It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a gun owner and support the 2nd amendment...and yes I'll protect you too

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment. I make no apologies for my rigid stance. When debating with others, I'll make a few important points and then it's something you either understand and respect or you don't. I will look at you with the same concern and disappointment a father sees in a naive ignorant child that thinks they know better and dismisses your wisdom.

You should know that hunting and self defense are not the reasons we have the 2nd amendment. Maintaining an armed citizenry allows us to defend against and give pause to tyrannical governments that would just as soon strip you of all power, privacy and resources for any given reason at any given time. History is full of examples of how disarming the population is a crucial step in gaining control.

Any excuse will be used, even now, we are one catastrophe away from martial law and the end of "civilization" as you know it. After Katrina, government knocked on doors, striped citizens of their weapons at gunpoint and then left them to fend for themselves. Thousands were locked in the super dome where people were raped, robbed and even killed, helpless to stop it. It happened, it's not a theoretical scenario, it's all too real for those that went through it and it should serve as a warning. What do you think would happen on a national scale? You've seen what happens even when resources get a little scarce, people get very ugly very quickly.

Contrary to what many believe, government is not here to protect you, they are here to control you. We've already tolerated far too much from government. Nazi style "where are your papers" when traveling, and soon to be expanded random checkpoints and searches, warrant-less everything all in the name of whatever cause or boogeyman. None of us wanted any of these wars, ridiculous laws or the myriad of other things government has imposed on us, yet here they are, right in your face. The "power" of elections is being given nothing but bad choices from a rigged system and then being told you have yourself to blame for the problems that "choice" brings.

Will there be more tragic gun violence in the future? Probably. Is it worth destroying a nation of hundreds of millions and the remaining freedom it fought so hard for? No, it is not. Freedom has a price, you enjoy all the benefits it brings, and in turn you have to endure some of the pain. You don't sacrifice freedom for safety or eventually you'll have neither. That's not just some antiquated phrase to be selectively ignored by people who have no real sense of self reliance.

But the real point I want to make is that no matter your view. When and if the time comes, people like me will be defending not only those that supported the 2nd amendment, but yes, even you that would fight against our rights today. In the end, you are my brothers. When criminals come, either in jackboots or gang colors, I'll fight for you, your family and anyone else.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Thank you.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I agree fully.

I conceal carry and if in a position to save someones life I will not even ask their political views before doing so.

Your welcome libs.....

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

When and if the time comes, people like me will be defending not only those that supported the 2nd amendment, but yes, even you that would fight against our rights today. In the end, you are my brothers. When criminals come, either in jackboots or gang colors, I'll fight for you, your family and anyone else.

Then you do several of us a disservice...

Many of those that would "fight against our rights', will resort to extremes themselves and NOT in your favor.

When it does come time chief, your gonna need to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff...otherwise you aid the enemy, as a line will indeed be drawn.

Appreciate the rest of it though...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

I think that he is defending "those that know not what they do" (the naive not the real detractors)....at least that is how I would treat it.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

I am a card carrying Liberal and a Concealed Carry Permit holder.....I don't need YOUR help or your sarcasm! But because you are a Green Bay fan all is forgiven!

OP I agree wholeheartedly and will be next to you with extra clips!

edit on 26-12-2012 by redbarron626 because: because Green Bay IS Football(in America that is)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

When and if the time comes, people like me will be defending not only those that supported the 2nd amendment, but yes, even you that would fight against our rights today. In the end, you are my brothers. When criminals come, either in jackboots or gang colors, I'll fight for you, your family and anyone else.

Then you do several of us a disservice...

Many of those that would "fight against our rights', will resort to extremes themselves and NOT in your favor.

When it does come time chief, your gonna need to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff...otherwise you aid the enemy, as a line will indeed be drawn.

Appreciate the rest of it though...

I have to agree here. The people who willingly give up their guns and/or welcome tyranny with open arms are as much the enemy as the perpetrators. They will rat you out in a heartbeat. They will be in the way.

edit on 26-12-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
There are many of us in Washington st. who agree with you .License to carry concealed pistol & A Member
of Washington st. Arms Collectors # 90257

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I do not suffer fools easily, but I will still join you and protect them. Naivety is not a crime

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't think I'd defend the anti gunners in a shtf.
I have food stores to keep MY family and friends alive.
I am truly sorry for those who did not prep for theirs.
But as someone above mentioned separating the wheat from chaff.
The strong will survive and the weak probably won't.
Let those who are willing to stand by their "ideas and morals" go ahead and walk into the cattle car.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Just look at what happened in Australia. They banned guns and the crime rate went up 46% the first year.

Their murder rate stayed the same they still have home invasions they lost the ability to protect themselves. They still have drive byes and a huge drug problem.

In America we loosened Concealed carry laws and crime across the board dropped over 30%.

Case closed.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

As a rabid Green Bay fan myself, I think your avi is absolutely amazing, "the pack" have been my team since the first time I ever saw Favre throw a ball 80 yards.l

I will also be with you guys defending the loony " hey lets give up our ability to defend ourselves and assume our corrupt .gov will do whats best for us, as they have a very long and distinguished track record proving they have nothing but our best intentions in mind with every thing they do" crowd, too bad soooooooooo many of them are fools, they would have made good allies, as they have already shown their ability to follow blindly, if only they were not blindly following the wrong people.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
I'm a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment. I make no apologies for my rigid stance. When debating with others, I'll make a few important points and then it's something you either understand and respect or you don't. I will look at you with the same concern and disappointment a father sees in a naive ignorant child that thinks they know better and dismisses your wisdom.

You should know that hunting and self defense are not the reasons we have the 2nd amendment. Maintaining an armed citizenry allows us to defend against and give pause to tyrannical governments that would just as soon strip you of all power, privacy and resources for any given reason at any given time. History is full of examples of how disarming the population is a crucial step in gaining control.

Any excuse will be used, even now, we are one catastrophe away from martial law and the end of "civilization" as you know it. After Katrina, government knocked on doors, striped citizens of their weapons at gunpoint and then left them to fend for themselves. Thousands were locked in the super dome where people were raped, robbed and even killed, helpless to stop it. It happened, it's not a theoretical scenario, it's all too real for those that went through it and it should serve as a warning. What do you think would happen on a national scale? You've seen what happens even when resources get a little scarce, people get very ugly very quickly.

Contrary to what many believe, government is not here to protect you, they are here to control you. We've already tolerated far too much from government. Nazi style "where are your papers" when traveling, and soon to be expanded random checkpoints and searches, warrant-less everything all in the name of whatever cause or boogeyman. None of us wanted any of these wars, ridiculous laws or the myriad of other things government has imposed on us, yet here they are, right in your face. The "power" of elections is being given nothing but bad choices from a rigged system and then being told you have yourself to blame for the problems that "choice" brings.

Will there be more tragic gun violence in the future? Probably. Is it worth destroying a nation of hundreds of millions and the remaining freedom it fought so hard for? No, it is not. Freedom has a price, you enjoy all the benefits it brings, and in turn you have to endure some of the pain. You don't sacrifice freedom for safety or eventually you'll have neither. That's not just some antiquated phrase to be selectively ignored by people who have no real sense of self reliance.

But the real point I want to make is that no matter your view. When and if the time comes, people like me will be defending not only those that supported the 2nd amendment, but yes, even you that would fight against our rights today. In the end, you are my brothers. When criminals come, either in jackboots or gang colors, I'll fight for you, your family and anyone else.

Well...what the hell are you waiting for then??

You've seen the videotape where the CIA murdered a sitting US President in broad daylight 49 years ago...right?
From what I understand...the bad guys are located in Langley, Virginia.

Why has the NRA not stormed the compound yet?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Good God man, this was absolutely EPIC.

I wanted to highlight a few lines that really stuck out but after I got to the end, there was no way I could choose.

If this doesnt wake people up, I dont know what will.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I support the 2nd amendment but the Rambo threads are getting very old on ATS. I'm sure your shotguns, Ar-15s and 40 cals will stop a M1Abrams with a barrage of .50 cal lead headed your way. :/

I stand 100% behind the 2nd amendment!

That being said!! Why do people always brag about owning guns on my Facebook and ATS? You are in America most people have guns. People should stop making comments like lock n loaded and ready or we are cleaning our guns. Owning a gun doesn't make you special or a bad ass. Anyone can own a gun it DOES NOT VERIFY YOUR MANHOOD. But the majority of American citizens cant run a couple of miles or pull themselves over a wall.

People bragging about there arsenals and preparedness just make sane gun owners look like gun crazy John Wayne wannabes

Also while I own a few firearms of the non assault rifle type im just waiting on you guys who are more armed than me with 3-4 Ar15s and a dozen more guns with thousands of rounds to go overthrow this corrupt government. All this talk and no action what ya'll waiting on? Ill be behind you with my lowly 9mm as soon as you Rambos with your over-sized arsenals make the first move on DC

Originally posted by g146541

The strong will survive and the weak probably won't.
Let those who are willing to stand by their "ideas and morals" go ahead and walk into the cattle car.

Buying a gun doesn't verify your manhood nor does it make one strong :/

edit on 27-12-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I posted your post on my facebook, I'm with you

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Fascinating.

As a non-American I often read your arguments "for" your 2nd amendmentwith the tyrannical govt and standing up to them.

Let's say things go to pot and the US govt decides, for whatever laughable reason, to "take over" its own citizens by force and round you up into controlled camps. You and your armed beer-swigging buddies say, "Nuh uh, not on my watch" - you grab your assault rifle(s) and...do....what? What do you do?

Please explain how your armed militias/citizens, with their paltry automatic weapons, rifles and handguns, will stand up to your govt using their own Armed Forces, with their tanks, explosives, helicopters, jets, drones, and highly trained soldiers, coordinated by advanced telcomms, satelites and hundreds of other highly advanced bits of kit the citizens DO NOT have.

I always love hearing this argument because, no matter how "noble" or patriotic you aim to be, you will be crushed, instantly, by your govt. For all your armed citizens, you will be nothing against an organised army.

At that point, when you guys are lying face down, you can chant your Heston mantra, "I'll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands".
edit on 27-12-2012 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2012 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

It's not that they they still have home invasions, they never knew what a home invasion was until they ban guns.
All crime went up and new crime started, I guess taking away peoples guns worked. (for the criminals)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Please explain how your armed militias/citizens, with their paltry automatic weapons, rifles and handguns, will stand up to your govt using their own Armed Forces, with their tanks, explosives, helicopters, jets, drones, and highly trained soldiers, coordinated by advanced telcomms, satelites and hundreds of other highly advanced bits of kit the citizens DO NOT have.
reply to post by noonebutme

Why do people still think that our military would come after us?
We are our military, is a soldier going to round up his/her family?
Would other Americans put up with that?

No, it would be a lot different, maybe smaller UN forces trying to get "terrorist", or some other bull crap they would have to think of. The way you are thinking can still happen, but it would be called a revolution and half of them military soldiers would be on our side.

ETA: BTW I see nothing wrong with fighting for your rights,life, and freedom. Unlike so many other countries that gave up their rights, most Americans think it is better to die on your feet then live on your knees. I am no mans' slave, I do not bow to a king or queen and I will never give away my freedom to the lies of security. Nor will I ever give up fighting for my rights,life and freedom.

edit on 12/27/2012 by GunzCoty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
Why do people still think that our military would come after us?
We are our military, is a soldier going to round up his/her family?
Would other Americans put up with that?

I don't think that - at all. But this is often an argument used by pro-gun Americans defending their 2nd amendment - to stand up and defend themselves from a tyrannical, over-controlling govt.

As I said, I don't think that would ever happen, or if it did, it certainly wouldn't be a govt with 100% armed forces against civilians - the armed forces arent stupid and are made up of your county's own people - they wouldnt stand for it either.

But the initial point of my post was, as an argument "for" the 2nd amendment, arming civilians to defend themselves against a corrupt, tyrannical govt, that just isn't going to work - it's a poor argument because logistically, the citizens will lose. Always.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join