It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Guardian insinuates Bush should be assassinated!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr - where are you now that we need you?

Could someone point out the humor in the above statement? I can't seem to find it.

Two of these three killed a president of the U.S. (though, I personally believe that Oswald had help) and the third attempted to kill Reagan!

There is absolutely no humor in insinuating the assassination of any Head of State, in any country that elects their officials.

If this guy was an American, he's be in jail at this moment waiting to be tried!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
I am totally baffled by the brilliance of this ranconteur's delusions of self importance. A british journalist slaying himself with his own mediocre writing skills and attacking another country to the point of suggesting an assassination attempt on the President. Mostly I am baffled by his need to aim at America, I would have thought that he would have more than enough opportunity to attack the monarchy of his country who are intellectually challenged inbreds who own most of the country. By comparison Bush is a genius.

*sigh* He wasn't advocating an assassination attempt, he was using a literary device. The article was this man's opinion, which he is entitled to voice. The monarchy of my country has nothing to do with it (and I really don't see what it has to do with this issue). By comparison with you, Bush is a genius.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I really cannot stand Bush. The real question is; would people in the U.K think it was funny if they have had a number of their political leaders killed within the last 140 years. I do not believe they would. If they did then I truly do not want you as allies.

It would be like the U.S press saying Diana had it coming for not wearing a seatbelt.. For all those who did greive how funny is that.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
If this guy was an American, he's be in jail at this moment waiting to be tried!

That's the point, he isn't American. As a result, he has the freedom to say what he pleases. Maybe they need special American editions of foreign newspapers and place emoticons all over the articles.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The Guardian hasn't 'done' anything.

A guest writer made a crack or two about Bush, thats all.

Just like loads do in papers the world over......even in the USA.

It wasn't a Guardian editorial.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I really can't see anything to get too worked up about.

Hey, maybe there are a few home-grown good ol' boys out there that would do the deed for their 15 minutes of fame, but they'd be lucky to get anywhere near him, seeing as even peaceful protestors are rounded up by riot gearing cops so Bushbaby doesn't see them.

If I were Bush I'd be more frightened of being martyred for the cause by Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Perle, Feith...etc.....etc....
These buggers wouldn't think twice about having him offed to further their mad ideology and provide an excuse to go bomb the crap out of another ME country

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You guys need to calm down the man was clearly joking, I think the only reason you guys are so pissed off is because this was written by a foreign journalist. Admittedly as much as I would like to see Blair go through a wood chipper if an American journalist started criticising him in the same manner id be pretty annoyed too. I guess its like when someone calls your mum a rude word, you can get away with it but any one else and its their ass through the wood chipper.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Where's the crazied car chasing paparazzi when you need them?

[edit on 10/24/2004 by QuietSoul]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I think it was Cargo that said it best. Typical Brit humor. No big deal.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Yeah i agree with my fellow Brits on this one, the journalist is clearly joking. Can you not see it from the rest of the article?

Guess that's why i prefer British humour to US anyday ( as i stated in a seperate post )

If there's not a "Cheer" or "Boo!" sign on the roof then the US audience are left scratching their heads.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think back in the 40's we should have waited a few more months so the Germans could have killed more of the Brits. Perhaps we wouldn't be listening to the rhetoric of the glories-gone-by fools today. I had never made a great deal of an opinion about the Brits before I heard the latest trash coming from their little island that could, but seeing as I've only ever met slutty women and soldiers from there, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Armystalker, what a good idea, perhaps you should have left the Brits to fight the fascists alone for a few months more, killed a few more Brits, prolong the the war, allow a few more million people to die...............

Yes good idea, not.

Get an education, along with an appreciation of humour, oh and a reality check as well......you idiot.

Regards,
Spacemunkey.

kix

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just to think of Bush going the way of the dodo and Chenney taking over gives nightmares...

"shivers"

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I love that reasoning. Left the Brits to fight the facists longer, so more Brits die, and perhaps end up having to fight facism in your own backyard as a result.

Genius! And you are in the military? I thought there was a certain level of intelligence required for that job...

dh

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Personally, I think if Bush is re-elected he will go down
It wasn't meant to be that way
If we were meant to see happier times for the coalition, WMD would have been found in Iraq
It would have been the simplest thing in the world for them to have been transported in
The fact that the country was wiped completely clean spelt the end for Dubya
So this is neither wishing nor prediction, (I've had my hand slapped by ATS before on this), but if re-elected George W is gone
A sacrifice by a semi-elite family of its own idiot child, but such is the price to be paid for benefiting from the agenda

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Army stalker you�re an idiot plane and simple. Do you honestly think any war is fought for the good of others? Do you not understand the fact that WORLD war 2 was called so for a reason? If the British went down you were next and to be honest I wouldn�t be surprised if you joined the Nazis to save your own arses. Have some bloody respect! Joining the battle did your country more good than harm. Not to mention the fact that you turned on your allies (Russia) into a scapegoat to help boost your economy and scare your population into mass spending and supporting whatever bull you suggested.

I cant seem to express this feeling as eloquently as I wish, but I hate the fact that you bloody yanks feel that you saved the world. It makes me sick!

I don�t blame you for being patriotic but open your freaking eyes!

I hated history at school, but what has happened recently has made me realise that history repeats itself. So the more we know about the past the better we are at recognising the monotonous rubbish being told to us today.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The only idiot I see here is a certain person saying the US would have kissed the Nazis a-hole. Why dont that person lighten up? Give me a break.
PLONK

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Sorry I was drunk when I posted that but i stand by what i said. I�m fed up with this outlook that many Americans hold. You did not �rescue� us from the Nazis; you merely helped along with many other countries to crush the awful fascist movement spreading through Europe and Asia. If we should be thankful for any ones contribution it should be the Russians, without their involvement I doubt I�d be speaking English right now.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

The final sentence of a column in The Guide on Saturday caused offence to some readers. The Guardian associates itself with the following statement from the writer.

"Charlie Brooker apologises for any offence caused by his comments relating to President Bush in his TV column, Screen Burn. The views expressed in this column are not those of the Guardian. Although flippant and tasteless, his closing comments were intended as an ironic joke, not as a call to action - an intention he believed regular readers of his humorous column would understand. He deplores violence of any kind."

The guardian has withdrawn the story saying the columnist "deplores violence of any kind"

Yeah Right.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
of Roman Society and the United States???

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join