It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can Disclosure Help Sheeple?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It's well known that more and more people are staying single longer. Single means unmarried with no kids. These are fairly intelligent, often hard-working, perfectly healthy individuals. They delay having kids (delay marriage). Or they never want to have kids at all for some intellectual reason. They risk or ignore the fertility years. Some are too smart, too individually capable, too independent — and just too damn picky for their own good.

Concurrently, there are many generations of marriage-focused rituals, groups and lifestyles. These are the churches, schools, clubs, debutant balls, office parties, college parties, joining the military, hanging out at military bases, etc. There are countless social organizations where members "belong." They're increasing in both variety and reach.

Grandparents and parents alike encourage their eligible kids to be social, befriend similar-minded youngsters, join proper organizations — essentially keep up with the Joneses and not lose face. It becomes not only encouraged behavior, but generation after generation there's really no other way to reproduce and pass on the same traditions. There's no other conceivable life!

Add it all up and the predominant population becomes a bunch of social groupies, joiners, belongers, faithful followers — Sheeple!

Voila! This is the future!

As if it isn't already here and now. Sheeple are outbreeding the independent thinkers! You got some unique ideas? Shut up and take it to your grave. "We don't like" (and it must feel so comforting and protected to say "we" instead of "I").

Witness the modern evolution of the human species!

Question is, how in the world (in THIS SHEEPLE WORLD) can a radical concept like extraterrestrials ever be disclosed and gain traction?!

[This not so much a rhetorical question or topic — please slap me with a better truth]

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I think you wrongly equate intelligence and understanding with a life of no kids or marriage.

Humans are social by nature. It keeps us sane and enlightened to things going on around us. Just because some of us decide to procreate and marry does not mean we are not privy to our surroundings, nor do we fall for the "white picket fence" idea of existence.

Extraterrestrials are already part of our everyday lives, but you and I will not believe it until the spaceship lands on the White House lawn.

You are no different than the "sheeple", you just live your life based on different ideals.
edit on 30-12-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I think you assume much.

Some people's motivation for financial success, traditional relationships and marriage is happiness. Traditional families & having funds to fulfill things like vacations and nice cars and nice homes...they seem to successfully provide this for most people. There are exceptions of course but, single people eventually get old. Once your looks are gone, quality relationships are out the door. And money or possessions seem pointless when you ave no one worth sharing them with. I suggest you watch the movie "Into The Wild". Great movie based on a true story.

I'm just saying...lots of people you refer to as "Sheeple" are perfectly happy and well adjusted individuals who are socially functional. Many quite smart.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The smartest man I've ever known never had kids. But he helped
raise me and my brother, and played a big role in who i am
today, for which i am eternally grateful.
But, i saw how the "stupid people were breeding", thanks
Religion!!!! No worries, my son us due in April.
You ATSers get on it. We need free thinkers!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
there will not be any "disclosure" because people worldwide are not prepared for it. it would cause mass hysteria, panic and consequently chaos. have you not read the brookings report?

what about the prank of the war of the worlds?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I think you wrongly equate intelligence and understanding with a life of no kids or marriage.

Humans are social by nature. It keeps us sane and enlightened to things going on around us. Just because some of us decide to procreate and marry does not mean we are not privy to our surroundings, nor do we fall for the "white picket fence" idea of existence.

Extraterrestrials are already part of our everyday lives, but you and I will not believe it until the spaceship lands on the White House lawn.

You are no different than the "sheeple", you just live your life based on different ideals.
edit on 30-12-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

I'm thinking of human evolution lately. Evolution in other (non abstract-thinking) animals involve mutation and NATURAL selection. But in human evolution, there's the supremely prevalent social-psychological PERSONAL selection. Mix this with the various theories of human brain shrinking, genome deterioration, humans getting dumber (the links are in the other threads) — and you get the next human evolution!

Once certain social norms are breeded out, they are impossible to get back! Closed-mindedness seem to be a lifelong character trait.

You also seem to have made a contradictory statement in "You are no different than the "sheeple", you just live your life based on different ideals."

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
I think you assume much.

Some people's motivation for financial success, traditional relationships and marriage is happiness. Traditional families & having funds to fulfill things like vacations and nice cars and nice homes...they seem to successfully provide this for most people. There are exceptions of course but, single people eventually get old. Once your looks are gone, quality relationships are out the door. And money or possessions seem pointless when you ave no one worth sharing them with. I suggest you watch the movie "Into The Wild". Great movie based on a true story.

I'm just saying...lots of people you refer to as "Sheeple" are perfectly happy and well adjusted individuals who are socially functional. Many quite smart.

No doubt they're happy. Their success and happiness will perpetuate. That's how they competitively outbreed.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
1. This is ATS. You don't have to link the word sheeple to a wikipedia page. We know what it means.
2. Please, stop using the word sheeple. It isn't cool. Never was.
3. What you're saying is that people who have kids are part of the problem?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
there will not be any "disclosure" because people worldwide are not prepared for it. it would cause mass hysteria, panic and consequently chaos. have you not read the brookings report?

what about the prank of the war of the worlds?

Exactly! I'm not hopeful of disclosure regardless. Chaos! Rioting! Worldwide collapse! And why?

I have not read that Brookings report (yet, so thanks for the mention).

Now just thinking on a tangent. Maybe I shouldn't?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
1. This is ATS. You don't have to link the word sheeple to a wikipedia page. We know what it means.
2. Please, stop using the word sheeple. It isn't cool. Never was.
3. What you're saying is that people who have kids are part of the problem?

I will only reply to your #3, as I will defiantly ignore your #1 and #2.

And my reply is no. That's not what I said. Nor what I mean. Which sentence of mine exactly do you have comment?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

I think you make some interesting points here. If I may though, I think your analysis of the problem is right on. I disagree with the cause. I've never met a Home Schooled child that wouldn't tell me I'm wrong if they thought I was. Conversely, I've rarely met a public school raised child or teenager for that matter ...who WILL tell me I'm wrong, even if I plainly am. (Real World...not online..lol) It's almost humorous to suggest that comes as a matter of 'respect for elders'. I think that idea was losing 'respect' when I was a kid and being told that.

It's not about schools or which one...but the mindset instilled and that happens to be the highest exposure to it for most these days ..although society does it's part too.

The bottom line though is that, in my opinion, Kids are taught from 1st grade these days that to misbehave is a serious offense in even a minor way. To have something like a fist fight (no big deal in the big picture sense when I was in school) can bring arrest and a police record to even a child. Non-conformity can mean dispatch to the 'continuation school' as it was called when I was in..and I'm not sure where my Son's district hides their drop-out school, but I am sure they have one here somewhere. It's existence was mentioned as a near threat to my classes a time or two. I've also noticed suspension is handed out so casually these days, it's almost absurd. In-School of course, which may be why.

let kids be kids and find their own path within general guidelines. That is a first step in my opinion. They aren't guidelines these days, they are narrow stone passages with armed guards and Obey written every few feet that must travel. They may grow to be happy...but happy is a relative term when viewed from outside, eh?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I'm struggling to see any kind of message here, I'm seeing what could be described as ignorant observations of someone who thinks they are ahead of the curve.

But, you're not, your social commentary is way off the mark by virtue of how single minded it is.

Calling people sheeple is the act of a sheep in itself.

Sorry to be blunt, but I think it needed to be said.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Au contraire to popular belief...

THEY have already been "disclosed".

Originally posted by The GUT
I didn't wanna believe it either but after more than 30 years of my own research, a very up-close and personal sighting, a stint in the New Age community, and much thought, the hypothesis that best fits the UFO phenomenon is, imo, that those little stinking, lying buggers ARE demons.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Here's the problem with calling people "sheeple" all the time.

A. Shouldnt it be sheople??

B. You tend to lose the attention of the smart folks out there...and subsequently any chance of informed disussi....... yawn

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I'm struggling to see any kind of message here, I'm seeing what could be described as ignorant observations of someone who thinks they are ahead of the curve.

But, you're not, your social commentary is way off the mark by virtue of how single minded it is.

Calling people sheeple is the act of a sheep in itself.

Sorry to be blunt, but I think it needed to be said.

If I may rebuttal back, what exactly did I say that makes you think I believe I'm ahead of the curve? What makes you think that I'm not suicidal as a result? Or faking it 'til making it like any other sheeple? (like the accusation of others here)

I always appreciate bluntness, so thank you. But I don't see any logic or reasoning when you say, "...your social commentary is way off the mark by virtue of how single minded it is. Calling people sheeple is the act of a sheep in itself."

It seems contradictory by definition of single-mindedness.
edit on 30-12-2012 by FormerSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

B. You tend to lose the attention of the smart folks out there...and subsequently any chance of informed disussi....... yawn

A. That's exactly why I made the wikipedia link. Thanks for providing an example to ZeroReady's problem #1

B. How exactly? Are you saying the smart folks get offended because they know that they are actually sheeple? It sounds self-contradictory to me.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

It's single minded..because it's single minded.

I know single people who aren't hard working, intelligent etc etc and on the flip side I know people who have families who are extremely intelligent, outspoken and are free thinkers.

And this is just in my small world.

What I'm trying to say is that you can't label people, they don't fall into the categories that you're trying to make up for them.

As for what makes me think you believe you're ahead of the curve?

The fact that you call people sheeple for a start.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic

A. That's exactly why I made the wikipedia link. Thanks for providing an example to ZeroReady's problem #1

B. How exactly? Are you saying the smart folks get offended because they know that they are actually sheeple? It sounds self-contradictory to me.

No, we don't get offended... We just are able to predict things too easily, like the over use of emoticons... ( or that you would have attempted to use the fact that I said we against me)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

As for what makes me think you believe you're ahead of the curve?

The fact that you call people sheeple for a start.

That's fair enough of a judgment — if I didn't say anything else.

If nothing prefaced the name calling, it would definitely be snotty and stupid. I agree.

But I did say a whole lot to lead into it. Didn't you read? Or were you blind sided by the accusation?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

No, we don't get offended... We just are able to predict things too easily, like the over use of emoticons... ( or that you would have attempted to use the fact that I said we against me)

This is the most hilarious comment yet!

I'm just going to go to bed with it because it makes me smile again, therefore

[ perhaps I should hint that there's an ulterior motive for a topic like this. It's too bad sheeple, no I MEAN PEOPLE are taking it as an offense ]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join