It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Christmas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by truejew
It says "beware of", not that all schools that give degrees based upon life experience are diploma mills. In other words it is a sign of a diploma mill, not proof of a diploma mill.

Yes, it is, because one of the criteria that defines a diploma mill is granting degrees on a non-educational basis. Period. There's no "oh, but it's more sincere" exception granted to an objective judgement.

A person must have the experience of being a Pastor for 10 years. Do you understand the amount of study that goes into being a Pastor, both before and During?

Yes, I am aware of the effort that some (not all) put forth, and they are granted a title for it -- that of Pastor. They do not deserve the title of Doctor of Theology, because they did not do the work required to receive a Doctorate Degree in theology, and to say that they did is dishonest.

According to the definitions posted, and the quotes from the ATBC website, it does not appear to be a diploma mill.

I see no difference between ATBC having a honorary degree and another college having a honorary degree. A honorary degree is not dishonest as long as the person says it is honorary.

You have falsely accused a good man. It is time to repent.
edit on 27-12-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

It says "beware of", not that all schools that give degrees based upon life experience are diploma mills. In other words it is a sign of a diploma mill, not proof of a diploma mill.

Yes, it is, because one of the criteria that defines a diploma mill is granting degrees on a non-educational basis. Period. There's no "oh, but it's more sincere" exception granted to an objective judgement.

A person must have the experience of being a Pastor for 10 years. Do you understand the amount of study that goes into being a Pastor, both before and During?

Yes, I am aware of the effort that some (not all) put forth, and they are granted a title for it -- that of Pastor. They do not deserve the title of Doctor of Theology, because they did not do the work required to receive a Doctorate Degree in theology, and to say that they did is dishonest.

According to the definitions posted, and the quotes from the ATBC website, it does not appear to be a diploma mill.

I see no difference between ATBC having a honorary degree and another college having a honorary degree. A honorary degree is not dishonest as long as the person says it is honorary.

You're in denial. Whether that's because you're brainwashed or you're just simply unwilling to admit your error, I suppose it doesn't matter.

The fact is that, by the definition of a diploma mill, posted both by you and by me, and Reckart's list of qualifications, he is dishonestly awarding degrees to people who did not earn them. The second fact is that, while Christ told people not to take on titles that they didn't deserve, simply for the honour and prestige, this is exactly Reckart's stated purpose in granting his phony doctoral degrees.

Those are the facts, and we've derailed this thread long enough. If you have actual factual evidence to counter this which has not already been presented (as all of the facts thus far are in my favour,) or you have something relevant to say about Christmas, please add it, otherwise we can drop it until the next time you try to use your "true church" as the basis for making claims against Christianity.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You're in denial. Whether that's because you're brainwashed or you're just simply unwilling to admit your error, I suppose it doesn't matter.

You appear to be unwilling to learn about what an honorary diploma is.

2 Timothy 3:1-8 (KJV)
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
edit on 27-12-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Would you say that Billy Graham is a Christian?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

As I said, the argument's over -- any unbiased person would agree that your pal is running a diploma mill, and anyone who read that verse in Matthew regarding Christ's teaching on wanting phony titles in order to feel better than others would say that the leader of your "true church" is in intentional violation of it.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Billy Graham's highest earned degree is a BA, but he has 20 honorary degrees and sometimes goes by Dr. Billy Graham.

Honorary degrees are much more common than you seem to think.

Notre Dame, a catholic university, gives honorary degrees. Honorary Degrees

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

IF this guy doesn't hold a real doctorate, even from an online university, yet he calls himself a doctor...

Doesn't that automatically make him a liar?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The man we are speaking of has a doctorate. Adjensen is saying that colleges that give honorary doctorates are a diploma mill. Which would make even schools like Indiana University and Notre Dame to be diploma mills. He does not see the difference between a school that gives honorary diplomas based on standards and a diploma mill which gives honorary diplomas to anyone.

If a person has an honorary doctorate, they can use the title of doctor, however it is frowned upon.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Billy Graham's highest earned degree is a BA, but he has 20 honorary degrees and sometimes goes by Dr. Billy Graham.

Honorary degrees are much more common than you seem to think.

Notre Dame, a catholic university, gives honorary degrees. Honorary Degrees

Once again, you seem to be justifying your leader's bad behaviour by pointing your finger somewhere else. If you really had any interest in the truth, you'd condemn them all, rather than trumping up excuses.

"This deserves honor!"

-- "Dr" Gary Reckart

Where's his doctoral degree from? The only references to Reckart and his titles are from detractors who claim that "Doctor", "Cohen" and "Bishop" are all invented by him. But he's a "good man", so I presume that he has the credentials to back them all up, right?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Which would make even schools like Indiana University and Notre Dame to be diploma mills.

Show me where either of those schools offer honorary Doctoral degrees for $1,300 and "life experience".

Stop lying to cover up your cult's dishonesty.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

A person can't hold an honorary doctorate in a field that actually matters in a practical sense though...

Take a look at the recipients of those so called "doctorates"

2012: Abbas Milani, Doctor of Humane Letters
2011: Fr. John Lo Schiavo, Doctor of Public Service
2010: Jan Yanehiro, Doctor of Public Service
2009: Barbara Radding Morgan '74, Doctor of Public Service
2008: Lorry Lokey & J. Gordon Loughlin ‘81, Doctors of Humane Letters
2007: Donald Pippin, Doctor of Humane Letters
2006: Joseph W. Cotchett, Doctor of Humane Letters
2005: Sister Dorothy Stang, SND, ‘64, Doctor of Humane Letters
2004: Sister Helen Prejean and Mike Farrell, Doctors of Public Service
2003: Charles Geschke, Doctor of Public Service
2002: Philip Bronstein, Doctor of Public Service
2001: Sister Veronica Skillin, Doctor of Humane Letters
2000: Sister Rosemarie Julie Gavin, Doctor of Humane Letters
1999: George M. Keller, Doctor of Public Service

I wouldn't go so far as to call these the products of a diploma mill, but honorary doctorates don't mean much as far as education is concerned

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I am not lying and the Church is not a cult.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by truejew

but honorary doctorates don't mean much as far as education is concerned

I never said they did.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I am not lying and the Church is not a cult.

By saying that what Reckart is doing is no different than Notre Dame giving someone an Honorary degree, you're lying, pure and simple. Notre Dame is not offering degrees for $1,300 and "life experience", which is what a diploma mill does.

And even your fellow "Apostolic Oneness" believers call Reckart's organization a cult.

Wake up.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

The Apostolic Friends Forum is not an Apostolic forum.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The Apostolic Friends Forum is not an Apostolic forum.

I'm sure that since they have opinions you don't like, you're willing to say that, but they seem to think differently:

yawn..... it's just Bro. Reckart and his craziness.....

He's one of our OP brothers......

I've been called worse things by him on facebook than I have been called in this and other Apostolic forums.

From what I understand, he believes that God's name now is and always has been "Jesus."

I realize not all OP's see everything alike but Bro. Reckart is a little different than many of us.

That guys seems to think that their forum is Apostolic, and even calls Reckart "brother". Who's the liar? That guy or you?

Also, from later in the thread:

Reckart has claimed in times past unless you were baptized by him, you are not saved.

Is that an accurate depiction of something that Reckart is on record as having said?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I'm sure that since they have opinions you don't like, you're willing to say that, but they seem to think differently:

The board is led by people who are backsliders. They no longer allow teaching on holiness and have compromised on the teaching of one God.

That guys seems to think that their forum is Apostolic, and even calls Reckart "brother". Who's the liar? That guy or you?

As I said, they are backslid.

Is that an accurate depiction of something that Reckart is on record as having said?

There is a movement of people who are switching to a more trinitarian friendly way of baptizing. Those baptized that way need to be rebaptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

That guy seems to think that their forum is Apostolic, and even calls Reckart "brother". Who's the liar? That guy or you?

As I said, they are backslid.

Well, I suppose from your perspective, that might be the case. From theirs, they probably have a different story to tell. But once you start making up rules and requirements at random, I suppose that anyone can say that anyone else is off message and therefore no longer a "true" believer.

There is a movement of people who are switching to a more trinitarian friendly way of baptizing. Those baptized that way need to be rebaptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

Those guys in that forum say that they also baptize in the name of Jesus Christ, not in a trinitarian view.

However, that isn't what I asked you -- has Reckart claimed that only people HE baptizes will be saved? That's their claim, and I would like to know if you admit to him saying that.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

But once you start making up rules and requirements at random,

We do not do that.

has Reckart claimed that only people HE baptizes will be saved? That's their claim, and I would like to know if you admit to him saying that.

Of course not. Pastor Reckart did not baptize me and has said nothing about me getting rebaptized by him. They may be confused about Pastor Reckart teaching that those who have been baptized in the trinity, trinity compromise ways, or are not sure should be rebaptized into Christ.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

But once you start making up rules and requirements at random,

We do not do that.

Really? I ran across this bit:

The blessings of God are upon all those who tithe and give to Jesus House.

As for me the Pastor, yes a portion of the tithe comes into my hands. Yes, I consider them a soldier’s pay within the meaning of 1Cor 9:7. Jesus has sent me and he will proviIde for me as his soldier. And unlike a private with little pay, I am a five star general and deserving of a large pay check. I am a leader of many regiments of men. I have many soldiers willing to serve under me. And many of these great soldiers give tithes to me because they know I am a good general in God’s army.

As for those who do not believe in faith tithing, who do not believe in the tithing of love and respect to the priest of the Most High God, you would never be allowed to work with me, travel with me, do the work of God with me, be a part of Light To The Nations. Because I will not have men who are not men of faith in their giving anywhere near me in this great work of the Kingdom.

If a man does not give tithe by faith and love I do not want his friendship, his membership, or any where near me. I want those around me to know they have been blessed and not afraid to show it to the Man of God.

Pastor Reckart
A Man Who Here Receives Tithes
Of Whom It Is Written
A Man Important To God (Source)

Now there's a humble man, all right. And you accuse the Catholics of selling salvation?

I'll take your word for it that he hasn't said that salvation depends on him, through with egotistical babbling like that, I wouldn't be surprised if he did say it.

You're in a cult. Wake up before it's too late.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join