It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the greatest conspiracy of all is..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
that there is no great conspiracy? How silly would you feel if at the end of your life you devoted so much of your time blaming governments and dark forces for all the bad things that happened to you. What if we finally get there and realised that there was no conspiracy and that it your own minds belief that brought all this negativity on to you? Just how would you feel?

This is hypothetical by the way so no flaming me. Just thought it was an interesting prospect to consider, because at the end of the day we are likely to be wrong about a lot of things in our lives.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

There are conspiracies, so what could possibly be your point?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

somewhere some place thier is someone conspiring with someone else do something to someone or someones. Don't you agree?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I am not using the word conspiracy to its true form, maybe I should have made that a little clearer. I am talking specifically about the greater conspiracys which are on a global scale. Like the NWO for instance, or your Government.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

First thing I would do is ask for my money back from TAN. I charge quite heavily per hour and they haven't told me not to post anything, nor do I see anything in the T & C's about not being able to charge for contributing to this website.
haha

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I think you may be half right, I really do not think most of the stuff on here is true, when something happens people want something to blame for that thing happening so will clutch at straws to find that something.
I want to believe in Aliens and choose to believe in the conspiracy of Aliens because deep down I really do not want us to be alone in the universe.
The thing is for it all to be true and it all is a big conspiracy we would have to be in control of everything and I think that in reality the human race has less control of stuff than we are led to believe because If we knew that we really have no control many would panic.
(excuse the ramblings a little woozy...hic
)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I am not using the word conspiracy to its true form, maybe I should have made that a little clearer. I am talking specifically about the greater conspiracys which are on a global scale. Like the NWO for instance, or your Government.

My government was involved in the Watergate conspiracy and the Iran-Contra conspiracy, for example. So now what are you speaking of?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yes and it would also be quite sad to discover all this time that nobody has been holding me back but myself. No rich Elite, no NWO no shaddow government. How strange would that be that we had to take sole responsibility for our lives not turning out exactly how we would have liked them to.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

The key to the post being that I said this to be a hypothetical question. I am by no means stating it as fact. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This is a personal favourite of mine from cracked

www.cracked.com...

Look at the JFK Assasination, Watergate Scandal, The Banking Collapse and inside trading. The world is like this because at our base level people like to be part of something and the douche bags in power will always conspire to control the masses.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Proven Conspiracy Theroies

There have been many conspiracy theories that have already been proven to be fact ^ see above link.. This is my newest favorite. Have you ever heard of chem trails... it turns out that is close to being proven as well. In the 1960's they were spraying toxic chemicals in many us cities

Therefore they very well could still be doing this..

Source
edit on 8-1-2013 by misse2miss because: added link

edit on 8-1-2013 by misse2miss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

reply to post by trysts

The key to the post being that I said this to be a hypothetical question. I am by no means stating it as fact. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Your question is what if there are no conspiracies, that it's all in your mind? I pointed out two indisputable conspiracies, so now what?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I want to believe in Aliens and choose to believe in the conspiracy of Aliens because deep down I really do not want us to be alone in the universe.

We are not alone in the universe that is certain out of billions of galaxy's and trillions of solar systems how could we possibly be alone.

I dont even feel like that is a conspiracy...the only thing that could be is that they (or some) are visiting us.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

You really do not get the point of a hypothetical question do you? Iin which case I can't be bothered to explain.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by misse2miss

Until we have 100% proof we are still alone, you can believe all you want but you need proof to say are are not alone.
(I agree with you I believe also but opinion isn't proof)
The conspiracy is that TPTB know and are keeping it from us.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

reply to post by trysts

You really do not get the point of a hypothetical question do you? Iin which case I can't be bothered to explain.

You can't explain your point?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
i think it would be a bigger waste of life , if what you suggested turned out to be true , for the debunkers and shills out there.
putting out all that effort to discredit something that wasn't even there in the first place when they could have spent their time doing something constructive.

then again , maybe the pay is good.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What if there were no roads on earth, it is all just in your mind? How would you feel?

But there are roads?

If you don't understand my point then I'm not going to explain it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

As you seem to keep wanting to poke me with your stick to get some self justification and bringing this thread away from its initial purpose then I will reluctantly explain.

I am asking specifically to see how people would feel based on the hypothetical situation of there being no big conspiracy. I ask this knowing full well that there is conspiracies out there but the reason I ask is not to discuss the merits of particular conspiracies but more to see the emotion of finding out that you were wrong and how you may have used your misguided belief to blame things that have happened to you that you wish would have been different.

I have no doubt there ARE conspiracies out there, but as human beings we are ALL wrong at some point. I raise the question quite mischeiviously because it is more to do with the point of individual beliefs, I am sure most of us here believe in something that isn't true. And some of those beliefs lead us to change our behaviour, what if, just what if you allow a misguided belief to rule aspects of your life, then at the end of it all you finally find out that what you believed in was a load of codswallop. What would you feel about this happening to you?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I'm actually not trying to do anything by asking you questions, other than trying to find the point. Since there are conspiracies happening everyday, I would think your question of people's beliefs is more relevant to something like religious beliefs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join