It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Claims Success in Rocket Launch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

North Korea Claims Success in Rocket Launch

online.wsj.com

North Korea issued a brief statement saying the rocket successfully launched a satellite into space. The claim couldn't be immediately confirmed. Other countries saw the launch as a cover for a test of long-range missile technology and urged Pyongyang to call it off.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What a great day for North Korea.

North Korea is on a roll. They finished their awesome Motel that took so long to complete and now they have launched a satelite.

I have also noticed that North Korea is doing well with their national sports teams of late.

The new leader seems to be doing a great job.

Its good to seem have some success.
online.wsj.com
edit on 11-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
When he gets rid of the vast poverty that plagues NK, starts treating the civilians as human beings with all the rights and freedoms they deserve, AND doesn't use his new long range rocket to launch a nuke, then I will say job well done....until then.......
edit on 11/12/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

Your kidding right?

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I guess.

But it must be hard when the world wont trade with them.

It also seems like many North Koreans are very happy.

Sure they have their problems but I take what is said about them with a grain of salt. I think it would be more constructive to offer them the hand of friendship instead of being critical all the time.

Plus they dont get many days in the sun. Im glad they get one today.

link   
BREAKING: NORAD says North Korean missile appears to have launched 'an object' into orbit!

link   

Originally posted by spangledbanner
What a great day for North Korea.

North Korea is on a roll. They finished their awesome Motel that took so long to complete and now they have launched a satelite.

I have also noticed that North Korea is doing well with their national sports teams of late.

The new leader seems to be doing a great job.

Its good to seem have some success.
online.wsj.com

Yeah I heard they placed 3rd in the international Gangnam style dance-off.
: D

Seriously though, its interesting they 'cancelled' their missle launch yesterday. Hermmmmm.

Edit: Meh, nevermind. Just a satellite for free NFL Sunday ticket.
edit on 11-12-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

It's easy to look happy on camera when off camera there is likely someone pointing a rifle at you and / or fear for your life should you say the wrong thing.

or

It's easy to look happy on camera when you have been brought up to believe the world you live in is just how your glorious leader tells you it is, with no real access to the outside world to learn otherwise.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Seems like Un is turning things around.

He seems like a good guy. He has a western education. He doesnt seem as out there as his father.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

It's easy to look happy on camera when off camera there is likely someone pointing a rifle at you and / or fear for your life should you say the wrong thing.

or

It's easy to look happy on camera when you have been brought up to believe the world you live in is just how your glorious leader tells you it is, with no real access to the outside world to learn otherwise.

The Koreans at the Olympics seemed normal and happy. Im not so sure its as bad as Human Rights groups and traitors make it out to be.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It didnt explode on lift off, therefore it is a success.

I say, we pickout a vacant, remote island and tell Nkorea if they can hit it, we will give them respect.

At the moment, it seems they light the fuse, put their fingers in their ears and hope for the best!

link   

He seems like a good guy. He has a western education. He doesnt seem as out there as his father.

But the guys in the background pulling the strings until Un is kicked into shape seem just as out there as his father/grand father.....give it time.

Hey, I hope you are right and NK finally gets to join the rest of the civilised world, I've just got a sad feeling it's a loooong way off.

link   

This is the same guy who's favorite movie is the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Isnt it strange that that gangnam guy has songs about wanting to murder US soldiers and their families yet nobody seems to mind?

I thought South Koreans liked America? It seems like many South Koreans hate america for some reason.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

Nice catch!

www.norad.mil...

PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. - North American Aerospace Defense Command officials acknowledged today that U.S. missile warning systems detected and tracked the launch of a North Korean missile at 7:49 p.m. EST. The missile was tracked on a southerly azimuth. Initial indications are that the first stage fell into the Yellow Sea. The second stage was assessed to fall into the Philippine Sea. Initial indications are that the missile deployed an object that appeared to achieve orbit. At no time was the missile or the resultant debris a threat to North America.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

This is the same guy who's favorite movie is the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Split Infinity

I like that movie. I think Rob Zombies House of 1000 corpses is better though.

I think he sounds like a normal guy. Im sure he will be easier for the west/South Korea to live with than his Dad.

I dont think he has done anything terrible yet.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

It also seems like many North Koreans are very happy.

I'm sure North Koreans are very happy that the government spent resources, time and money on this instead of necessities to live.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
so i guess if you like certen movies your a bad person?? *shakes head*

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSinFull

Depends.

Did he like the first one, or the remake?

Because the remake is horrible.

---

Also, shouldn't we be saying the U.S defense grid "allowed" their rocket to launch this time?

Oh, you were wondering where those trillions were going?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Even if he's not as out there as his father, these launches aren't helping feed his people, a third of which are estimated to be malnourished (from OP link):

There have been few indications the secretive and impoverished state, where the United Nations estimates a third of the population is malnourished, has made any advances in opening up economically over the past year.

North Korea remains reliant on minerals exports to China and remittances from tens of thousands of its people working on labor projects overseas.

The 22 million population often needs handouts from defectors who have escaped to South Korea in order to afford basic medicines.

Given the puny size of its economy - per capita income is less than $2,000 a year - one of the few ways that North Korea can attract world attention is by emphasizing its military threat.

Pyongyang wants the United States to resume aid and to recognize it diplomatically, although the April launch skippered a planned food deal.
So what's more important, feeding people, or launching missiles against the advice of the entire world, including it's ally China? He still doesn't have his priorities straight even if he's not as loony as his dad. Would a good guy make people starve so he can defy the world with some stupid launch? I say, no. If he's trying to turn it around, he's not trying hard enough.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join