It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't abortion murder?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Oh I grasp that making it illegal is far more government control..

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by vasaga

Oh I grasp that making it illegal is far more government control..

So then how can you possibly use the 'government control' argument in favor of your view? Seems a bit hypocritical.

Like I said, im all for it. lets take the government out of it altogether. That way, it goes without question that it is a personal choice.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I can agree that it should be a personal choice, provided the precautions of avoiding pregnancy have been taken, and it happened anyway in an unwanted manner due to only accidents or rape.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My original reply got lost due to an issue with my ipad. But here is my response that never was, but now is.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I can agree that it should be a personal choice, provided the precautions of avoiding pregnancy have been taken, and it happened anyway in an unwanted manner due to only accidents or rape.

So then it isnt about personal choice at all, in your view. You want to restrict it. You are saying "if these conditions are met, you can make the choice". That is not freedom to choose.
edit on 15-1-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

It is still about personal choice. The restriction is there to show where I consider it ok and where I consider it wrong. People can still choose to abort after their own messy BS, but, I will not approve of it, nor will I support it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

It is still about personal choice. The restriction is there to show where I consider it ok and where I consider it wrong. People can still choose to abort after their own messy BS, but, I will not approve of it, nor will I support it.

fair enough, and no one is asking you to approve of it.

everyone is free to have their view on this matter, and I support that. Like I said earlier, THAT is why the legal definition becomes so important.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
why isnt birth controls pills murder, its the same thing

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
To be honest, I think abortion is a side-issue. Not because it's not something worth talking about, but because it's something that has arisen due to how our society works. No one really tries to solve the problems that cause people to want to abort. Pretty much on how no one investigates what exactly creates sociopaths, murderers, criminals and so on. We mainly look at how to deal with them when they are there, and we don't look on how to avoid these things in the first place. Abortions probably wouldn't be a problem if we would've had well-educated (I don't mean being brainwashed in school), thinking, responsible people in our society. But society rarely produces those kinds of individuals.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

But how can a women abort a baby without consent of the man. If a women can make a baby by herself sure she can do whatever but the man also contributed to the life. Women will say "it's my body" but I'll argue it's half my baby. I think abortion is murder but I also know that there are too many starving people on this planet. I will just let murders murder if I can't stop it and they will have to answer to their god for their actions. If they never wanted a child for what ever reason then they shouldn't have sex. If I go to the store and take home a free puppy and then decide later I never wanted it does that mean I can just kill it? People will say a fetus isn't a life because they will find any excuse to make them feel better about ending a life.

If a fetus is allowed to grow to full term it will be a live crying baby so how is a 1 day old baby =/= a 40 week old baby?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
IMO -
I am anti-abortion & pro-choice.

FACT -
The 'Law of the Jungle' dictates that the Mother has the right/power to decide the fate of Her Offspring.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

But how can a women abort a baby without consent of the man. If a women can make a baby by herself sure she can do whatever but the man also contributed to the life. Women will say "it's my body" but I'll argue it's half my baby.

What a man donates during sexual activity is considered a gift. When a man can carry half a baby term, then your argument will carry some weight.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by windword[/
That infuriates me. When that baby is born is it any less than half mine? So how is it not mine at all until it is born. Is its genetic material not mine? If I get a DNA test will it say I have no genes in the child. So if two people buy a dog is it only the persons who pays with their card (womb) or is it the others who put the money on the card? What will happen when we has artificial wombs. Will the mans seed still be a "gift" then or will the women still have full control.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
There was a time when abortion was a crime punishable by hanging -- or worse. The crime of abortion is a sub-human act - against the laws of nature. Men and women who commit the heinous act of killing their children condemn themselves - in this life and the next.

link   
There was a time when abortion was a crime punishable by hanging -- or worse. The crime of abortion is a sub-human act - against the laws of nature. Men and women who commit the heinous act of killing their children condemn themselves - in this life and the next.

link   

link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DENBY
IMO -
I am anti-abortion & pro-choice.

FACT -
The 'Law of the Jungle' dictates that the Mother has the right/power to decide the fate of Her Offspring.

Until the male lion kills the cubs of another male and the lioness lets him.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

We do not celebrate a person's Conception Day. I am not allowed to claim my unborn child on my taxes. A fetus has not been officially named, has not taken a breath. To force a woman to carry a child to term that she knows that she cannot raise or even feed, forces her to create a life that will go into a system that is already crowded with children whose parents couldn't care for them.

It's a lot like war-mongering. If you are going to advocate for deploying troops into someone elses country, likely to die, then I expect you to send your own son or daughter to fight as well. If you are going to insist that a woman cease her plan, 1 month into a 9-month term, to spare her as-yet unborn and unformed child a life of feeling unwanted, then I expect you to personally adopt one of these children.

Deal?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HumveeSleeper

How about the women not get pregnant until she is ready for a child..... Holy crap is that not the most logical thing to say. Just because a child is unwanted by the parents doesnt mean that it's ok to kill the kid. If I can't take care of my kids or I don't want them you can't just kill them. If you can't take care of a kid DO NOT GET PREGNANT!!!

You have the option to chose to not have sex you do not have the choice to end a life due to the failure of fore mentioned choice.
edit on 15-1-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join