It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation Watch 2013

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

The Levels here in the West of Tokyo are nearly back to the normal, on the surface

Cool!

Enjoy your radiation dose, which should be 0.

Maybe it's where I am too, but I have no fancy meter, just a cheaper warning device that has not gone off yet.

Edit: Hey, but really, thanks for putting in the time and effort to document this and make people aware on this thread. It does matter =)
edit on 6-3-2013 by Philippines because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
"1. The report is based on faulty assumptions
"2. The report ignores the health risks for people outside of Fukushima"
"3. Continued radioactive emissions were not included in the assessment"
"4. The report ignores the increased radiosensitivity of the unborn child"
"5. Recent clinical findings were not taken into considerations"
"6. Non-cancer diseases are not included in the health risk calculations"
"7. The report relies solely on TEPCO’s own data to assess workers’ health risks"
"8. The authors’ neutrality has to be doubted"
www.ippnw.de...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Aircooled, no worries, I knew you'd see the other questions soon. This has been and will be an ongoing story. On the "Nuclear Hotseat" podcast in February 2013, there's a great interview with Cindy Folkers of the BeyondNuclear group. Among other things, Cindy (with 20 years of working with 2 nuclear activist groups) says that the key radiation measurement to be aware of is Becquerels (B). B is the only direct radiation measurement (1 disintegration per second per liter). Becquerels is that the doctors in the Chernobyl-affected areas look for when they sit a radiation-affected child in a chair...the chair instruments pick up gamma from the cesium(s).

Of course there's also Curies, the only other direct measurement of radiation, but Curies measure very very large quantities of material, so Becquerels is the way to go.

www.nuclearhotseat.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

The Levels here in the West of Tokyo are nearly back to the normal, on the surface

So when they were high you didn't test or film?
Some people look not to find it, I guess.

On to new biz.
"It will take a considerable amount of time before this site will become history,This work is expected to begin around 2022. plant manager Takeshi Takahashi" = [We're gonna let it burn]. "The exact location inside the reactors of the melted fuel remains unclear" = [We don't know where the f#@k it went?]
www.atimes.com...

A good read .. "As many people know, lobsters in a cooking pot aren’t aware the temperature of the water is rising as they are actually cooking. Humans are no different. Placed in an atmosphere that’s slowly poisoned over a period of 67 years, humans only complain of aches, pains and nosebleeds; but, the few that realize what is happening to everyone’s’ insides are hushed by the complacent."
www.veteranstoday.com...

Brazil Hot black stuff in his rain again.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled

Brazil Hot black stuff in his rain again.

Interesting stuff. Of course TEPCO has no idea, I don't think they want to kamikaze their workers into the reactor to do some nuclear scuba diving and report back.

To my knowledge even their robots breakdown from the radiation before they can get to the fuel.

On to other questions, I really wonder about this "hot black stuff". I wonder how much that is contributing to global warming, as it sounds like a dark and dense heavy particle that would do some bad damage in the Arctic circle. If it is anything like soot, perhaps it is contributing a lot to the global warming trend..

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

We think it's like the black rain that fell on Japan after the A-bombs were dropped.

New biz.
From 8:20 to 9:05.
An admissision that they are deliberately steaming the rads out to avoid building more storage tanks [EVAPORATION], while floating a trial balloon to see if the world objects to dumping the tanks right into the ocean..

Also near the beginning, an admission that the quake ruptured the reactors.

Colorado rain snow.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Estimates just keep going up and up. Effecting north Atlantic too?
Study: Up to 47 quadrillion becquerels of cesium-137 released into Pacific from Fukushima — Nearly 50 times original Tepco estimate. [Remember, this is only Cesium they are counting]
A quadrillion is a 1000 trillion.
enenews.com...
www.biogeosciences-discuss.net...

Our bud in southern Brazil can't get a break.

I wish we had some plume models running still, but we don't. All we have is the jet stream model these days.

virga.sfsu.edu...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Three kinds eh?.... Better make that four.

Enormous quantities of decommissioned Russian nuclear reactors and radioactive waste were dumped into the Kara Sea in the Arctic Ocean north of Siberia over a course of decades, according to documents given to Norwegian officials by Russian authorities and published in Norwegian media.
The catalogue of waste dumped at sea by the Soviets, according to documents seen by Bellona, and which were today released by the Norwegian daily Aftenposten, includes some 17,000 containers of radioactive waste, 19 ships containing radioactive waste, 14 nuclear reactors, including five that still contain spent nuclear fuel; 735 other pieces of radiactively contaminated heavy machinery, and the K-27 nuclear submarine with its two reactors loaded with nuclear fuel.

If you saw how the arctic ice sheet shrunk last August, this area around Norway and Russia lost the largest amount.
I'm no expert. but I can add 2+2.
www.bellona.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
NOAA ocean plume model tucked away until now. From 011. Remember, this is only the Cesium.

enenews.com...
public.sos.noaa.gov...

High radiation alarm went off at another Fukushima nuclear plant before tsunami hit [Daiini]
enenews.com...

More sick animals.
Sickened Alaska animals getting more tests for Fukushima radionuclides — Oozing sores, bleeding, swollen internal organs, hair loss
enenews.com...
And the "offical" theory from our stumped experts.... Arctic sunburn?
www.alaskadispatch.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Something is going badly wrong offshore, and no one knows what it is yet. [Oh Really?]
As of Mar. 13, 517 pups had been admitted to five Southern California rescue centers. That total is higher than the total for some entire years, said Sarah Wilkin, regional strandings coordinator with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. “And we’re only two months and a week in.” [...] The pace of admissions is still accelerating,
enenews.com...
www.wired.com...
www.kionrightnow.com...

Let's not check the obvious sourse, eh. Just like the seals on the west coast.
www.examiner.com...
You've seen graphs and heard me mention that we are seeing big spikes in Minnesota. and Wisconsin that are somehow "bottle-necking or piling up because of some effect from the Great Lakes water bodies. Still to early and WAY to few civilian rad checkers with geigers, to say anything for sure, but something is happening there.
Two nights ago it hit 119 cpm bouncing around 100 for an hour or so as another rad wave came through.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled

Three kinds eh?.... Better make that four.

Enormous quantities of decommissioned Russian nuclear reactors and radioactive waste were dumped into the Kara Sea in the Arctic Ocean north of Siberia over a course of decades, according to documents given to Norwegian officials by Russian authorities and published in Norwegian media.
The catalogue of waste dumped at sea by the Soviets, according to documents seen by Bellona, and which were today released by the Norwegian daily Aftenposten, includes some 17,000 containers of radioactive waste, 19 ships containing radioactive waste, 14 nuclear reactors, including five that still contain spent nuclear fuel; 735 other pieces of radiactively contaminated heavy machinery, and the K-27 nuclear submarine with its two reactors loaded with nuclear fuel.

If you saw how the arctic ice sheet shrunk last August, this area around Norway and Russia lost the largest amount.
I'm no expert. but I can add 2+2.
www.bellona.org...

Wow wow wow... No doubt that will have an affect on the ice albedo and perhaps ice nucleation. Even if the particles in themselves are not "hot" enough to make a change, but when you're talking countless tons of this waste dumped near the arctic - that's a game changer. Except this isn't a game =(

With animal die-offs increasing, even the sores/boils you mentioned, how can anyone really contain that? Arctic sunburn? Lol. I bet if those animal conditions were compared to the cow farms near Fukushima there will be many similarities in appearances.

And people look at me funny when I tell them "no way" will I live in the USA again. At the same time I'm looking at them funny for thinking it's the best place to live

Looking at the cesium map, there is nothing around me. That could change if Russia drops a nuke on Guam though...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I do remember that in the months after Fukushima, people on here (particularly American citizens for reasons I can't begin to fathom) were discussing all manner of disorders and ailments they were experiencing as a direct result of being exposed to imaginary doses of high radiation.

One gentleman in particular claimed his migraines had increased in severity as a result of the Fukushima disaster.

Are you a nation of hypochondriacs or what?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Here is a comment I made in another radiation related thread and feel it is 100% relevant to be here as well. And it took me a bit of time to make =b
--
I just wanted to point out the striking similarities between the cows in Fukushima and the "strange" sickness recently found to be affecting seals in Alaska and perhaps California as well. This is more like a followup post to the previous one.

First up, cows near the reactor explosion of Fukushima, about 14 kilometers away, image credit from the site below:

NuclearHistory - Fukushima Now Dateline SBS TV Australia 5 March 2013 - Spot the Beta Burns

I picked some of the images to let the cattle rancher/farmer speak for himself about the "Fukushima syndrome". After that, I posted comparison images of seals to show the similarities.

A quote from the show by the nearby farmer:

"Since the accident, I've had 15 or 16 whole-body scans. I was worried about the levels I'd been exposed to. I've had other health checks, quite thorough ones. They all came back ok.

Let that sink in.

Now for the seals being recently found in Alaska (and here) and even around California:

Do you see any similarities? Any patches of hair missing or other open wounds? Maybe beta burns?

Keep in mind the following quote from the previously linked source:

Preliminary tests to determine whether exposure from the 2011 Fukushima nuclear plant accident in Japan have also not revealed any answers. More tests on tissue samples for radionuclides associated with the event are being conducted, but those done so far have not yielded any direct connection.

Opinions on this anyone? What do you think is really is going on?
edit on 20-3-2013 by Philippines because: removed dupe image

Edit: Credit to Aircooled, Thorfourwinds and everyone else out there on their blogs/forums driving awareness to these issues. Something is going on, and now is the time for independent analysts to challenge the status quo like in this thread. Thanks all for your vigilance!

edit on 20-3-2013 by Philippines because: edit reason is in the edit section =D

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well.... they can't give this nuclear waste/food away, right? There sending some to Africa for the poor. Nobody [with any brains] outside Japan will touch their food now, so they make the kids eat it. So twisted, eh?
JP Gov plans to ban using imported food ingredients for school lunch
fukushima-diary.com...

"Here is a comment I made in another radiation related thread and feel it is 100% relevant to be here as well. And it took me a bit of time to make =b
--
I just wanted to point out the striking similarities between the cows in Fukushima and the "strange" sickness recently found to be affecting seals in Alaska and perhaps California as well. This is more like a followup post to the previous one. "

I don't think that's a stretch at all Philippines. Have you noticed how they're testing all these half dead seals, Mantees, Polar bears, turtles etc, for everything but radiation poisoning???? Every lame brain article always ends with "Experts stumped"????
I wouldn't let these "experts" put shingles on an outhouse without supervision.

You know I do radiation air tests and graph them. Well in the last two or three months I've noticed one thing changing. I'm not sure if it's significant yet but I caught one today. It's not uncomon [although strange] to get spikes in my air tests but usually they're a quick one cycle [10 seconds] For sometime now I've started getting spikes that now come down like a set of stairs. Four cycles, six cycles, even eight. That tells me the air particle hitting the tube is influencing it longer. I've even seen the spikes shoot back up without returning to normal.
Anyway you'll note at the end of the vid, where I spliced on the graph, the middle spike of this 25 minute test takes 4 cycles to come down.
More info in the vid description.
I've checked this stone wall out as well as lots of big rock cuts around here and they always read my normal background. 0.11 - 0.15 so the spikes have nothing to do with the rock around here.

I'll but up a few past indoor tests later so you can get a look at these strange "New Normal" spikes.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Ok, I pulled out some recent 1 hour air tests done at my place in Eastern Ontario.
First up Sept 25th. They don't get any more normal than this. If I was getting tests like this all the time, we wouldn't need this thread. Nothing over 0.20 microsieverts per hour. Average 0.14

Jan 20th 013. First spike 0.38, third spike, multiple cycles. All in all I think that's a lot of spikes for only 1 hour.

This one is off radnet. All the public sees are those little circles with numbers. Here's the graph they don't see. Jan 23rd Fall City Wash. [near Seattle]

March 17th 013. The day of the boomerang spikes. First spike hit 0.48 [yellow screen "High Radiation"] and spent quite few cycles before it came back down. Keep in mind... these are all air.

Two days later. March 19th 013. Have a gander at that first spike. 7 cycles above 0.20. That's new!

So... what do these new prolonged spikes mean?
Lots of people could jump on here and say this is perfectly normal... or sun spots. Others would look at this and confirm were getting nuked.
All I can do is keep doing these graphs and point out the changes I see. My 1 hour tests have gone from one or two spikes an hour to five or six, and they seem to stay high longer. In my humble opinion it's increasing.
I wish I could show you a test done in 1940 and some tests from 2010, but I don't have any. I don't even know what normal background around here was pre-fuk?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well, now we know where those barges have been going. This might explain some of the sick sea life.
"Off shore waste dumping sites hit by recent multiple earthquakes off coast of Japan"
nuclear-news.net...

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Thanks for keeping this fresh with new content, mostly provided by your research. I find this thread a breath of fresh air every time I see you or another independent monitoring researcher posts here.

I wish I had something to report a baseline where I'm at, which is almost the circumference around the Earth, but a bit further South. Supposedly the radiation goes East to North/South America, but who knows about in the Philippines. I don't think the average population here knows what the english word "radiation" even means. They may think it means radio station or something.

However, on your latest charts, which is great that you plotted the data - maybe the recent spikes are from the power outages in the last few days?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Oh! Newly released unfortunate news for the nuclear proponents...

... But you don't have to take my word for it:

Huffington Post - Hanford Nuclear Waste Tanks Could Explode, Agency Warns\

Yahoo News - Nuclear board warns of Hanford tank explosion risk

Too bad the US is literally littered with these reactors, especially the East coast. Is it no wonder central mainland China has no nuclear reactors?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
On the power outages of last week. I still haven't seen a single document stating that power was restored to the big comon spent fuel pool [6375 fuel assemblies with about 66 fuel rods each]. Not a word. Oversight by tepco?

Well my bud in Brazil is getting more hot black rain.
Yesterday

Today.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Thanks for the continued data streams. Here is a link to a U.S. open journal article whose popularity is about to go viral online. In its journal issue, it is by far the most downloaded article. It concerns the sharp rise in U.S. hypothyroidism cases in young children, following the Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear meltdowns:

www.scirp.org...

Since its publication, it has been mentioned almost 200 times in the media, online and offline. I notice it's also mentioned today on Whitley Strieber's Unknown Country website:

www.unknowncountry.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join