the box.

I freak out electronics and people all the time, so I assign no meaning to it, unless, like our jail house case we just investigated, the EMF meeters are all going off, the camera batteries all go dead at once, and you catch EVP's at the same time... this happened last weekend... then you know you caught something!

I found the specs needed for this and this is what I have

Minimum Illumination
6 Lux (1/30 Low Light Mode), 2 Lux (Magic Pix)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

A little question here for you as I'm not really up to speed about these lights. My camcorder has a lot of settings on it and records to either a hard disk or flash drive, 60gb drive,
Anyway, one of those settings is a low light night mode and I also tried an experiment where I put a remote control in front of it and saw the light when I pressed it. So I take it that it can see with IR light?
Also, while I,was waiting for a reply, my wife and I are watching a movie on the tv and I happened to look down at my iPad when it started to change pages on here by itself and went to all the paranormal questions I have asked tonight by itself without me doing anything! Bit spooky that or what?

Most cameras can see into the infrared frequencies but that does not mean it has an infrared mode. These cameras have a better system. Look for "nightshot" on sony cameras or infrared on canons and phillips or 0 Lux on any of them.

Lux is the amount of light 1 candle puts out, so only cameras with 0 lux sensors will be able to see with IR illuminators, as they have IR capabilities, "low light" mode on camcorders is not the same... you should find the lux of the camera sensor buried somewhere in the manual or on the box.

I freak out electronics and people all the time, so I assign no meaning to it, unless, like our jail house case we just investigated, the EMF meeters are all going off, the camera batteries all go dead at once, and you catch EVP's at the same time... this happened last weekend... then you know you caught something!

My camera is a Panasonic SDR-H80 but will need to see if I can find the manual somewhere or on their website...

According to one review, it does not have night vision:

Low light level is good, but it isn't a night vision camera.

link

Here's a link to the manual: link

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

My camera is a Panasonic SDR-H80 but will need to see if I can find the manual somewhere or on their website...

link

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Infrared, night vision, night shot... all you IR (infrared) light which the human eye can not pick up but looks just like you are using flashlights on the IR cameras which can pick up that wavelength of light.

Way cool, have some infared experience, its very different, takes a bit of getting used to.
So, this is infared video, awesome!

It is HARD!!!! to walk around in complete darkness with only a tiny 3 inch (or smaller) screen to see by...

Maybe I should wear the equipment I make my son wear to skateboard, I'd look silly but hurt less...

Did i mention my head still hurts from hitting it on the jail cell entrance???

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

link

I found this on another site
Sensor Count 0

Both of your links are for the wrong model though...
edit on 17-1-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Sensor Count 0

I blame the bump on my head....

*mutters under breath about dumb fools walking around in crumbling jail cells at night with no light...*

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

It is HARD!!!! to walk around in complete darkness with only a tiny 3 inch (or smaller) screen to see by...

They make it look so easy in the adverts....dang them.

ouch, that sounds like it hurts.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Sensor Count 0

I blame the bump on my head....

*mutters under breath about dumb fools walking around in crumbling jail cells at night with no light...*

Possibly, possibly lol
I have emailed Panasonic about this and hopefully they will get back to me on this.
Don't want to buy one and find it can't see by using it.
Anyway, I'm going to my bed as its late here, nearly 6am of all things but will thank you and the other member for all your help. I have bookmarked your videos etc and will have a look when I get up.
Have a great day and thanks again.

Watch your head next time

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

They make it look so easy in the adverts....dang them.

ouch, that sounds like it hurts.

I think I might add hard hat to my list of paranormal gear....

but that comes after my 2000, to 10,000 dollar infrared, removable lens camcorder i am drooling over... ok it's only 3k but after you ad the third generation nightvision lense it will be over 10....

I guess I'll probably go with this Sony camcorder though in the short run. It's got night vision and INCREDIBLE image stabilization ... for great shots as you fall through the crumbling floor after knocking yourself senseless on the low jail cell door...

who thought it was a good idea letting me do this anyway?

... see i didn't' even need the bump to be not right in the head
edit on 18-1-2013 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Have your tried a tin foil hard hat?
Just an idea, and a paranoid one at that.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Have your tried a tin foil hard hat?
Just an idea, and a paranoid one at that.

If ghost show um on EM frequencies on the meters... and tinfoil stops EM signals... does that mean you can get rid of ghosts by putting tin foil on your house?

now THAT's a conspiracy... hehe

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Yes, they were taken in completed darkness. My camera caught them. There were no bug, dust or pollen in the jailer's house. There was a lihg in the cener hall that when to the room but we left the rrom dark. Also the temp inside the house was 56F, while the temp outside the houst was 65F

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Thank you for your feedback of the cameras.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I felt so bad when that happened, I did my very best not to go into my "nurse" or "mother" mode of thinking. But I did keep a close silent observation of my teammate throughout the rest of the night. I wanted to make sure he was goiing to be OK.
Bone vs. metal. The metal will win every time.
Oh, by the way, that was one advantage of being only 5'3''

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Lighiting in the jail cells were also limited that night due to it being cloudy & raining. There is no eletric in the jail outside of our flashlights & the street light that was about a 1/2 a block away. I'm just glad when we were up on the sencond flood that it didn't give away, or either one of us falling down those steps. At the bottom of those steps a fall could have gotten really injuried. Is was very cluttered there.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

OK. I think that is something we nedd to add to our wish list for other investigations that are not in good condition or with very low cellings.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I was thinking maybe hats like the miners were because they have a light attatched to them.
Of maybe with the budget that it is, a couple of pots turned upside down on our heads, tape a flashlight on side and one of those action camers that bikeres & hikers on the otherside.
price of pots--already have. price of flashlights--already have. price of action camera about $60.00 to $80.00.
Cost of total experience..........................yes, you guessed it...................priceless..

But in all sincerity, we do need to put safety 1st, watch after our team mates to make sure no other injuries occur. This is more than a hobby to this team and we are doing our best to find answeres and to help those that need us and the only way we can do that is by stay safe & alert at all times during our investigations.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jannell03

Thank you for your feedback of the cameras.

You are welcome but thanks for all the info

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I am glad that you have a sense of humor about hitting your head on the jail cell doorway enterance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join