It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Guardian insinuates Bush should be assassinated!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i think a reality check is needed here. the article was written in humour, thats the british way im afraid. Tony Blair gets just as much of a going over from the British press as Bush does. get a copy of recent episodes of "have i got news for you?" or copies of private eye , blair takes a slating! i think the us needs a system suchas Prime Ministers question time, its excellent, you really get to see the politicians get stuck right in to each other. i think if this system were adopted in the US then people would have a better idea of who they would vote for. as it happens the president only gets really grilled a couple of times every four years. on a personal note - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY, DON'T VOTE BUSH!

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
All you Bush haters please be patient. As soon as he is re-elected we will be coming for you........I promise. You needn't worry anymore, we will provide everything you need to leave this planet.

Now that's funny!

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What i love on threads like this are the Americans who can understand the irony in an article like that.

The ones who accept they're not the be all and end all.

The ones who critisise thier government, media and laws as there will never be a "perfect" system.

However, I cant stand people who say, oh " we saved the world in WW2 " and....

" oh look where's the crazied photographers when you need them" with a pic of Princess Diana's car all smashed up!

Yeah, because, the writer only put "Lets kill GW Bush" in his article, and nothing else... jesus, look at the context in it before commenting please. It's not like he put a pic of Kennedy's assasination in the article and said "Lets do this to your President"

I honestly can't believe some people can be so ignorant. Well played to the Liberal thinking Americans on this forum... If only your fellow citizens could be as enlightened as you

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Every "Enlightened Liberal" I ever met was a moron with some degree in something stupid like basketweaving. Each shouting "look at me I'm smart". Liberalizm is a deadend lie for idiots.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
enlightened liberal?
i am in the british military mate. i am as patriotic as the next man. if you cant see past your own nose then thats your own problem, you do what you want. bush is a prick and kerry is a prick, its just that bush is a less intelligent prick. your call.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm with Intelearthling here. Please point out the "funny" part. Seriously. I want to laugh too.

....Or is it that Britian has civilized so much that wishing the death of someone you have never met, and probably will never meet is now humourous?

Sorry for being so American, but I just don't see humor in anyone's death.

Like Bush or not, he's still human, still has a family, still has friends....the only difference is he has the absolute hardest job in the world.

Forget Oswald and the rest id happily put a bullet through the skull of that poor excuse for a human being, iv seen more appropriate candidates for the presidency of the US playing on the swings down the park.

Amazing. You're willing to commit cold blooded murder on someone you don't know, because.....of what? He kick your dog or something?

He didn't call for the assassination of Bush.

*sigh* He wasn't advocating an assassination attempt, he was using a literary device

"John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr - where are you now that we need you?"

What was he implying then if it wasn't assasination? Please help me out here.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
really, you just wont get it. if you heard some one say it then perhaps, imagine a comedian or talk show host saying it. if your a brit then you could imagine ian hyslop or paul merton coming out with that every week and getting a right could laugh. mark lamarrs another one. you just have to hear it in context with the correct inflection to make sense of it. their is no way of adequatly explaining it.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I am ex-marine "mate". Kerry is a coward, Bush is no dummy. Can you do A-4 fuel/arms calculations w/o a calculator? Bush did, "mate".

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
in a reply to a previous post, that we dont know what its like to have president assasinated we did have prime minister spencer perceval assasinated in the 19th century, as well as lord kitchener in india and lord mountbatten by the IRA in 1979.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I find nothing funny about Bush being assassinated or the need to keep him from being elected for the first time.

If i were suicidal i would consider it as a last gift to the world.
Darn, I love being alive too much.

I don't want to see America 'the bastion of freedom' turned into the 'christian nazi state'.

Before 911 the Bush presidency was looking very dismal. If people could get the blinders off and realize what a travesty all of his domestic and much of his foreign policy have been they would realize what a dead end he is leading us towards.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
congrats! how about some second order differential calculus? dont give me the "he's a genius" banter because he can do some basic arithmatic.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What's wrong with being a liberal thinker?

Oh wait i forgot your media stops you from thinking outside the box

Anyways as my fellow scot says, your never going to understand the humour, you can't even realise it was a joke

"someone's trying to kill our president" no no no, it doesn't say that, it was just a journalist having a laugh, we can all understand that. If he said that about Blair we'd laugh too, it's not to be taken seriously... it's... *dum dum dum*....*Drum roll*....

...A Joke

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Read the offending?
article in context,

zero lift

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
"At 0500hrs this morning Team Bush dispatched a crack team of homeboys lead by PFC Horacid to invade the UK. Preliminary reports suggest that upon storming the Devon coastline, members of the 82nd 50cent Battallion met a barrage of beer bottles and ridicule which forced them to retreat. The only reported casualties so far were sustained when a member tripped and graised a knee after his oversized pants slipped to his ankles."

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I really can't understand why people are so upset over this. It would be like our members from Great Britain getting upset about an article in the National Enquirer claiming that the Queen of England is an alien and needed to be exterminated.

Its The Guardian for goodness sakes!

I could understand if it was BBC but it's NOT.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Porter Goss not withstanding, if it's to be done, the CIA will take the lead.

On the article....so what? Humor plays differently in different locals. Americans can take away that Bush is universally despised.....and would be here as well, if we weren't so locked in a vice grip to the TV teet. Then, a complicit corporate media might tell you:

- The GOP requires a loyalty oath to see our 'president' ( *pssst....news people....that's fascism....gonna say something?)

- Non 'political' cabinet officials are out campaigning ( *pssst....news people....why's the Homeland Security Director, NSA, Sec. of Commerce, Health & Human Services heads not taking care of the WAR, SECURITY, VACCINES, JOB CREATION!?.....gonna say something? * )

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join