It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm stunned! Not one mass suicide reported?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Me and my wife and kids stayed home today. Not because of the date but we just didn't have anything better to do. We didn't feel anything apocalyptic would happen but I felt for sure we would at least be hearing of one or more reports of mass suicide. I guess I'm just writing to say wow, I'm surprised how normal of a day it's been here and in the news.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghoulardi
Me and my wife and kids stayed home today. Not because of the date but we just didn't have anything better to do. We didn't feel anything apocalyptic would happen but I felt for sure we would at least be hearing of one or more reports of mass suicide. I guess I'm just writing to say wow, I'm surprised how normal of a day it's been here and in the news.

Ive been in work for the last eight hours so i havnt really kept up with the news, so yes, im quite suprised too, but really really glad

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I've been thinking about the same thing. However, it occurred to me that the mass suicides may have happened in secret, so it may take months or even years to discover them.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Remember that guy in Sedona,AZ that said a portal would open up at Bell Rock and he was going to jump off the cliff into it? Well i tried to goto his website to see what happened :www.2012leapoffaith.net...
but his site must be over loaded i keep getting the Bandwidth Limit Exceeded message.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

Maybe your invitation got lost in the spam filter?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I think the world media has been told not to report any such incidents in case they enflame a series of copy cats. Any such events will be released slowly over the coming weeks.

Additionally, many cult like activities would be in secluded places. It will take time to find them.

I only hope there are not too many.

P

edit on 21/12/2012 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I was thinking about that myself. Actually the news has been uneventful? Pretty mundane day actually.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Took a while before anyone knew about the Heavens Gate groupies and they took a few days to off themselves.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Yeah, there may be some that we will hear about in the next few days to a week or so.
Hopefully not, I would like to think there is still some common sense left on this planet. I guess we will have to wait and see.

It's good to see the old avatar back Phage.
edit on 21-12-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ghoulardi

I agree but I also think it's because the day wasn't quite over yet.. there was still some hope.. i think we may be hearing stories tho in the weeks to come.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ghoulardi

Okay, you just ruined my whole Apocalypse Day with this. I didn't need to know this. I really didn't.

For God's sake, have some sensitivity, man.

I'm not going to get any sleep tonight. Not now.
edit on 12/21/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Why would folks kill themselves? Isnt that what this so called event was suppose to do FOR them? Or are they so depressed that they wanted to die and when the "BIG EVENT" (LMAO) didnt happen they were suppose to get depressed and kill themselves?

Wow. Sad if true but if so good riddance. Dont need ya in the gene pool!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Remember it is still the 21st in many places. Cult Leaders still have time. The 11.11UTC time was quackery in any event. Some are still hanging on until the date changes.

It is when the depressive state takes hold, when the cultists or believers have nothing left to hang their hats on that these events may unfortunately unfold. A great many people wanted something to happen because they feel hopeless to change their lives due to external circumstances.

It is these people that may well end it all thinking that there is no way out. They pinned 21/12 as their emotional savior and will emotionally drop like a stone over the coming days / weeks.

Sad.

P

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yeah pretty mundane for sure. The only prepping I did was to buy a bottle of bourbon, a six pack of great lakes, 2 packs of cigs and a dime bag. I even got a couple of lunchables for the kids. I admit I refreshed the "recent posts" page here about 100 times and kept checking news sites and TV for something spectacular but pretty boring. The only cool thing was that we got our first snow here in sandusky bay and me and the kids had a snowball fight. Hoping it will stick on the ground til Christmas so we can have a white one. All in all I guess I'm pretty happy with the end of the world.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Why would folks kill themselves? Isnt that what this so called event was suppose to do FOR them? Or are they so depressed that they wanted to die and when the "BIG EVENT" (LMAO) didnt happen they were suppose to get depressed and kill themselves?

Wow. Sad if true but if so good riddance. Dont need ya in the gene pool!

And you call yourself prince of peace! WOW. Where is your humanity. Where is your empathy.

I know who I would rather have in the Gene pool, it would not be you.

P

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'm surprised too, especially what happened when the Y2K was here and those mass suicides.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Hmmm... if there were mass suicides and everyone who attended actually participated, and if they were successful in their efforts to bring about their own deaths, then who would be left to report the suicides? Guess we're just gonna have to wait for their bodies to be found.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
With rumors of the 23rd being the real date, maybe they are waiting a few days.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Close to midnight so i thought i would give my 2cents worth, Not one word on the ones in the french hill side, nor one word on FLDS, or other doom day cults are they still here if not when will they be discovered? I would say some time after the Monday. 2 min to go and thinking what if now is the now 1 min naw just a min of lapsed judgment or MBF. Midnight it is the 22nd so to all a good night, see how many "the next end of the would date is... " threads to LOL at

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Don't worry, be patient. You'll get the satisfaction of other people's misery and death, sooner or later.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join