It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New MRSA superbug strain found in UK milk supply

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Its only really a risk if you are servery ill or your immune systems comprimised. A normal healthy person wont contrat MRSA in fact 1 in 4 of you will have it living under your armpits and up your nose naturaly. In my microlabs its only handled at Cat 2 as you really to drink gallons of the stuff to infect yourself.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Time for my milk speech:

Milk is created by modified sweat glands. They filter fat, protein, and blood sugar out of the circulating blood and provide it to the infant mammal. Cow's milk is designed to feed calves and put weight on them in short order. It's substantially different in composition from human milk, which I presume most of you would be grossed out to drink after a certain age...

Your commercial milk supply is sourced from hundreds of different cows and even numerous farms, put together in a tanker truck, 'pasteurized' which means sorta, kinda, heated up enough to kill some amount of the germs in it but not all, and then put onto the shelves. If even one of those cows in one of those farms was sick, those germs plus a load of pus cells are going to be in your milk. There's a reason there's such a thing as 'ultra-pasteurized' milk; that's the stuff that's truly sterile but it tastes boiled and people don't like it much.

There's also another issue: there's a disease in dairy cattle that causes ulcerations in the intestines; there's a disease, now endemic but we don't know how badly because it's not one of the 'reportable' diseases, in people called Crohn's disease. Turns out Crohn's and Johannes' disease, the one in dairy cattle, could possibly be caused by the same factors (here's a link to more info, there's a lot more out there)

thefooddoc.blogspot.com...

Crohn's is a devastating illness striking mostly young adults and was almost unheard of 30 years ago. Now, it's common. It's considered incurable although there are a lot of ways to try to treat it or subdue the symptoms.
The dairy industry has tried mightily to keep this information quiet; along with mad cow possibly being in global beef supplies and 'possibly' being one of the forms of dementia/Alzheimer's we're seeing now, if the truth, or even the possibility really got out, the dairy and beef industries would collapse.

I have Crohn's, I've had surgery numerous times for it and it's turned my lower abdomen into a mess of scar tissue (and missing parts) and I don't drink milk anymore (the very idea is disgusting, at this point) and I find I simply don't need or miss it. On the rare occasion I feel like cereal, rice or almond milk works wonders.

So, enjoy your modified cow sweat gland excretions, or not...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
Its only really a risk if you are servery ill or your immune systems comprimised. A normal healthy person wont contrat MRSA in fact 1 in 4 of you will have it living under your armpits and up your nose naturaly. In my microlabs its only handled at Cat 2 as you really to drink gallons of the stuff to infect yourself.

Besides being unable to spell, you're severely misinformed. I've seen otherwise healthy patients come in with a small cut that was MRSA infected; within HOURS it's spread from a toe, to the ankle, up the shin and approaching the knee. Massive antibiotics and IV support don't always stop it and the only treatment is emergency amputation, within hours of arriving with the first symptoms. The bug itself if the immune system compromiser. Health professionals are legitimately terrified of this thing. People die within hours of infection. DIE.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Now, on to mad cow;

I talked to a research scientist once about this; we discussed why the issue of mad cow seemed to go quiet in the media.

Mad cow is caused by prions, which are very strange little buggers indeed. They are neither alive nor dead, are not animal, mineral or vegetable. They cannot be killed, only incinerated. They are folded proteins that encourage other nearby proteins to also fold, which tends to make them unavailable for any normal metabolic activity. Enough folded proteins in your brain, and you've got tissue paper where there used to be thought processes.

So, when someone dies of some form of dementia, and brain tissue from the autopsy is forwarded to a lab for diagnosis, oftentimes when 'plaques' are seen in the tissue, the handy-dandy diagnosis of 'Alzheimers' or one of its variants is issued. End of inquiry.

If the lab were to find evidence of mad cow, there would be a bit of a problem. Turns out, you can't sterilize a lab where mad cow and its associated prions have been. You'd have to burn the place down, incinerate it totally. Since this has obvious economic implications, nobody ever finds a diagnosis of 'mad cow' in humans.

It's highly likely that a variant of mad cow, with 50+ year incubations, is causing the accelerated cases of dementia in today's senior citizens.

Caveat: It's late, the discussion I had with the researcher was decades ago, and I may be remembering some of the details wrong, or maybe far more information is available recently. Dunno.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
Time for my milk speech:

Milk is created by modified sweat glands. They filter fat, protein, and blood sugar out of the circulating blood and provide it to the infant mammal. Cow's milk is designed to feed calves and put weight on them in short order. It's substantially different in composition from human milk, which I presume most of you would be grossed out to drink after a certain age...

Your commercial milk supply is sourced from hundreds of different cows and even numerous farms, put together in a tanker truck, 'pasteurized' which means sorta, kinda, heated up enough to kill some amount of the germs in it but not all, and then put onto the shelves. If even one of those cows in one of those farms was sick, those germs plus a load of pus cells are going to be in your milk. There's a reason there's such a thing as 'ultra-pasteurized' milk; that's the stuff that's truly sterile but it tastes boiled and people don't like it much.

There's also another issue: there's a disease in dairy cattle that causes ulcerations in the intestines; there's a disease, now endemic but we don't know how badly because it's not one of the 'reportable' diseases, in people called Crohn's disease. Turns out Crohn's and Johannes' disease, the one in dairy cattle, could possibly be caused by the same factors (here's a link to more info, there's a lot more out there)

thefooddoc.blogspot.com...

Crohn's is a devastating illness striking mostly young adults and was almost unheard of 30 years ago. Now, it's common. It's considered incurable although there are a lot of ways to try to treat it or subdue the symptoms.
The dairy industry has tried mightily to keep this information quiet; along with mad cow possibly being in global beef supplies and 'possibly' being one of the forms of dementia/Alzheimer's we're seeing now, if the truth, or even the possibility really got out, the dairy and beef industries would collapse.

I have Crohn's, I've had surgery numerous times for it and it's turned my lower abdomen into a mess of scar tissue (and missing parts) and I don't drink milk anymore (the very idea is disgusting, at this point) and I find I simply don't need or miss it. On the rare occasion I feel like cereal, rice or almond milk works wonders.

So, enjoy your modified cow sweat gland excretions, or not...

Well said, the whole idea of milk is rather disgusting, though humans are omnivores so not only is the milk drank but the flesh eaten. I have a very sensitive stomach and gag often, even when brushing my teeth. Just reading your post made me almost vomit, just thinking of certain things can induce vomiting for me.

I was vegetarian for 15 years and for a large part of that didn't touch dairy or wheat products and never craved any foods, never felt like overeating, was never ill and maintained a regular weight of 7 stone, never felt healthier. When I was pregnant I was told by the midwife I was too thin and my weight and lack of iron was endangering my baby, basically I was told to go eat meat and put on weight, I ate meat and started drinking milk in tea / coffee and cereal. I also started feeling ill.

A few times over the years I have avoided dairy and meat. and again healthier apart from anaemia, eventually I ate meat and dairy again, and again illnesses like colds etc appeared again and food cravings started and some weight gain.

I have a son and he loves milk, we can't drink soya /almond /oat milk etc because it's made with tap water and we don't drink that, it gives us stomach aches and makes me literally gag. I truly wish soya / milk alternatives would be made with spring / mineral water. We have tried powdered soya milk from a tin, it was actually a large tin of infant formula but the only powdered soya we could find but it was far too inconvenient and messy to use everyday, also more expensive at around £12 for a few pints.

Pretty sure manufacturers could easily produce low cost rice / oat milk with spring water and make it available for people. Would be good to see a general increase in health in the population.
edit on 1-1-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Have you tried making your own rice, almond, oat (or other?) milk? The ingredients may be expensive but for the times when you really need a milk-ish product...? Seems like rice should be the cheapest. Also try coconut milk, now more readily available.

I'd consider making my own but I only use it maybe twice a year. I'll get a craving for regular cereal with milk on it, go through a quart of rice or almond milk and that's it for a good while.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Have you tried making your own rice, almond, oat (or other?) milk? The ingredients may be expensive but for the times when you really need a milk-ish product...? Seems like rice should be the cheapest. Also try coconut milk, now more readily available.

I'd consider making my own but I only use it maybe twice a year. I'll get a craving for regular cereal with milk on it, go through a quart of rice or almond milk and that's it for a good while.

I could probably easily avoid dairy completely if it wasn't in the house, my son loves milk and since a baby has his daily cups of milk in the morning and night and in cereal, so would have to be large quantity. I use coconut milk in cooking sometimes though here in the UK it is available in small cans and cartons and is high fat.

I guess I could look into making my own, as well as sort of weaning my son from his need for so much milk. I might look into getting powdered soy in catering size from somewhere too.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Why do TPTB want us to Stop drinking mile so badly?
does it do us more good than they say?

200 years ago the intelligence of man started to shoot up.
all the science we have now is from the last 200 years.
air plains, radio TV space computers.

what did we start eating to do this?
we have been cross breeding cow to get the cow we have now.
this or some thing is what made humans what they are to day.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
Why do TPTB want us to Stop drinking mile so badly?
does it do us more good than they say?

200 years ago the intelligence of man started to shoot up.
all the science we have now is from the last 200 years.
air plains, radio TV space computers.

what did we start eating to do this?
we have been cross breeding cow to get the cow we have now.
this or some thing is what made humans what they are to day.

I guess whilst it is certainly instrumental in the growth of humanity, physically and possibly in other ways, it also has side affects that could be making people ill and costing governments money in healthcare.

Most milk has a high fat content, also if there could be illnesses spread, intolerences, other associated non compatibility health issues that might not be immediately attributed to milk, such as intestinal disorders, compulsive eating etc and in addition to the other things that might be unnatural in the milk, such as pesticides from the food the cows eat, chemicals and antibiotics, growth hormones etc that could be having an adverse affect on the population.

Before intensive farming, people were healthier, they were generally thinner, and there wasn't the compulsive eating disorders there are now. Something is causing these and milk and the things it contains could be a contributing factor.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Just to be clear, I'm not sure if you picked it up or not, I was being sarcastic when I said more antibiotics would be the answer.

I am against the excessive use of antibiotics as all it does is cause more drug resistant strains of these viruses and many diseases that used to be easily treated, including common STD's have mutated and are no longer easily treated, even with the strongest antibiotics.

Antibiotics treat bacteria, not viruses..... antibiotics have no effect on viruses. Seems like it's a minute point, but it's really not. People need to be more educated on all the various pathogens out there.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
It's really scary how something like this could turn into a pandemic in a matter of day, be it a more deadly strain.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Mad cow is caused by prions, which are very strange little buggers indeed. They are neither alive nor dead, are not animal, mineral or vegetable. They cannot be killed, only incinerated. They are folded proteins that encourage other nearby proteins to also fold, which tends to make them unavailable for any normal metabolic activity. Enough folded proteins in your brain, and you've got tissue paper where there used to be thought processes.

Reminds of the move "Andromeda Strain", supposed alien-based non-animal proteins that can adapt environment and what they use as food. I think I heard the author partially based that (supposedly) on a classified event, sounded like a stretch to me.

As for dairy products I hardly use them simply because it doesn't seem right for grown adults to be drinking substance meant for a developing baby does it?

rational thinking does a body good

I will be warning my dairy drinking friends to look into this dangerous MRSA virus, we have a lot of dairy production where I am. Thanks OP for posting this!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join