It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK planet X, I think we're ready for you now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I've been in a daze all evening, what the hell is going on here? It just keeps getting worse, every time something bad happens we act civilized for a while, then we let it happen again. Over and over the horror continues without end, the suffering and sadness so intense it can't be measured or described.
What did we expect? Every video game involves violence, every song glorifies gangsters, bitches and drugs. There isn't a single television show for teens that doesn't promote dancing and "being a superstar" or violence in one form or the other.
Since 911 we have cameras everywhere and yet the violence, the crime, the terror has actually increased. Following every tragedy we see swarms of law enforcement officers swarming the area with automatic weapons, for WHAT?
We are a species beyond redemption, we consume and destroy, we waste and hoard, we never learn. I hate myself for being a part of this "civilization", I am guilty by association, guilty of inaction and tolerance.
If this is the path we've chosen, if this is the world we've built for the children it's probably better to just erase it all before we do more damage. I wasn't worried about the 2012 thing before today, it was just another prediction. I'm not worried about it now either, I'm praying for it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This is what happens when you take animals out of their natural environment and force them to live together. We should have never left the jungle/forest at least that's how I see it. I seriously hope we (the human race) can pull it together. This world gets more and more sickening every day.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

There is always hope,,,,we just forget to pick out the good stuff that happens. It's not often that the good stuff hits the news...just look around and you can see it..I see it everyday whether it's a young kid giving up his seat for an older person on the train, people putting money in a homeless persons tin, someone donating blood or in general, the volunteers that put in overtime to help a stranger...it's there however when you see what was on the news yesterday (my time zone) you forget that...it's ok to forget it now because we are all grieving but even with this horrific tragedy there is still good going on out there..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker13068
This is what happens when you take animals out of their natural environment and force them to live together. We should have never left the jungle/forest at least that's how I see it. I seriously hope we (the human race) can pull it together. This world gets more and more sickening every day.

A nice quiet log cabin sounds pretty good right now.
I think we all need a little quiet time to review the past and plan a better future.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by Trublbrwing

There is always hope,,,,we just forget to pick out the good stuff that happens. It's not often that the good stuff hits the news...just look around and you can see it..I see it everyday whether it's a young kid giving up his seat for an older person on the train, people putting money in a homeless persons tin, someone donating blood or in general, the volunteers that put in overtime to help a stranger...it's there however when you see what was on the news yesterday (my time zone) you forget that...it's ok to forget it now because we are all grieving but even with this horrific tragedy there is still good going on out there..

Thank's for the pep talk, you set a pretty good example by offering kind words to a complete stranger.
I'm overwhelmed with anger, sadness, confusion and disgust. I just don't understand any of it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Seems the guy might have been full of similar things.

Who knows, he might have been a 2012 is the end of times kinda guy and flipped out early.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
A nice quiet log cabin sounds pretty good right now.
I think we all need a little quiet time to review the past and plan a better future.

That's for sure nothing like starving, freezing, and going stir crazy for a while to stabilize your life.

top topics

join