It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S05E03 - Ancient Aliens - Alien Power Plants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
New episode of Ancient Aliens..... This week they delve in to the Ancient Power Plant Theories. From Pakistan to Egypt, did our ancient ancestors know how to harness an energy source that we have long forgotten about!

I know, a lot of you don't like this program, so if thats the case, don't watch it! SIMPLE!

Thoughts on this Episode?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, watched this earlyer today.

There is one big problem about the pyramid as a "chemical battery" theory as i see it.

Any chemist knows that acid quickly lose its H+-ion's when it is disolving metals. When the acid disolve the metals, the hydrogenions combine two and two producing hydrogen in gasform as the video also suggest's. However it did not mention that the H+-ions is used in this way pretty quick, removing the potency from the acid and stops the release of hydrogen to the air. They also failed to mention that useually you create heavymetals in some form or another when you disolve metal in acid's. They would have to replace huge amounts of acid-junk and heavymetals from the acidchamber, most likely more than a few times a day to make this possible.

Not saying it is impossible, but does anyone know if there is any old wastedepot's with a unnatural high density of heavymetals near the pyramids?

edit on 5-1-2013 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the video my friend! BTW did you guys know that Filip Coppens from the show recently died?(of angiosarcoma)
May he rest in peace.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I thought the episode was very weak and all over the place. Which the weaker ones tend to be... Could have been much better. Should have delved more into the Baghdad battery.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well, I learned something watching it.
Traces of Zinc and Hydrochloric Acid in the Queen's Chamber ventilation shafts. Interesting stuff. The case gets even stronger for this building being a power generator, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mimir

There is one big problem about the pyramid as a "chemical battery" theory as i see it.

Any chemist knows that acid quickly lose its H+-ion's when it is disolving metals. When the acid disolve the metals, the hydrogenions combine two and two producing hydrogen in gasform as the video also suggest's. However it did not mention that the H+-ions is used in this way pretty quick, removing the potency from the acid and stops the release of hydrogen to the air. They also failed to mention that useually you create heavymetals in some form or another when you disolve metal in acid's. They would have to replace huge amounts of acid-junk and heavymetals from the acidchamber, most likely more than a few times a day to make this possible.

Not saying it is impossible, but does anyone know if there is any old wastedepot's with a unnatural high density of heavymetals near the pyramids?

edit on 5-1-2013 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

Dont confuse people with logic and real science

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I still can't figure out how they are trying to link Tesla's inventions to the Great Pyramids. I agree...their arguments are all over the place.

Btw, these shows are trying to come up with so many theories how these great monuments were built. I bet you anything that the secret is known already how the pyramids and great structures were built, but that is kept TOP SECRET from us as we are told stories and possibilities in order to kill our time with these documentaries.

edit on 5-1-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HopliteStatue

2nd that!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I watched this last night. I got rid of cable a while back, but am staying at my MIL's house, this week.

I thought this was one of the weaker episodes, there have been many other better episodes on, but it was good. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I dunno. It all makes sense. The subterranean chamber with its worn blocks. Corroded copper fittings in the King's Chamber shafts. Zinc and Hydrochloric Acid in the other Queen's Chamber shafts...
It makes sense.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jasonlreeve

i used to love this show...but its the same rehashed info over and over again...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mimir

Like gold perhaps?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jasonlreeve

Yup, thanks, saw it last night on History2. I thought last nights' episode was kinda weak too. I think they rehashed a lot of stuff from previous episodes. I've seen this discussion, especially the Baghdad battery theory on previous episodes, and even the idea of the Giza Pyramid possibly being an ancient power plant. I like Robert Dunn, the British engineer and I think he comes across as credible.

It is an entertainment show, it accomplishes that for me. Otherwise, sometimes it makes me want to research some ideas further, but not last nights episode.

I was sad too, to learn earlier that one of the contributors Phillip Coppens had passed away with his battle with cancer as someone earlier noted.

I also felt this whole concept on the power plant unrealistic!

But it is a fun show to watch
If you want more info on Christopher Dunn
You can find it here!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Well I did make a small mistake in that post...I wrote heavy metals...I meant "heavy salt's"......Im so sorry for that mix...and no you cant make gold in this way, as far as i know of.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
we need to go to the great pyramid and try it out in reality !

but we know that won't be allowed!

i was more interested in Tesla's, wireless energy transmitters. could this invention be one of the suppressed technologies the gov to keep us from?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
As suspected season 5 is a rehash of past glories , they did this a couple of seasons ago .

I guess its easier to just keep repeating the same old stuff than create something new and original , consumers will consume regardless .

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkuzzleButt
we need to go to the great pyramid and try it out in reality !

but we know that won't be allowed!

i was more interested in Tesla's, wireless energy transmitters. could this invention be one of the suppressed technologies the gov to keep us from?

Wouldnt it be better to simply construct a miniature scale pyramid and test it, lol?

Anyway, the are rehashing quite a bit in this episode. Most of it's been debunked earlier (since its a rehash). The rest is strawman arguments that doesnt even make sense.

They are even arguing against each themselves - first that ancient Indian city was destroyed by a nuclear bomb, now its suddenly "wiped out" by a nuclear meltdown.

All conjecture, no evidence whatsoever.
edit on 6-1-2013 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

funny you mention the "miniature" i was going to say that that in my post originally but never mentioned it in the end t, but yes that would be a good idea!
edit on 6-1-2013 by SkuzzleButt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wasiti11

Exactly

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

Wouldnt it be better to simply construct a miniature scale pyramid and test it, lol?

Wow... that is actually a logical, well thought out idea you have there....

In a pyramid power thread, at that.... lol

<<   2 >>

join