It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange noise heard in the West Midlands area of the UK - sounds like an air raid siren towards the

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I've been on ATS for several years reading in the shadows. This is my first post. On the 11th of December 2012 4:25 am GMT, I heard a strange tone emitting from outside, I grabbed my digital voice recorder opened the window and recorded what I could hear. The reason I left it so long between hearing the noise and posting this threat is because I've been really busy and only had time now, anyway, I heard this tone for about 4 minutes and dismissed it as general noise before I discovered it was coming from outside. Once I opened my window I could hear this noise constantly outside, there were no planes in sight of the sky, nor was anybody around.

I have included the audio it a link attached below, it resembles an air raid siren towards the end. After this tone stopped about 20 minutes later there was another tone of a lot higher frequency which could be vaguely be picked up, however I didn't record the second sound due to the voice recorder would not have picked it up.

Regardless, Id like to hear you guys explanation for what this noise could be

Heres the link, Sound
edit on 16-12-2012 by AG123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Oh my God, with all the sirens in the world available it must have been something really sinister.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

lol, I just find it strange because I have never once heard this sound here before and I'm always up at all hours of the morning. I'm not claiming its some supernatural sound just wondering what it is hence the post

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Can you upload somewhere that does nor require software downloads please?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by splitfamiliar

its uploaded to sendspace theres no need for any software, please click the second link to download once your on the page not the one at the top, it takes you to some other software.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AG123

They occasionally sound these as memorials, but 4am seems a little odd. Similar sirens are also used to warn of quarry blasts.

Sorry that I don't have much more info for you.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Ok thanks for that!

I have heard sirens before, as a child I lived very close to Rampton hospital and you could hear the sirens about eight miles away when someone escaped.

My Grandma ran a village post office and when I was around seven or eight we found an air raid siren and cranked it up. Apparently it was for use in a four minute warning and I got in a bit of trouble when people started coming out of there cottages!

She had a small communication box in the post office and was supposed to sound the alarm in the event of nuclear attack, It sounded pretty similar so maybe someone found one?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AG123

Hi mate, i'm from the West Midlands too and i heard this on the same day as you! I heard it around 2-2.30 though, i even recognise the change towards the end of your recording ,eery indeed!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by splitfamiliar

Interesting, what gets me though is the length of the tone before it 'declines' if you will, normally I thought aid sirens would go up then down like a sinusoidal audio wave. I wish I had recorded the second noise that followed, or at least attempted to get something out of it

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Give me a loud siren over here a brum accent any day

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AG123

If I remember correctly the one I sounded hit a certain pitch and stayed there unless you altered the speed you were cranking it but I was only small and it was pretty hard to turn. I would say it's consistent but why it was done is another story...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by freakanature

What area are you from?, I live close to Dudley about 5 minutes away. I didn't hear this noise at the time you stated but was awake through the night, did you hear a higher frequency noise after as well ?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

har har, Our luvlay yam yam accent isnt suh bad yano

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AG123

I live IN Dudley mate, and yeah after the sound had 'died down' so to speak, their was a weird high frequency sound but i put that down to my ears?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

The West Midlands isn't just Birmingham! It is also home to the great Black Country!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by freakanature

What a small world lol, that's what I was thinking but then the noise could be heard quite loud at some points so I thought It cant just be my ears, the fact you heard it to confirms it then I guess.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AG123
I've been on ATS for several years reading in the shadows. This is my first post. On the 11th of December 2012 4:25 am GMT, I heard a strange tone emitting from outside, I grabbed my digital voice recorder opened the window and recorded what I could hear. The reason I left it so long between hearing the noise and posting this threat is because I've been really busy and only had time now, anyway, I heard this tone for about 4 minutes and dismissed it as general noise before I discovered it was coming from outside. Once I opened my window I could hear this noise constantly outside, there were no planes in sight of the sky, nor was anybody around.

I have included the audio it a link attached below, it resembles an air raid siren towards the end. After this tone stopped about 20 minutes later there was another tone of a lot higher frequency which could be vaguely be picked up, however I didn't record the second sound due to the voice recorder would not have picked it up.

Regardless, Id like to hear you guys explanation for what this noise could be

Heres the link, Sound
edit on 16-12-2012 by AG123 because: (no reason given)

ANSWER = RECORDED "VACUUMING YOUR CARPET" THEN REVERSED THE AUDIO...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AG123

Arr small world ayit! I cor see a reason that we both heard it and it day happen, weird times kid!

OR... In the Queens English:

Small world indeed! Yep, i can't see a reason that we'd both here it yet it never have happened, weird times we live in!

John
edit on 16-12-2012 by freakanature because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AscendedGodMan2012

I think this comment is sarcastic, but if not... Did you skip the part where me and another poster both comfirmed hearing this sound... Deny Ignorance
edit on 16-12-2012 by freakanature because: Added more detail

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Sounds like one of these...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join