It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is my Philosophy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is what has been going through my mind as of lately. I have been writing tidbits of this after m college courses this semester, this is my own philosophy.

Do we have free will? If there is a god that is an omniscient being and has predetermined life as we know it then we have been living with the illusion that we are capable of flowing through life as we see it. Did god create all of us at once, or create you to go through life living as every person so you can experience every possible emotion and perception that life offers to us. Or is the world a concept just flowing through the electromagnetic impulses in our brains explaining to us the world around us. Is our own spirituality our own destiny? Are we all beings going through life wondering what is going to happen to us only to have that conception of what we expect to happen? Are we no more than atoms and molecules on a larger level? And if so does it continue on into other dimensions only to be held all within a drop of water inside of another universe and so on? could we just be inside of a computer like the sims?If you believe in heaven and hell, purgatory, or reincarnations couldn't they only work if you believe? and if so how does that work? something has to put people in certain places. Some say we are in hell already or heaven already. Could that be true? Could life just be you living life many times over and over doing the same things over again? Or could it be something much different than what we would like to think, like waking up as a baby and life just being a dream. Could it be nothing? Just empty blackness...emptiness? Could the light at the end of the tunnel be us leaving this world, our life, our existence, our love leaving us forever. We are not going to the light but leaving the light, fading away from existence. Any of these and more are possible.

My thought, as of now, is that all have some truth to it. If you want to be rid of this world, you will only live now and be done being reborn. If you love life with a joyful perception unto the death that awaits us all you will be given another ride around this circle of life until you feel the need to move on. Move on to where? Maybe onto real Iife, the real one life we think we are living now. To get there you must learn and to learn you must experience all. You are not everyone who you have ever, learned about or imagined at different times of your spiritual existence but more of you live your life continuously until every choice has been made. And live in the scenario of our parents choices in life. we will always be thier children but maybe next time around we were born when they were 33 not 22, or maybe so you can live with no siblings, or become adopted and many other infinite possibilities. When your born you make decisions that impact the rest of your life. Could every choice you've ever made been a point in your existence to start another existence. Because I chose to wear a hoodie today and not a shirt with a jacket ill live another life that I choose the other outcome. Am I being controlled by fate, god or whoever to make this decision? No I think not. As people believe in angels to be our "guardians" ,to show us our way or even protect us, they give you the notion to pick something. As if the guardian follows you through life to "guide" you to decisions you have not made previously. You still have free will due to the fact that the only way to learn new and different outcomes/choices of life you must have free will to find them on your own time. After all we learned do we then become the guardians to show those after us the way? Or are the guardians our ancestors who've gone through it all and now help us along our journey? The guardian spirits could be the old souls who are the wisest and most knowledgable to guide us through our progression. Could that be another test after all we learned? To become guardians and then learn from guiding new souls throughout their lifetimes so we can all help each other find true nirvana through knowledge and wisdom, music and literature, through sex and divine love or even through wealth and business.

Every person is born with a certain notch that differs them from others. Many people have a unique ability that is a tool for your soul to harness and express to enlighten you and others around you. People can be enlightened in any way imaginable and it can be any better or less than what others have been given as such we are all given a different opportunity to achieve our own level of nirvana with what we are given. It doesn't matter if you're really good at making others laugh, you can become enlightened through comedy and the art of portraying a funny story or scenario. Enlightenment brings you closer to the universe, closer to the world mind, closer to Enlightenment.

The body is a temple and the soul. Like Taoism, the body and soul is as one. Cherish and treat your body, your temple and your soul in the way of which you wish it to be. Not every temple needs fortified walls. You do not need to have a perfect body, rather make it as you want. Temples have writings on the walls to tell a story, as does your scars and tattoos tell a story. As well as the abilities you develope tell a story of you. Chefs/cooks have great knife skills, artists create, athletes have great physical attributes, and mathematicians have great logically thinking brains. Your temple reflex you as you reflect onto your temple.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You're not really making any sense at all.
But when it comes to your 'reborn'-thing, how do you explain the growth in population?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

Just like how everything is born, so is the soul. New souls = new bosily vessels. such is why the universe is ever expanding. Planets, stars, people, and even dirt has a beginning, as which does it all end.

To end these lives I have a twist on Jainism. Jainism is a religion that helps people move on after endless reincarnations. After these reincarnations you move on officially to....well that's the grand question now isn't it?

You could be a guardian, or start the life that your reincarnations prepared you for.
edit on 17-12-2012 by AudioGhost because: Clarity?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AudioGhost

Just like how everything is born, so is the soul. New souls = new bosily vessels. such is why the universe is ever expanding. Planets, stars, people, and even dirt has a beginning, as which does it all end.

We're not really clear on how exactly everything was born, however, new matter is not being created (well, without altering the matter/energy ratio).

But fine, new souls are being created meanwhile old souls are also reused, expanding the number of souls as we go for what reason, and by whom? God?
If a god created this universe, things suddenly become illogical when everything else is beautifully created to function.
Did god tell you this or is the reason for this thought as random as the procedure with souls?

Also, there is nothing that points towards there existing any 'souls' at all.
Also #2, since you already told that people are born with different traits, being different people each time, what exactly is the 'soul' part? What is the point of it? Your 'self' will not be the same if your DNA and cultural influences, physical abuse (what you eat, where you hit your head, bacteria, viruses) vary between these iterations of dying and being reborn.

You could be a guardian, or start the life that your reincarnations prepared you for.
edit on 17-12-2012 by AudioGhost because: Clarity?

If we're fantasizing, yes, you could be anything. But we'll be just dust sooner or later. No more 'self'.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Lmfao no god did not tell me anything. I'm actually not religious in anyway but I ponder upon such things almost daily. I don't meditate or pray or anything of such matters.

What reason for such a rigorous confusingly complex way of thinking? Because it makes me believe that then what is out there. God can be anything to anyone. 3groups argue over one God, while others see God in every object. God is just a tool people have used to explain the world around them, just like people have used mathematics to explain the world around us. Eventually mathematics disproves god, but then helps prove though the beauty of the universe and the complexity of the physics that hold it all together that show if their is a diety who created everything it is of a brilliant mind. Just depends on how you look at it I guess.

For what reason? I don't know, no body knows and if they do know the reason for existence they are lying, or just a really good guesser

Well it is also hard to prove all existence let alone a soul. Are you real? Am I real? Is my iPad real? Yes we can observe, feel, and interact with these things but it doesn't mean it's real. Your brain lies to you a lot, so what is real? What are dreams? How about deja vu or Jamais vu? We don't know how to understand how this works with reality. Sure you can look up a video that shows brain chemicals and data for such things but it does not mean we really know anything about it. Nobody knows anything. Think about it. Everything is here because of thousands of years of our people making these things for us. If we went back to the Stone Age over night majority of people, especially modern people, wouldn't know what to do. Sure we got iPads and stuff but do we really know how o reconstruct such things? We'd end up in caves and have to start all over.

My point to the different traits an such is for a lot of purpose. Think of your life as a video game and the soul as you. Life is the biggest mind f*ck of an rpg we cannot comprehend it with our brains. All we can do is use experience and knowledge to describe such a world around us. Each time your soul goes into being it goes down a different path, thus each reincarnation is a different experience. You may be an amazing guitarist that understands wealth, money, drugs, women and all that while the next would be you as a starving, neglected and abused child to understand suffering. We can only understand so much of happiness until we've suffered and we can only endure so much suffering as we've been happy. Each teaches a valuable lesson and the only way to understand that lesson is to become enlightened by it.

By going through every choice possible to create every situation we learn new ultimately Devine lessons we don't understand until after death. This is my philosophy basically. You don't have to agree, I just wanted to share.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless
You're not really making any sense at all.
But when it comes to your 'reborn'-thing, how do you explain the growth in population?

Population growth is what happens when people reproduce, and those people reproduce, etc, through the years.

To be specific, you are asking about where do all the extra Souls come from if everyone else is reincarnating here ?

The argument inferred there is that reincarnation is false because of the growing population on the planet.. and it is based on a finite number of Human Souls...and there is the misperception. (not the finite number of souls thing)

Souls are neither human or other, they are Souls. They choose to have Human Experiences, or other experiences.

There is a general misperception about Souls, what they are and what they can do. Many people Believe in the concept of New and Old souls.. but that is a misperception too. The only way a Soul could be thought of as New, is that it is new to choosing the Human Experience.

So, to answer your question, the population growth is sustained by more Souls choosing to have Human Experiences, while others are choosing to again have Human Experiences.... Reincarnation.

Some good questions there.

To answer this question..

But fine, new souls are being created meanwhile old souls are also reused, expanding the number of souls as we go for what reason, and by whom? God?

Lets use a little known quote attributed to a Character called Don Juan Matus...

We are energetic probes created by the universe. And it is because we are possessors of awareness, that we are the means by which the universe comes to know itself.

The only illogical nature is mankind, that thinks itself to be the epitome, the greatest and cleverest form of life in the universe, when it is only a minute portion of what exists... but we are Ego-centric in that respect. The universe and all things within it are perfect already, it is Human Ego and Perception that is imperfect

Awareness is a necessary portion of our energetic universe, otherwise our current understanding that nothing exists without an Observer would be proven false already.

Also, there is nothing that points towards there existing any 'souls' at all.

This is correct from a purely scientific viewpoint. A scientific viewpoint that is in the habit of proving itself wrong repeatedly, that knows for example that protons can pop into existence and out again, and reappear somewhere else.. and happily accept that bit of apparent "woo" and yet not Know how that works. So why not extend that confession of "We don't know" to encompass all that Science as yet does not know ?

Also #2, since you already told that people are born with different traits, being different people each time, what exactly is the 'soul' part? What is the point of it? Your 'self' will not be the same if your DNA and cultural influences, physical abuse (what you eat, where you hit your head, bacteria, viruses) vary between these iterations of dying and being reborn.

Let us consider something a little outside the standard accepted box..again, lol.

Many say that the soul does not exist because it is our Brain that is what we are, and upon it's death nothing further can exist of that human being. So how about a revamp in thinking?

Perhaps is may be more the case that our Brain.. the neck-top Bio-computer.. runs software we call the Mind.. the thing that we consider to be 'Us'. Imagine then that the System User is what we could call the Soul. It does not reside within the system, it only steers and operates it for the purpose of gaining varying experiences in each phase of humankind's evolution on this planet.

If we're fantasizing, yes, you could be anything. But we'll be just dust sooner or later. No more 'self'.

Ahh the fantasy fallback, aka nutcases, daydreamers, fruit-loops.. add any of your favourite terms Here.

Yes, our physical bodies will all be dust one day. That's a good thing, imagine having to physically live forever.. what a horrid thought!

There are people in this world who do have extensive experience in these fields of exploration. Not talking about religionsists, theosophical types, new-agers, etc, but real people with real experience that goes far beyond the "normal", the expected, the Believed, and the Indoctrinated limitations of humankind's perception ability.

If one has no such direct experience then one cannot truly make a statement to any fact other than the Consensual Reality .. the very thing that is limited by our limited and ego-centric perceptions.

No offense meant with any of my words.. although I am in a grumpy old man mood today, I do hope that has not tainted my reply to you.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I am all there is and I am all there has ever been. You are also the same. I am not this body. This body that is typing this is merely a window that I look out of. In order to maintain a true relative perspective and a valuable experience, I have this body set up to where it isn't aware of its true nature as the one universal consciousness. So it can still seen in relative terms. This gives me, the one universal consciousness, an infinite range of possible experiences. I see all that is seen and know all that is known. The body that I am using to type this sees only what I have created it to see which is human stuff. I love everything about humans. After all, I created them this way. I don't judge. I only accept. I am you. Acceptance and unconditional love is all that makes sense. The creation may restrict aspects of me for now. They may judge and cut themselves off from me. But this false reality can't last forever. The truth can't remain hidden forever. Eventually all will know that I am all there is.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Your philosphy is great audioghost.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

That is very enlightening to hear, it's like a mix of Rene Descartes and Immanuel Kant but with your own creativity. Thoughts like this make me love this site

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Well thank you!

Like I said its just been some thoughts of mine recently. This semester I studied philosophy, world religions, and art history. All of these intertwine in many ways and thus had me thinking in ways I have never done before.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm just bold, a philosphy is great.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I believe in a semi-deterministic universe. I think our universe knows how to make us and every other life-form that's ever existed and whatever made our universe can make it again, if desired. When we die, that's the end of it. Nothing comes after death for a single consciousness. In the grand scheme of our life, our memories will die, but the code which is us is still preserved somewhere. With enough time, everything gets repeated in some way, whether it's in this universe or in a different one.

IF we're immortal then why did we enter this life without recourse or explanation? Did we not anticipate suffering or pleas for answers? It would seem to be immoral to not give some insight. For these reasons, and maybe others unmentioned, I believe we're not immortal.

That about sums it up. I don't believe we're immortal, but our nature is to some extent.

I believe there is a purpose to this life. I believe it's survival. It's food, water, intelligence, health, family, dreams, innovations, and other such things that enable survival. If there was no purpose then I would not expect to even have to breathe or eat or drink or to do anything at all to live.

Why is our purpose to survive? I can't answer that one. But I can say that this is true for every other life-form, in different ways. We share this earth with a godly number of other creatures. Honestly, there's supposed to be a quintillion ants and 50 some-odd trillion cells in the human body.

Survival is about learning. It's about living and dying. It's about not knowing everything. It's about living within limitations. Perhaps survival is the only raw example of intelligence left in the universe. Maybe most of our universe is simply a oneness that has no name and experiences no change.

Perhaps that thought helps to answer why our purpose is to survive, but I don't pretend it answers it. I really do not know what's outside this reality we live in. I'm only guessing.
edit on 18-12-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Souls are neither human or other, they are Souls. They choose to have Human Experiences, or other experiences.

From where have you pulled this fact about Souls?

There is a general misperception about Souls, what they are and what they can do. Many people Believe in the concept of New and Old souls.. but that is a misperception too. The only way a Soul could be thought of as New, is that it is new to choosing the Human Experience.

I honestly don't know what people who actually think there are such things as 'souls' believe, but I assume that there's almost as many different views on it as there are people believing in souls, simply because they have created it themselves.

So, to answer your question, the population growth is sustained by more Souls choosing to have Human Experiences, while others are choosing to again have Human Experiences.... Reincarnation.

Did a soul tell you this?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless

From where have you pulled this fact about Souls?

I honestly don't know what people who actually think there are such things as 'souls' believe, but I assume that there's almost as many different views on it as there are people believing in souls, simply because they have created it themselves.

Did a soul tell you this?

Hi,

Sorry to take a while to respond, I've not been home for a few days.

Your questions..

Q1/ Why ? Are you hinting at some superior knowledge you wish to reveal or just your opinion ?

Q2/ No.

To the middle comment...

Most thoughts about Souls are Indoctrinated into the masses in some form or another, like everything else in the Dream we are all expected to accept to be "normal".

The traditional Beliefs have been around for ages, no one needs to create it themselves.. that would be re-inventing the wheel, not making it obsolete in light of something more effective.

I look forward to your reply.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Sorry to take a while to respond, I've not been home for a few days.

That is perfectly fine.

Q1/ Why ? Are you hinting at some superior knowledge you wish to reveal or just your opinion ?

No, you stated some specific "facts" about souls, and obviously I would like to know how you know this.
Also, I did not hint at any knowledge, I merely asked you as you are the one with the "facts".

Q2/ No.

Okay, it was just a guess. How do you know, then?

Most thoughts about Souls are Indoctrinated into the masses in some form or another, like everything else in the Dream we are all expected to accept to be "normal".

Don't we know where all these thoughts come from? From times before proper knowledge about our universe?

The traditional Beliefs have been around for ages, no one needs to create it themselves.. that would be re-inventing the wheel, not making it obsolete in light of something more effective.

Actually, on the sections about religion and spirits on this site, people who actually believe in these things are arguing amongst themselves on how these things really work and what they mean. Exactly for the reason stated above. They have a common starting-point, and since these aren't any facts, and they have little to rely on, they create their own versions of spirits, gods, ghosts and souls.
There is nothing strange about that.

new topics

top topics

join