It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Amendment lovers in NY; Time to vote with your feet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
There are many other states that will welcome you! Most of the southern states are very liberal in firearms rights. Here in MS I can own a Machine-gun, Select fire assault rifles and hicap mags. We have lower violent crime than most other Liberal controlled states and you can shoot home invaders even if they are unarmed.

I call on all Like minded patriots to retreat to a firearms friendly state and let NY and any other state that passes similar legislation to move as soon as possible. Get training in firearms and be ready to stand up for your rights!

Freedom is not free you have to pay for it and if the current events mirror those of history it looks like its up to us to fight for freedom.

Get some

OORAH!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I am glad to live in a firearms friendly state, I just hope the POTUS doesn't enact a similar provision on Mag limits. I will not comply; no one I know will comply, and most invite them to attempt to enforce it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
There are many other states that will welcome you! Most of the southern states are very liberal in firearms rights. Here in MS I can own a Machine-gun, Select fire assault rifles and hicap mags. We have lower violent crime than most other Liberal controlled states and you can shoot home invaders even if they are unarmed.

I call on all Like minded patriots to retreat to a firearms friendly state and let NY and any other state that passes similar legislation to move as soon as possible. Get training in firearms and be ready to stand up for your rights!

Freedom is not free you have to pay for it and if the current events mirror those of history it looks like its up to us to fight for freedom.

Get some

OORAH!

I live in FL, we're pretty liberal with gun rights as well, but I'm starting to worry about people like Lois Frankel proposing magazine limitations. Although her proposals for mandatory criminal background check to get a semi auto isn't horrible, I just feel it's fluff for a larger plan.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Indeed. This is a part of a lager plan. We have another UN small arms treaty up for vote in March (I think). If we are the only nation that does not sign off on it, I fear the international community will try to force it on us.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I also have to ask the question:

If you live in a state that severely restricts private firearms ownership will you consider moving to a state that does not?

I would.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

If it was just me, I'd do that in a heart beat. . . but I can't elderly parents to help take care of and moving just isn't an option now.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

I hate to hear things line that.

Well better "sell" those guns at the gunshow ...

If you bury them make sure you bury plenty of other steel objects all around and make them work for it. then put up signs saying "danger Mines" .... It will cost them thousands of dollars for each person that does that!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

reply to post by eXia7

Indeed. This is a part of a lager plan. We have another UN small arms treaty up for vote in March (I think). If we are the only nation that does not sign off on it, I fear the international community will try to force it on us.

We are a right-to-carry state, and since that law went active, our murder rates dropped.

* As of July 31, 2010, Florida has issued 1,825,143 permits and has 746,430 active licensees,[105] constituting roughly 5.4% of the state's population that is 21 years of age or older.

* Since the outset of the Florida right-to-carry law, the Florida murder rate has averaged 36% lower than it was before the law took effect, while the U.S. murder rate has averaged 15% lower.

Just Facts - Gun Control

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Stand firm and be ready, do not fire until fired upon. If it is a revolution they want; let it be in my day so my children and their children's children will not have to see it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

I live in FL, we're pretty liberal with gun rights as well, but I'm starting to worry about people like Lois Frankel proposing magazine limitations. Although her proposals for mandatory criminal background check to get a semi auto isn't horrible, I just feel it's fluff for a larger plan.

I don't see it listed on the Florida Legislators site...www.myfloridahouse.gov...

Do you have the bill #? Is she a state legislator or is this someone in a local position?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I have been looking around the site that you quoted an posted a link for:

2 trends I have noticed are:

When anti-gun states enact laws to prohibit the lawful carriage of a firearm; all types of crime increase.

When pro-gun states enact laws to make it lawful to carry a firearm over all crime decreases.

I don't see how anyone can argue with the facts presented there...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Originally posted by eXia7

I don't see it listed on the Florida Legislators site...www.myfloridahouse.gov...

Do you have the bill #? Is she a state legislator or is this someone in a local position?

I don't think there is a bill yet, she was put onto the Congressional Gun Violence Task Force. Hmm, I just noticed in this source article it says she's trying to get background checks on ammo as well.

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- In the wake of the Sandy Hook tragedy, Florida Congresswoman Lois Frankel has been appointed to serve on the Congressional Gun Violence Prevention Task Force. The South Florida Congresswoman is also proposing two bans. One on large rapid-fire magazines, and the other require criminal background checks for gun-show sales.

These proposals reflect one side of an intense gun-control debate, in Washington. "You know we support the Second Amendment and the rights for people to protect themselves. But there's no rational reason to allow assault weapons on the street," Frankel said. Frankel also plans to propose background checks for buying all ammo. The former mayor of West Palm Beach is a veteran of gun-control battles in Florida, including buyback programs and attempts to restrict sales.

CBS 12 News

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

reply to post by eXia7

When anti-gun states enact laws to prohibit the lawful carriage of a firearm; all types of crime increase.

When pro-gun states enact laws to make it lawful to carry a firearm over all crime decreases.

Yeah, I might do a thread write up on it, but there are so many gun control debates going on, it's starting to make my head spin lol.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Indeed it is. I am somewhat concerned what the POTUS will attempt to do via EO...

It doesn't really matter to me what he does I live in a state that will not comply. So we are ready for whatever they do.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

reply to post by eXia7

Facts? FACTS?? The gun-grabbers don't need any "facts"?
They have pandering and emotions and involuntary spasms, of joints in the lower extremities!
Facts, just get in the way of utilizing a good crisis!

This is all about CONTROL! And, POWER! And, a big game and a....a CONTEST, yeah....to see who can get the most people to go along with their ridiculous ideas!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

My in-laws are liberals and I get along with them great until the mention gun rights. They are entitled to their opinion but once they tried to talk my wife into selling my firearms behind my back which my wife would never do. I gave them an overdue education in the Constitution and the second amendment including the militia act of 1903. They started taking in circles. They could not come up with any real reason why I should not own the types of firearms I own.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I noticed that one of the participants of the conversation mentioned that Florida's crime rate fell after the right to carry law passed. A closer review of the chart shows violent crime rate began falling prior to the passage of the law. Furthermore, the crime rate nationally has been falling consistently for a whole slew of reasons ranging from longer prison sentences, new law enforcement tactics, improved economic conditions, Roe v. Wade, etc....

I for one love NY and would never move. I am glad we have responsible politicians here regarding gun regulation. Finally, if you think you are safer in the "liberal" gun states (completely wrong use of the word liberal), then take a look at the FBI crime states. In particular lets look at Florida vs. New York. The Murder rate in Florida per 100,000 people is 5.2 while in New York its 4.0. That means you are 20% more likely to be murdered in Florida than in New York. Do you guns make you safe, or is it just a false sense of security?

FBI 2011 Stats

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
I noticed that one of the participants of the conversation mentioned that Florida's crime rate fell after the right to carry law passed. A closer review of the chart shows violent crime rate began falling prior to the passage of the law. Furthermore, the crime rate nationally has been falling consistently for a whole slew of reasons ranging from longer prison sentences, new law enforcement tactics, improved economic conditions, Roe v. Wade, etc....

I for one love NY and would never move. I am glad we have responsible politicians here regarding gun regulation. Finally, if you think you are safer in the "liberal" gun states (completely wrong use of the word liberal), then take a look at the FBI crime states. In particular lets look at Florida vs. New York. The Murder rate in Florida per 100,000 people is 5.2 while in New York its 4.0. That means you are 20% more likely to be murdered in Florida than in New York. Do you guns make you safe, or is it just a false sense of security?

FBI 2011 Stats

Well, you haven't experienced the fallout from this new legislation, so we don't know what the new murder rates will be. And that graph took a sharp dive after the law passed. But even if the murder rate went back up, that is still no reason to start grabbing guns. I'd believe it would be a time to purchase one, and get a CCL

No, guns aren't a false sense of security, I rather have one if I'm ever in a desperate situation, than to not.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Great video! Is your line in the sand drawn?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I'm glad there was a sheriff in Jackson Co, Kentucky that said they will not comply...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join