It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Beam is back, again (New Pics)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Spotlights on a billboard are sometimes aimed downward from the top. Funeral homes/parlors sometimes have signs on the lawn near the entrance that are lit up in such a manner. S&F for piquing my interest.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
In every picture you posted here, the bottom has a very bright blue-white light source radiating from it. Also your pics with this in it seem to all come from a night with rain or inclement weather. Likely a shadow from a VERY strong light source, projecting up and the shadow is hitting off ice crystals and water suspended in the air.

NEAT though. I once saw one of those black beam contrails and no plane or contrail in sight, with a direct beam (not vertical) through the sky toward Nellis AFB. STILL not sure that was a contrail.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

That's almost what I meant!
I actually wanted the flashlight pointing directly at the camera lens.

Nice place, BTW!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

No problem. Here it is shone into the sensor

Flashlight to sensor (with flash)

No flash

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Aliens beaming down- Its going on everywhere, and there is nothing we can do about it.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant

Nice place, BTW!

But remember, the OP said it can be seen with the eyes.

And THAT'S what makes it all interesting!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
In every picture you posted here, the bottom has a very bright blue-white light source radiating from it. Also your pics with this in it seem to all come from a night with rain or inclement weather. Likely a shadow from a VERY strong light source, projecting up and the shadow is hitting off ice crystals and water suspended in the air.

NEAT though. I once saw one of those black beam contrails and no plane or contrail in sight, with a direct beam (not vertical) through the sky toward Nellis AFB. STILL not sure that was a contrail.

Tonight, no rain at all. It is a clear night with the odd cloud here and there. There was not any clouds nearby the beam or over the beam tonight. Stars are out and i was taking photos of the moon when i realized the beam, again. The first night i saw the beam it was raining and miserable, not tonight.

This photo i took while looking at the beam tonight. it is a clear sky

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant

Nice place, BTW!

Put your finger on the light in the OP'S last picture. Sorry second last picture now!
edit on 26-12-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames

Tonight, no rain at all. It is a clear night with the odd cloud here and there. There was not any clouds nearby the beam or over the beam tonight. Stars are out and i was taking photos of the moon when i realized the beam, again. The first night i saw the beam it was raining and miserable, not tonight.

This photo i took while looking at the beam tonight. it is a clear sky

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

Atmospherics will contribute to the effect, looking closely at that last picture, there even seems to be a possible culprit sticking up, like some kind of pole or factory chimney..whatever.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

If you look at the marked spot above, there is a tower. It looks like your pics in the OP are from a lower vantage point. My guess is that tower has some lighting below it and it is casting a shadow upwards. If you can verify that the shadow in the OP is in the same spot, you will have your answer. If not, I have no clue.

Thanks for posting the picture. I hope you find what you are looking for.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Thanks for humoring me. I wanted to see if your camera would respond with similar "artifacts" with a controlled light source. It does look like a "wedge" of dark extends above and below the light source, but I'm not sure if this is the same effect you're getting in the distance shots from your OP.

Hmm... just trying to think if there's any easy, plausible explanation...

Good point, if it can be seen with the eyes, then camera lens effects and processing artifacts kinda get denigrated to just being "noteworthy".

The only thing that kinda sucks about that, is that there is no way for us to test this ourselves unless we are standing there with the OP looking at this thing.

Originally posted by smurfy
Put your finger on the light in the OP'S last picture. Sorry second last picture now!

I would be kinda interested to see this experiment done, but as mentioned above, it's kinda irrelevant if we are to assume that it can be seen with the eye as well. But I also wondered, like you, what an occluded light source would look like after seeing this last set...
edit on 26-12-2012 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

So what would cause "beams of darkness"? Hmm... darkness is merely the absence of light, so it would have to "remove" or "stop" any light coming from the area where the dark beams are. But the shape of a "beam" is troublesome too, especially at a distance with lots of ambient light. How do you "remove" or "stop" light from emminating from a "beam"-shaped area?

What if the source of the light had some sort of on-board gravity well, or some crazy thing like that? I'm envisioning a spiraling EMF causing gravity distortions, kinda like the jets of a black hole but in reverse - we see the singularity and don't see the jets instead of the other way around as with a black hole?

Thinking out loud... dunno what you're seeing out there, buddy.
S+F

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
DELETE - DOUBLE POST, SORRY!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

If you look at the marked spot above, there is a tower. It looks like your pics in the OP are from a lower vantage point. My guess is that tower has some lighting below it and it is casting a shadow upwards. If you can verify that the shadow in the OP is in the same spot, you will have your answer. If not, I have no clue.

I'm pretty sure the "beam" in the OPs pic is much further to the right of your circled area. The beam is located in the spot a little before the landscape starts to angle upward, which is in front of the second set of hills further in the background. In your circled area, the landscape continues downward.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

That could be, I just see that the OP's pics are from a different angle, much lower.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Triangulate its position and VISIT!

And if there's something cool there, post more pics! OR, maybe see if someone on the other side of town you know sees the same thing, or could take a pic.
DITTO!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by banishedfromthisarea

Triangulate its position and VISIT!

And if there's something cool there, post more pics! OR, maybe see if someone on the other side of town you know sees the same thing, or could take a pic.
DITTO!!!!!!!!!

It is my side of town

Literally, 5-7km from me? No, no one has seen "it", but, then, i am awake when others aren't. Work related.

The photos i shared here www.abovetopsecret.com... are pics i took earlier this year to show the setting of the sun during Winter & Summer (how big a difference in seasons). The arrows is to show the difference from the setting of the sun in Winter & Summer, nothing more. Nothing to do with the beam. at all. I added those pics 'cos people asked to see daytime pics & they were ones i had of the same location.

Here are photos i have taken today in the day time to show THERE IS no towers. Power lines, yes, towers.....a no-no

Here's your "towers"

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: added photo/editing/stupidity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames
So, one can only go that far in the day. At night, it's a no no, unless you know the owners of the lands.

Hmmm...

Is that a clue telling us that MAYBE something is going on that we are not supposed to know about?

Just thinking out loud...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
OP: Just a thought, have you prayed about this thing?

Perhaps you are seeing some type of spiritual manifestation of an opened portal.

Didn't the Mayan people do some kind of bloodletting to appease their god and open portals for demons to enter this dimension?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Hi
No. I have not prayed about it, in any way?

Here's pictures i took during the morning hours this morning. It was quite clear thanks to some really unexpected fog we had in the middle of Summer. The beam goes WAY WAY up.

And it does seem that the beam is coming from the two lights sources at the bottom of it.

But, it does not come from those two lights.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
OK, I've decided that this is something that is beginning to freak me out.

Thanks to the very high resolution shots, you can see that it can't be a shadow of a flag pole or something.

I'm almost of the opinion that you should bring these photos to some media source and maybe they can research it. IDK though, you've done literally all you can from your vantage point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join