It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Member of Biden's Gun Control Task Force Has a Son Convicted of Planning School Mass Murder

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Signals

Ah, wonderful, so now parents are held accountable for crimes their children were thinking about committing. So I suppose children are also guilty of the crimes committed or planned by their relatives?

Anyone else see the slippery slope this nonsense is heading down?

No, but I fully support any effort to hold parents liable if the kid does commit one of these crimes and uses weapons owned by the family. If you can't be a responsible enough gun owner to have your weapons locked away in a gun safe, and your kid takes those guns and kills others, then yeah, I think there is some negligence on the parent's part.

If every bar owner a patron visited can be held legally responsible for the actions of a drunk driver, then why not? Even the bar owner that served the first drink of the evening can be held civilly (and sometimes criminally) liable in those cases, depending on state.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one else has a problem with this.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I'm surprised no one else has a problem with this.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

Perhaps your outrage is rooted in political differences you have with the President and the VP?

As a parent, I know that I cannot "control" my children completely. I can help shape and form them the best I can, but eventually they grow up to become what they choose to become and do what they want to do.

So the entire argument that "this man couldn't control his own kid" is completely laughable.

This man has been through an experience that most of us will never know. Any insight he may have could be valuable to an attempt to study the problem. Remember, this task force is not just about "gun control".

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Kudos to Biden for picking people who have some idea of what happens to people and families.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

That's absolutely false, of course Biden's panel is about gun control...

Have you researched who got the 94-04 assault weapons ban passed?

Maybe I'm getting too old for this discussion, but a healthy fear of your parents is GOOD.

You are OK with this "panel member"?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Of course I am OK with this panel. Just like most government panels, nothing will come of it.

They will produce a report with their "findings", which will be filled with mostly opinion, and that will allow the Obama administration to say that they did something.

If you want to worry about something real, keep an eye on Congress. That's where the real threat is, but I'm still not worried about my right to own a gun. Everyone will have their knee-jerk reaction over guns while Sandy Hook is still fresh on the mind, but eventually they will move on to other things.

They are not going to take your guns! It would be suicide for them to try and they know it.

ETA: A healthy fear is not the same as control. Overbearing, hard-ass parents is what causes kids to lash out....seen it too many times.
edit on 8-1-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It's been rumored and even documented in some stories about the Dad's that are in high positions and belong to the "made" men, like for example the bonesmen, and as such have been coerced or allowed their son's to be a part of certain black ops programs.. The project superman comes to mind..

Yes this is just wild speculation on my part, but I'm just tossing it out there... Those military secret ops involve mind control and many other elements so that someone who has sold their soul to these people can repay the debt, and so their son would be used in any possible thing, like a future mass shooting event.

Look at the past ones how they all or mostly involved very well connected and powerful people who's son's all conveniently went nuts officially.. Something to think about at least.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

He could add to the discussion, not only from a LE angle, but also as a parent of a child that was planning to murder others. Perhaps he is able to share what steps his son went through emotionally that led him to that point and share that experience with other parents.

Hmmmm... maybe being raised by a LEO was what set the kid off.....
After all we've see on youtube with the LEO brutality videos.... sounds like highly plausible causation.

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Kudos to Biden for picking people who have some idea of what happens to people and families.

He should pick me then. I was getting robbed one night....at gunpoint...and said to self "Self. What you need is a gun right now". So I wrestled the one from the robbers hands, cracked him in the skull with it and turned it on him. No didnt shoot him.

I told the guy I would just keep his gun and we would call it even.....not call the cops. But someone had already called the cops and they took the gun away from me and took the guy down to the ER with a head injury.

DA tossed out mandatory 5 years.....remember that law?....and the guy took two years even though he had a record.

I have 5 kids.

......true story
edit on 9-1-2013 by Logarock because: n

edit on 9-1-2013 by Logarock because: n

top topics

<< 1   >>

join