It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gun Debate is a red herring!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I really think this administration is intent on keeping the focus on guns when the real focus should be on pharmaceuticals.....not just any pharmaceuticals but on just what drugs our government has been experimenting with. Is the Gun Control debate being used to take the attention off of something dark and shadowy that our government does not want you to turn your attention on?

I did some research on the history of antidepressants. That alone was enough to cause my alert button to glow red. Then...

That dot connected me to the National Institute of Health (NIH). They have a drug research division called the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) www.ncats.nih.gov...

This is a very curious group. Although its premise has been around a few years, it received more focused attention during this administration, and was officially launched in January 2012. It is supposed to bypass the slow and costly development of new drugs. In other words, the Government is getting into the drug business. It is involved in a variety of disciplines of which Social and Behavioral Sciences is but one.

This dot then lead me to ResearchMatch which is the arm of the NCATS that connects researchers to volunteers.....people willing to undergo experimental trials. www.researchmatch.org...

Then, I recalled that James Holmes, the Aurora, CO shooter, had received a $21,600 grant from the NIH. Was the University of Colorado one of the researchers for NCATS? www.ncats.nih.gov...

Yes they were. Does that mean anything? I don't know. But, if J.H. was connected in any way, shape, or form, to this government agency as a volunteer for clinical experimentation, I would like to know what drugs he may or may not have been given. cctsi.ucdenver.edu...

Then, I looked up Jacob Tyler Roberts, the Oregon Mall shooter, to see if this young man was near any university that may be a participant in the ResearchMatch program of NCATS. I found out that the Oregon Health & Science University is also a participant.

Whoa! Of course, I had to look up nearby participants to Newtown, and discovered that 32 miles away, at Yale, they, too, are participants.

In reading through the NIH and NCATS websites, one gets the idea that this is just our government trying to implement a better way to get experimental drugs through the long pipeline of costly tests and clinical trials and to help facilitate a faster and better way toward cures and new therapies.

But, upon closer scrutiny, the ResearchMatch program where volunteers are matched up with researchers disturbs me, especially when it comes to drugs that affect the brain and behavior.

Someone, please........ blow a hole in my hypothesis!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I believe that psychotropic drugs play a pivotal role in producing a brainwashed manchurian candidate. I sort of feel like we are past the 'trials' of which drugs are best and work which way and that these events are aimed at the gun ban that will soon come and be legitimized by these shootings.. But you make a valid point, I would consider that while the hypnosis from these psychotropic drugs and the science of brainwashing people under their influence has been well documented for quite some time, perhaps this is ( along with the gun ban goal ) a grand 'field testing' that we are also witnessing.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I would like to know what his NIH grant was specifically for. Does anyone know? I'm a pretty good researcher, but I haven't been able to find any specifics on whether he was on the investigative/researcher end or the other end as a participant.

Either way, however, it was the issue of THE GUN that was pushed. The gun DID NOT cause this young neuroscience scholar to go berserk.......I'm convinced it was a pharmaceutical as related in my OP.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

reply to post by queenofswords

Too many people like to ignore this and the media too. Probably because pharma companies pay big money for airtime. How often do you see a TV add asking you to ask your doctor for an anti-biotic? Ever see an oxycodone commercial?
I have said it here before, I roll my eyes when the left say we need better "mental health treatment" for these mass shooters. Most of these mass shooters were on psychiatric drugs and receiving mental health. Now keep in mind this is only the MASS shooters, people don't tend to probe and heavily investigate things like murder/suicides or homicides at the same level they do mass shooters.

Still the rate of antidepressant use has skyrocketed nearly 400% in the United States since the late 1980s when the first SSRI's went on the market. "There is lots of evidence that the rates of depression have doubled from the late 1990s to the late 2000s," says Dr. Charles Raison, CNNHealth.com's mental health expert and

Now where did "going postal" start???
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
My big concern in my OP is whether there is some government connection to experimental pharmaceuticals in the Social and Behavioral Sciences and/or Neuroscience fields that may be affecting young volunteers.

The NCATS and ResearchMatch program causes me some concern. If government is the sponsor of these programs, where is the oversight??? Is the fox guarding the hen house while setting the stage for a particular agenda.

I realize that the pipeline from R&D to consumer is a long and costly one in the private sector. But Big Government getting into the Big Pharma drug business, hiring ex Big Pharma personnel and setting up these elaborate Volunteer to Researcher quick connections causes the hair on the back of my neck to stand up.

This one little tidbit of info caused me to begin looking at this issue a little closer. (my underlining)

www.naturalnews.com...

The NIH, of course, is a revolving door for Big Pharma executives. Dr William Potter, for example, was formerly a researcher at the National Institute of Mental Health, after which he became the vice president of translational neuroscience at Merck. And the government money that goes into these so-called drug "discoveries" will only end up boosting the profits of drug companies rather than fundamentally improving the health of the American people. (More drugs does not equal better health. If anything it's an inverse correlation: More drugs = more degenerative disease!)

While the Gun Debate is heating up, nobody is asking why, in the last few years since the launching of the Big Government Pharma agency's fast track to drugs, has there been so many YOUNG MEN (volunteers???) turning suicidal and homicidal.

Time to stop the Gun Debate and focus on these experimental drug programs!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Now I find out there is a DARPA connection. Lovely.

Also, from.............feedback.nih.gov... :
What sorts of therapeutics would be the focus of the proposed Center?
In addition to strengthening and streamlining the process of developing small-molecule compounds into drugs, the Center would support research aimed at accelerating the development of a full range of products and techniques for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease, including diagnostics, biologics, medical devices, and behavioral interventions.

Last but not least....behavioral interventions?

(Underlining and bolding mine.)

edit on 10-1-2013 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2013 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

join