It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

French Students call Jesus 'Dirty Jew'

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   


PARIS: French Jewish students plan a "shock campaign" against anti-Semitism next week with advertisements showing pictures of Jesus Christ and the Virgin Mary with the words "Dirty Jew" scrawled across them.


The pictures are due to run in several newspapers from next Tuesday while the Roman Catholic Church in France is holding a week-long meeting of Catholics from around Europe to discuss how to revive their faith in the continent's major cities.

Yonathan Arfi, head of the Union of French Jewish Students (UEJF) sponsoring the campaign, said several newspapers had agreed to run the ads but billboard advertisers had refused.

"It's a shock campaign so it's better in a newspaper where you can read and think or turn the page if it's too shocking," he told LCI television.

"It's good if people talk about anti-Semitism," he said.

A government report published on Tuesday said a recent wave of anti-Semitic violence posed a threat to the fabric of French society and was not restricted to a few extreme right-wingers or disaffected Muslim youths, as often assumed.

One campaign poster shows Christ with open arms while the other depicts Mary carrying the baby Jesus. Underneath both is written: "What if anti-Semitism were everybody's business?"

www.stuff.co.nz...


Gotta love the French. They sure know how to take an evil thing, like anti-semiticism, and turn it to an even more evil propoganda stunt!



posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Where is the logic in this? Are they TRYING to piss someone off? If they are, they are off to a good start. The backlash from this could be devistating for those students.



posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
There is no logic in this. I guess they figured they could counter stupid thinking with stupider
thinking



posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
That's it. This is going to mark the beginning of the war between the French and the Americans. Once the Christian right in this country catches wind of this, it's on.

If there was any question left as to whether the Frogs were our friends or not, this will clear it up for sure!



posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
DC...

why in the world would you make such an exaggerated statement? Though these Jewish French students' approach is a bit tasteless, their point is well-taken by this American Christian.

Furthermore, just like we don't get to take groups of homosexuals that promote paedophilia and smear it all over the homosexual community, we don't get to take a minority group of Jewish French students and paint the whole population of France as tasteless and sacrilegious to the Christian faith.

Hyperbole tends to get us no where productive OR peaceful.



posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If nothing else, they will see a HUGE loss in tourism in their country!


Odd

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Oh, bah, DC... people have a right to be up in arms about this. If anybody said anything that vile about Ghandi, Dr. M.L. King, or the Queen Mum, just as many people would be pissed; they'd just be more liberal than the ones that are sick of Christ-bashing.



posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Mpeake,

Stupid is as stupid does
I guess there next slogan will be, Life is like a box of dead christians. There all dead and dirty, and thats it. I would like to know if there were any professors involved in this little anti catholicism movement those french pansies got started.

DC,

Your right. I see something big happenning if our conservative warring christian right ever gets ahold of this. Does Bush know about this statement yet? I hope not, as we would probably send troops to occupy France



posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What do you expect they are french for petes sake!


Odd

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
we would probably send troops to occupy France


We couldn't do that... who would show up and liberate them this time?



posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The freaking cub scouts could occupy france.


Odd

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Yes, but, y'see, it's always been our job to pull their butts out of the fire during a world war. If we invaded, it'd be counterproductive



EDIT: And, by the way, it's been done... my whole troop got merit badges for it


[edit on 10/25/2004 by Odd]



posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It sounds like they are trying to do a good thing ???
Maybe?

I'll be nice and say that something must be getting
lost in the translation.



posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
DC...

why in the world would you make such an exaggerated statement? Though these Jewish French students' approach is a bit tasteless, their point is well-taken by this American Christian.

Furthermore, just like we don't get to take groups of homosexuals that promote paedophilia and smear it all over the homosexual community, we don't get to take a minority group of Jewish French students and paint the whole population of France as tasteless and sacrilegious to the Christian faith.

Hyperbole tends to get us no where productive OR peaceful.


What? I thought you would know me by now, Val!

Just about every statement I make is exaggerated. This is my voice. As my name might suggest, I'm pretty much an anarchist at heart, and I do believe that the only way to change is through chaos. Lots and lots of chaos.

I just might like to see a holy war between America and Frog. No one would see that coming!

And about hyperbole, you're right. No matter what form it takes, no matter what sentiment it holds, that trick never works!



posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Exactly FlyerFan!

Oh my ferking gersh those evil handful of Jewish French students are trying to pull the Christian French population into addressing anti-semitic violence via a shock and awe campaign!

Let's nuke the whole of France!

Gawd-bless the knee-jerk peanut gallery on this board, because I sure don't feel very compassionate toward it right now.



posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
I hope not, as we would probably send troops to occupy France


Just sarcasm
I guess my sense of humor is hard to detect in written word. We need a sarcasm emot



posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If you're American, you should be standing up for the French person's right to freedom of expression. Rather than suppressing Freedom of expression around the world, American's should value freedom above all. No wonder America stands by and does nothing while her own freedoms erode.



posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Exactly FlyerFan!

Oh my ferking gersh those evil handful of Jewish French students are trying to pull the Christian French population into addressing anti-semitic violence via a shock and awe campaign!

Let's nuke the whole of France!

Gawd-bless the knee-jerk peanut gallery on this board, because I sure don't feel very compassionate toward it right now.


They are trying to do something good in a typically french way. Without thinking.
I mean come on can you say maginot line?



posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
If you're American, you should be standing up for the French person's right to freedom of expression. Rather than suppressing Freedom of expression around the world, American's should value freedom above all. No wonder America stands by and does nothing while her own freedoms erode.


IMMORTAL...we'd never get to do something like this because in America, free-speech has been substituted with PC'ism....they'd make us change it and bring a lawsuit against us...

or call us "xxxxx-haters" (fill in the blank according to whatever group we used to get our point across).



posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
Oh, bah, DC... people have a right to be up in arms about this....

....they'd just be more liberal than the ones that are sick of Christ-bashing.


Right. That's what I'm saying. The Christians are going to have themselves an Eiffel Tower burning. Right on the Frogs' front lawn! And those self-hating Jews can bash Christ all they want. He can take it!







 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join