It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Completly Lost Civilization....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman

Originally posted by jcutler12888

I really don't know what to say to your theory concerning time travel or what to think about it. I have a hard time believing in time travel being possible (though I wish it were possible!) but I think that if it is possible, it would lend great credence to your theory.

I believe it is natural to "wish" time travel to be possible. All the more you/we need to be careful not to believe in something for which there is no real evidence/indication. But this is not to discourage from continuing to look.

I agree with you completely, and we must always continue to look and learn.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I agree with you completely, and we must always continue to look and learn.

Thanks, that's true, too.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

You're welcome.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Oops, sorry...I see that you didn't call them "grey aliens", just "aliens".

Underwater? That could work...

Check this out...
www.gizmag.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman

Oops, sorry...I see that you didn't call them "grey aliens", just "aliens".

Underwater? That could work...

Check this out...
www.gizmag.com...

WOW. Do you think it's possible to achieve?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

WOW. Do you think it's possible to achieve?

The technologies needed for this already exist, like ROV's, and capsules that control the pressure, etc. We just need to build the machinery to suit that purpose. It is only a matter of whether we are willing to spend huge sums of money it would cost.

What makes me wonder is, Why would we want to do this - unless the US government wants to hide from the American people?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Maybe they're simply considering it as a means of having resources available to our armed forces where ever they may be (as long as they're not landlocked). And I don't think that it would be so much that they need to develop technology that would be capable of withstanding enormous amount of pressure, but developing technology that would allow a system with a strong enough signal to reach one of these devices and a strong enough receptor to be placed on the devices to receive the signal through such great depths to call it back to the surface.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Maybe they're simply considering it as a means of having resources available to our armed forces where ever they may be (as long as they're not landlocked).

Submarines do that already. And submarines are mobile, whereas a basis is stationary and an easier target. We also have submarines that can launch nuclear missiles. What would be the practical value of having a basis on the ocean floor?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

No, I didn't mean a device that can carry as much as a submarine...I mean something bigger, MUCH bigger, that could serve any type of vessel that isn't able to reach any base or source of available resources and material for long periods of time. Submarines are practical in carrying a relatively small amount of resources for a relatively short time...I'm talking about something that could hold much more in case of extended need/emergencies.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I'm talking about something that could hold much more in case of extended need/emergencies.

What kind of emergencies could cause such an extended need?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Who knows? An invasion of America, perhaps? A million different things are possible.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

I was thinking that an imminent near-complete destruction of the surface of the earth (say, by a super-volcano or an asteroid) would require humans to go underwater, as long as we cannot go to other planets.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

That's an interesting possibility. How do you think that we could achieve building functional underwater colonies, capable of withstanding great amounts of pressure, providing its inhabitants with oxygen, containing enough supplies to sustain its for as many years as it took for the surface to become inhabitable again, etc.? They wouldn't be able to put the entire American population underground so do you think there would be some selective process of choosing who gets to go to the underwater colony and who doesn't? I'm sorry that I'm asking so many questions, LOL, I'm just so interested to know how you think that it would work...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

That's an interesting possibility. How do you think that we could achieve building functional underwater colonies, capable of withstanding great amounts of pressure, providing its inhabitants with oxygen, containing enough supplies to sustain its for as many years as it took for the surface to become inhabitable again, etc.? They wouldn't be able to put the entire American population underground so do you think there would be some selective process of choosing who gets to go to the underwater colony and who doesn't? I'm sorry that I'm asking so many questions, LOL, I'm just so interested to know how you think that it would work...

If an asteroid hits land and the colony is, say, 500 feet below the water surface, I believe there would be no problem. Same thing if it hits a different ocean. Fish generate oxygen with gills. Scientists are working on artificial gills (electrolysis works also). Natural resources can be mined right there on the ocean floor, preferably with robotic machinery. Algae can be grown and harvested from tanks that function like a greenhouse. Growing vegetables would require significantly more energy. Energy can be produced by nuclear reactors. Thorium is abundant.

Once this new industry is born, it may not be as outrageously expensive as one would think (the real estate is quite cheap, hahah). Required time to be able to stay: 10 years ("guestinate"). The selection would be power-elite first, anybody with lots of mony second, government employees third, women and children fourth, you and me - never mind. lol
edit on 24-1-2013 by ThinkingHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The op brings up a pretty interesting idea. I could totally see grey aliens being an evolved form of humans that have moved to below the surface. However I could just as easily see how grey aliens could be humans who moved to outer space and evolved as such because of their environment. For the purposes of the thread I will entertain the OP's theory though.

My biggest gripe with the theory is that currently, humans are spread out all over the world. We dig, mine, and do all sorts of things underground yet we haven't even heard a peep about there being any intelligent life underground. Where are these people hiding. If their civilization is so ancient then they should have a huge populous. There is only so many places underground you could keep this populous before inevitable contact with the surface would happen. Also since this civilization is a bunch of a humans, one can easily deduce that they like to partake in sex recreationally so their population would grow much faster than any other species' population would.

Taking this into account I can see how the discussion has shifted somewhat to the civilization being underwater. If this is the case, why haven't we run into it with our countless submarines or doing sonar of the ocean floor? Sure the world is 70%, but we also have quite a few ships exploring these seas and I find it highly unlikely that we wouldn't have run into at least a glimmer of a civilization on the ocean floor. Especially since it would have made the most logistical sense to uproot a civilization and go underwater nearby where they were above ground. This means that this supposed civilization should be nearby our coastlines.

Of course they could have also gone to such a place as the Mariana Trench or a cave system underwater, but this seems like it would be a little excessive if they are just trying to escape their doom. They should have no reason to be hiding from the surviving populations on the surface and even if they were hiding its not like the surface dwellers would have the technology to detect them even if they were near the coastline.

One more thought for both the underground theory and the ocean floor theory, Why didn't this civilization come back to the surface once the threat ended? I'm sure that no matter how well this civilization fit into their new environment that living on the surface would be far easier to do.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Wow, you have it all figured out...they should contract you to work on the project, LOL. I'm a young woman from a wealthy family with a father with a very high level of security clearance...does that mean that I qualify for the underground colony?! LOL, I'm not sure if I'd want to be cooped up for ten years with nothing but the elite, powerful, wealthy blue bloods...they can be a bit stuffy and boring.

LOL, never mind what?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

The underwater theory was presented not so much that they were just underwater, but under the ocean floor somehow.

By the way, your avatar is absolutely hilarious.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Wow, you have it all figured out...

I'm still working on it but thanks anyway. Here is the crazy thing: the government knows that these technologies exist. They know that the dangers I mentioned are real (plus the one of thermonuclear WWIII). We spent money to go to the moon but no attempt to save humanity from a world wide catastrophe? I find that hard to believe. Oceans are all around us, they are a great protective layer, they contain natural resources, biological resources and mysteries. Yet we hardly go to explore beyond a token effort. And as much as I hope you would be saved, they are not telling us.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I would have to agree with you...I think that going to the moon and everything was simply the US flexing it's muscles to try and show up Russia during the Cold War and if they're going to spend that much money just to go to the moon (which I think was a bunch of ludicrously wasteful and worthless endeavors), then they have to have done more research into viability of underwater colonies at SOME point...I mean, we can go to the moon but we can't get to the bottom of the Mariana Trench? Highly unlikely. And as far as me being saved...I'm sure they'd take my family but not a conspiracy theory nut like me, they'd probably label me a political dissident or something, LOL. They'd only take me if I married someone as wealthy and well-connected as my parents which I'm not gonna do because I can't stand the pretentious, power hungry, money grubbing pricks that are in my father's social strata...I do my best to distance myself from all of that. As far as I'm concerned, I'm just a model and actress in law school so I'd be useless to the powers that be and their little colony for anything other than breeding purposes. Ugh, yuck...Imdon't even wanna think about that possibility...though I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they selected certain people to take with them to the colony specifically for breeding purposes and their own entertainment...ugh, so effin' creepy and gross to think about.
edit on 1/25/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

But the question I have is, why go to all the trouble of hiding underneath the ocean floor when just being on the ocean floor should have been good enough to survive whatever catastrophe happened to cause them to hide? And why stay on there after the threat has passed? Living on the ocean floor is hard enough, let alone underneath the ocean floor. It would make more sense if hiding there was a temporary solution. It's not like the surviving human population on the surface would be a threat to this civilization if they have the technology to live underneath the surcace or underneath the ocean floor.

Ps.: thanks for the complement

edit on 26-1-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join