It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs in the Heavens: Ray of Light Across Skies of Brazil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Firstly, I wasn't sure what forum was the appropriate forum, but here we are.

I really don't know what this is, but maybe the sharp minds on ATS can figure this out.

SIGNS IN THE HEAVENS: Absolutely Stunning and Phenominal Ray of Light Acroos the Skies Over Brazil.

December 26, 2012 - BRAZIL - According to the newspaper The Paraná, rays of light appeared in the sky anomalous City Palotina, PR, on Monday evening (December 17th).

James Testa, a resident of the community of Corner Progress recorded the event and photo material would have drawn attention to the SIMEPAR to perform further analysis.

The light was first sighted by the father of James: "He told me that at first thought it was a light gun, but realized that as time passed, the light grew more intense, it was then that I decided to shoot"

The phenomenon remained in the sky for 10 minutes and then disappeared. James Testa says he had never seen anything like it. At first sight it might be a red ball, which would have drawn the attention of observers.

But before anyone talk that was only the sunset, see what was written in the original story: "Many said it was the sunshine, but it is impossible, because the image appeared to 20:15 where the sun rises and not where it goes down."

Source

VIDEO OF EVENT:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I found this real interesting when i stumbled across it online, I have no idea what it could be, perhaps its just the sunset at its full glory, a accurate gap between the clouds giving it it's effects of what we see...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

that is pretty odd! sun is clearly setting in the opposite direction. the light doesn't seem to change much in the few minutes of the video.

i don't have any ideas as to what it might be though. stumped.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

OP, whatever that is its a very interesting find and thanks for posting it..
that's what I like to see the unexplainable of the natural/cosmic flavor..
Again, nice

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

That's pretty insane... I'm not a religious man, so I'm not sure what to believe with the signs of heaven in your title. But interesting nevertheless. I'm guessing that someone will come to this thread to educate us all on which "natural" phenomenon it is.

S & F OP... Nice find!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thats just plain weird. I have no idea, but it is interesting that the color of the light matches the color of the sunset.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I blame,,,Freddie Mercury and his Magic Hoover

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
So let me get this straight....

It's at sunset, and a light appears in the sky, that looks like sunlight, in the apparent opposite direction of the sun... which can't be proven, and only one person saw this happening?

I think we're looking at a brazillian sunset here.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
Thats just plain weird. I have no idea, but it is interesting that the color of the light matches the color of the sunset.

it is. even if it is just the colour of the sunlight/sunset passing/reflecting through the cloud cover.

likely a rather 'rare' or not-so-common occurrence that those who witnessed should feel somewhat 'special' for having had the opportunity.

Sure hope they did.

edit on 12/26/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Apparently this happened in Canada last year as well... Link got censored but here is a pic...

edit on 26-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

Geoff Coulson, a meteorologist from Environment Canada, says there was nothing unusual about the lights. The unusual part was the atmosphere.

The phenomenon is known as a trumpet pillar, because it often shows up as a tall column that widens at the top, like the mouth of a trumpet. It happens most often in clear, cold air, because that's when ice crystals form and hang in the air, close to the ground. Under some conditions, ice crystals can also cause us to see a ring around the moon.

source would be censored but considering that this was just an explanation of the phenomenon I hope it can stay up.

ETA

India

Unspecified

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
So let me get this straight....

It's at sunset, and a light appears in the sky, that looks like sunlight, in the apparent opposite direction of the sun... which can't be proven, and only one person saw this happening?

I think we're looking at a brazillian sunset here.

The filmer pans the video around to clearly see the sunset on opposite side of the sky...the strange light is not the sunset but some sort of bent sunlight reflection, not sure what, but it's obviously sunlight because it does appear to be same color.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Dont get me wrong, it appears to be a totally different light source, but whatever that source is, it would seem to emit light in the same spectrum (am i using the right terminology?) as the sun for it to have the same effect on the atmosphere. I could be wrong, but thats where my mind goes.
edit on 26-12-2012 by nunya13 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by unphased

I think those are called light pillars created by ice crystals in the atmosphere and seen mostly at night.

This is a daytime picture. The only thing I can think of is some sort a light refraction from the sun, but can't wrap my head around how it happens or how it could be so bright.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I think the Brazil light looks totally different. In your pics, you can tell there is a lot of moisture in the air and its apparently cold enough to form crystals that would produce the effect. The fact thiat they are far north makes sense.

In the Brazil pic, there are fluffy clouds in an otherwise clear sky/atmosphere. Brazil is in the south which is generally warm right now. Also the light emitted looks nothing like the lights in those pics.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
likely a rather 'rare' or not-so-common occurrence that those who witnessed should feel somewhat 'special' for having had the opportunity.

Sure hope they did.

Well, I can tell you that one of the two dudes took the car stop opportunity to go relieve his bladder

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Its the brightness that gets me too. I don't see how, if it were some strange effect, it could start bright at the sun, fade out up towards the sky, and then start to get brighter again while the width of the emission shrinks as well.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Dont get me wrong, it appears to be a totally different light source,...

and my only 'uneducated on the subject' manner or explanation would be that the color similarities in the various clouds is simply due to they, all lights/colors, being of and from the same light source - the sun[set].

refracting, reflecting, passing through ... and back, even.

dunno. just saying. that's the best i can/could do to try and eplain the 'phenomenon posted here.

$.02

* though i'm quite cetain another fellow member will come round shortly and sort it all out in due time and proepr fashion.

always, and only, on ATS.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Sorry, you can clearly see these two phenomena are not the same... did you even watch the video???

I am amazed, this is beautiful and eerie at the same time!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
i was wondering if it has its own light source (not sure what the source would be)... and it might not be exactly the same color as the sun, would it be possible that it might seem the same color due to the sun also shining/polluting this other light with its own light?

if it was sunlight.. would it be feasible for it to be an object in earths orbit that was on the "underside" of the earth relative to brazil - reflecting back up? i know thats far-fetched.. just trying to wrap my head around it.

i also made the observation that it does not appear to be like any trumpet phenomena

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
interesting!

It's definitely not 'light pillars' and the sun is obviously in the other direction..

What makes me think it has something to do with sunlight besides the colour, is the fact taht it is exactly (or appears to be) 180 degrees from the sun.

could it be that there is some kind of dish reflector/lens on the horizon concentrating the sunlight and reflecting it into a beam?
edit on 27-12-2012 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join