It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~WARNING~ Protect Your 4th Amendment Rights! (Magic Lantern, Palladium, FBI Keyloggers)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I did a search on here, ATS, and I have found something that has not been covered enough AT ALL. Links will be posted below. Please read.

I'm 99.999 percent positive that the FBI has, at one point, installed keyloggers and have spied on anyone that owns a computer, especially a Windows based PC. Even Linux is vulnerable. This is SERIOUS. The only thing I have found, on here, and other sites, is a brief mention of "Palladium" and "Magic Lantern". I want to tell you now that I don't want to over-hype this; but they attacked me just today.

I'm not a computer technician, nor am I well versed in hacking or any other such activity, but the FBI was able to use this very same Super Spyware to bust key members of Anonymous, among other key hacking groups.

Norton Anti-Virus is very dangerous and having that makes you a very easy target, especially if you question TPTB in anyway. I've never liked that program and I don't use it, but I'm still vulnerable, and so are you.

I don't download things and I only play a few Facebook games here and there, and I certainly don't have anything to hide from the FBI. But I can tell you that my computer has been "acting strange", to say the least, the pat few days. For instance, when I have powered on recently I have noticed that it's super slow to load. I keep my computer fresh and clean all the time and my computer use is so routine the slow load up made my spidey sense tingle. Then, when it finally gets to my start up screen, a command prompt window mysteriously pops up and my screen glitched out before returning to my desktop screen. Now, I have seen computer savvy friends of mine talk about how opening a command prompt window is how hackers execute a majority of programs and whatnot.

It alarmed me but I have no fear of their attacks. I realize that they just hate that I want to expose them and they have been extra aggressive lately, especially when I began questioning the recent movie theater and school shootings.

I joined ATS after being a long time lurker because of those recent events. I have done more personal research and digging that no other person (besides some fine folk here on this site) would want to do unless they were getting paid. The rabbit hole is deeper than I ever thought.

They are installing rootkits on your computer! Nobody is safe.

Microsoft's new 'Palladium' security system may be the greatest ever threat to freedom of speech on the internet.

Link

Magic Lantern

FBI File

Great link about protecting your rights.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

There's many a group that'll put a trojan or virus on your machine and it not be the FBI, DIA, NSA or any other TLA.

We get McAfee for free, also AVG. You can get AVG for free, it works pretty well, if you add in search and destroy it's pretty thorough. I absolutely don't recommend Norton.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Just a friendly heads up... Facebook and FB games are probably the biggest threat to your privacy that you've mentioned so far.

Download a good, free process manager and you can track whatever is running on your PC - even hidden processes. A packet sniffer will alert you if your PC is communicating with anything you don't want it to.

Having said that? If you're online, whatever you're typing/posting/sending - in any form? That's all in the pipeline and they don't need to have access to your keyboard or PC to have access to that. They already monitor the pipeline.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks for the heads up! What are the names of the programs that you speak of? And I'm guessing they tried to enter my hard drive to see if I had anything they could use against me in some way, especially after my visiting all types of government sites recently. I changed my facebook password because I logged in yesterday and noticed that it said I answered a quiz on "Quiz Monster" and I know I did not click anything like that. I only play "Battle Pirates" (Good game, worth mentioning). I started getting suspicious after that, before the weird command prompt and the fact that I went to run a DskChk to find issues and it failed because of "a recently installed program" which is bull because it's been months since I last installed anything, and that was a legal copy of Battlefield 1942.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The answer to that depends upon your OS and version.

Just search "best free task manager ( with your OS and version )" and "best free packet sniffer (network traffic analyzers - either or ) - ( your OS and version ).

When the results come up, tend to read the ones dated as recently as possible and from sources like PCmag or tech blogs.

Another hint. If anything you click on, after finding and deciding, tries to make you download a "download manager" to get it? Go back to the well. Those things will tend install more spyware/hijackware/junk on your system than you can dream of.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Just because you got some type of malicious program on your computer doesn't mean it's the FBI hacking you or spying on you or anything. All kinds of people do that and the chances it was the FBI are just about zero considering if they WERE doing it, you wouldn't have a clue.

I also second Heff on FB games being one of the leads on malware.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Thanks a lot!
I'll add those to my "arsenal". I use CCleaner, Malwarebytes and the best one of them all, Advanced Systemcare 6.0 made by Iobit. Those kept me safe until this recent attack I guess.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

I'm pretty sure they (FBI, whoever) were remotely messing with me. If you check out my other posts and realize what I'm trying to expose, you might understand. No other entity would want to hack me, my only enemies are TPTB.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
In recent weeks I have had various malware on my pc as well as experienced my webcam coming on....but I have no idea who it was. If there are black ops at work with any of the recent tragedies I doubt that the average cyber guy for one of the alphabet agencies would be briefed on it (too compartmentalized).

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
You do understand that all of the links provided argue against what you are saying? Don't you?

Link 1 "Microsoft Palladium" was shelved years ago due to lack of interest by computer manufacturers and renamed/reused as The Next-Generation Secure Computing Base or NGSCB. It has not been implemented into any Windows Operating System

Link 2 Magic Lantern is used as a de-crypting tool for PGP programs involving email encryption. It has never been used for fear of discovery or eventual usage by hackers who could use it for nefarious purposes.

Link 3 Yes the FBI uses many methods to intercept potential threats, ie. terrorists, hackers, etc. But in this case it was a Search Warrant specifically stating that "This warrant does not seek authorization to obtain the content of any electronic communications" Also the warrant was issued and they found a disk that uses CIPAV(Computer and Internet Protocol Address Verifier) which is a nasty little form of spyware. Another wannabe hacker busted!

Link 4 There is some really great information here but I also noticed a twitch of paranoia in the writing. What you are talking about has little to do with 4th amendment rights in that a proper search warrant must be administered prior to use.

All in all your OP is weak and you mostly misunderstand what you are trying to say!

My suggestion is encrypt your hard drive, use free antivirus and unless you are a criminal, don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
You had me going up to this point...

I only play a few Facebook games here and there,

This part substantially lowers your credibility in threads about privacy issues...even when you're the OP

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
it's not the FBI.

Nobody targets computers specifically or for a reason, its a numbers game/attack of opportunity. you got done because your security was not up to scratch and because you play facebook games.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Just a friendly heads up... Facebook and FB games are probably the biggest threat to your privacy that you've mentioned so far.

Download a good, free process manager and you can track whatever is running on your PC - even hidden processes. A packet sniffer will alert you if your PC is communicating with anything you don't want it to.

Having said that? If you're online, whatever you're typing/posting/sending - in any form? That's all in the pipeline and they don't need to have access to your keyboard or PC to have access to that. They already monitor the pipeline.

~Heff

If the FBI is sending out viruses dont you think they would bypass most of these protection type programs? When they are discovered do you think the FBI is going to let virus protection software company's detect it?
A couple of months ago the FBI released a memo telling every one to download something off their site witch told you if you had keyloggers. So many people on this site fell for it.

If not the FBI the CIA or some supper secret computer sector of our massive government. Its kind of stupid to think they would not be logging every thing you do with your computer. They do it in every other aspect of our life. They store our phone calls, track us on traffic cams, store emails and internet POST of coarse they know what programs are open on your computer and what you are using that program for. They probably use this information like we are lab rats.

I can only imagine the computing power they have. Billions of emails are sent out a day and they are all saved. I know emails do not take up that much space but billions EVERY DAY. At least for the past 10 years. They must have a retarded amount of hard drives(witch seems very impractical for storing that much information) either that or they have created some amazing tech via our billions of dollars in tax money. USA spends more money on the military then any other country 700billion. China is 2nd and they have a budget of 150billion. WHAT THE HELL IS OUR MILITARY DOING!!! Cant for get about the black op classified sector I bet they have even more.
edit on 27-12-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I only read your news article. I did not see the connections you made. It seems that Microsoft is following Apple's business model of retarding application installation by re-orienting the process towards master lists (think App store). My guess is the stake holders are the same people behind the SOPA/PIPA, as it seems to be going after "unauthorized" items, which could mean anything from malware to unlicensed software.

Since they'll be building it with networked devices in mind, I suspect their idea is for a kerberos-type system with MS as the ticket-issuer.
edit on 27-12-2012 by GreenGlassDoor because: Me no spell

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Check out CIPAV (computer and internet protocol address verifier):

The CIPAV then settles into a silent "pen register" mode, in which it lurks on the target computer and monitors its internet use, logging the IP address of every computer to which the machine connects for up to 60 days.

Source

I want to credit ATS user diqiushiwojia for posting this article, which lead me to further research this issue.

ATS thread about FBI monitoring the Occupy Movement

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The FBI doesn't go putting spyware into peoples machines... When they are curious and feel nosy they become the ghost in the machine, so to speak and don't leave a foot print unless they choose to. It's not skill but method and what methods consumer products scan for or even have things designed to detect vs what just slips right under the radar.

Someone serious about researching this might also look into TEMPEST. Its a touchy little name and it'll take some time to get solid and documented stuff ....but the bottom line at the end includes the old CRT monitors being monitored by the energy they emitted among other things. Rumor has it, your typing also strikes unique sounds on the different keys. Not unique enough for a person ... but computers beat anything that's ever lived for pattern recognition and assessment. Almost instantly these days. Ghosts.... poof.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

I already know Facebook is bad about privacy, the fact that I play Facebook games certainly does not discredit me. I have nothing to hide, that's why I really don't care. Fear and paranoia are counterproductive to leading a fulfilling life. I'm just relaying FACTS about what I've researched and experienced.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I'm wondering when the suits will show up at my house myself; what with all the # I talk about them on Facebook

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
reply to post by rival

I already know Facebook is bad about privacy, the fact that I play Facebook games certainly does not discredit me. I have nothing to hide, that's why I really don't care. Fear and paranoia are counterproductive to leading a fulfilling life. I'm just relaying FACTS about what I've researched and experienced.

Your computer load times depend on your hard drive. Your hard drive has moving parts that spin REALLY fast and they are only mm apart. Over a short period of time hard drives do get slow. Load time for any device depends on the speed and quality of the hard drive.

As far as the Government tracking you. Like I said in my other post OF COARSE THEY ARE!!! and they are not going to leave a trace behind. They wear tracking the first time you turned on your computer. MICROSOFT LOVES THE GOVERNMENT, because the Government hooks em up because Microsoft does not cross them. See where im going with this?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
You don't need an Antivirus to protect yourself. All you need is a really thorough up-to-date custom hosts file. I have one with over 30,000 blacklisted domains and I've never had a problem with my PC or browsing experience once. No AV running either.

<<   2 >>

join