It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Area 51 Imagery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Gariac mentioned it in a previous post, but it may not have been that clear.

Someone else discovered this recently on another website.
The imagery on Bing Maps is newer than the most recent imagery on Google Earth:

binged.it...

or here, which I prefer:
virtualglobetrotting.com...

There is no image date attached, other than "2012 Microsoft Corp" and "2012 DigitalGlobe" so no idea what the actual image date was.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Why is it always so disappointing to see these places in real detail? Up close where I can count cracks in the extended lake bed runway, it's just as boring as any office or airport industrial park area in the world. I don't know what I thought I would see in the venerable Area 51, seeing clear and high resolution photos of it.....but I guess I expected something. Something future like... lol.... It's just boring.

So how much does it cost...speaking of budget cuts....to maintain a nicely groomed ball field in one of the harshest dry climates on Earth? I hope they don't have to transport in the water at too high a cost. I mean, cut costs everywhere, right? lol.... What is that other green area to the northwest? It looks like a couple little holding ponds with the main our surrounded by grass and small trees? That almost qualifies as an alien world simulation in that setting I suppose.

Thanks for sharing! Now I'll go back and spend real time looking out 10-15 miles in all directions for what we're not supposed to care enough to look for while 'ooooo'ing and ahhhhh'ing' at the main facility.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Just so well said... I was going to reply, but why bother now?

Nothing I can add really, just wanted to let you know, how you stole the words right out of my mouth

SS

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

True.

I understand it's actually quite boring to work there. Everybody has only a 'piece' of a greater part of something else to work on and can't look at any one else's piece.
Almost no one sees any 'black project' unless they are directly involved. Even most of those are flown back to Vegas every day, black projects worked on at night and tested at night.
If there were anything by way of ET there, which if any are most likely elsewhere, it stays underground and no one but a handful sets eyes on it.
edit on 9-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Because they conceal whatever they are doing when satellites pass.
You wont see anything there that isnt public knowledge.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

thanks let the treasure hunt begin
I will return later with my findings

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Correct.
All the good stuff is underground or in the hangars.

Some cool pics here:
linky

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr

Originally posted by Juggernog

Correct.
All the good stuff is underground or in the hangars.

Some cool pics here:
linky

Sweet thanks..
Star for you

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I prefer to look around. Everyone will be looking at the main base. Meanwhile the secret stuff is being built elsewhere.

Take these two screen shots I took a little while ago for example. Not too far from the main base. I took the same shots on my old computer earlier in the year but sadly lost that laptop due to unforseen circumstances. Thanks to your thread I have now found the place again!
Cheers for the bing link two. I didn't even realise bing maps existed.

Could be nothing but a hanger........could be something secret and sinister right under our noses....

edit on 9-12-2012 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

That base is the AOF (Aerial Operations Facility) of the Nevada Test Site (NTS, NNSA, NNSS, N2S2). It used to be where the NTS staged their helicopters. The paved runway wasn't there at the time. It is a Lockheed UAV test facility. There are numerous threads on ATS about it.

When it first appeared on Google Earth, I searched for environmental reports about it. There were none. I spent time on the phone with Nevada environmental clearing house. They admitted nothing. I eventually got the NTS public affairs office to admit it existed, but provided no further information.

Eventually an environmental document was released to the public long after the facility was complete. The so-called public input on the project was commentary from the Desert Research Institute. The DRI is totally compromised by the government. Remember, they are the same outfit that put the spy camera weather station on Tikaboo with a USAF grant. There is a USAF facility on Badger Mountain where the weather station could have been located. They picked Tikaboo simply to spy on the tourists.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The new Bing imagery goes as far north as the Tonopah Test Range. I spotted a new building there near the second guard shack.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
The new Bing imagery goes as far north as the Tonopah Test Range. I spotted a new building there near the second guard shack.

And as far south as Creech. Spotted at least one new building, more under construction, and it appears they have done a whole lot of landscaping.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Here are the ATS AOF threads.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The coordination to use this base is a bit tricky. The AOF contacts Desert Rock over Mercury Radio. The controller at Desert Rock checks with Groom Lake by what I assume is a phone line of sorts since the conversation never appears on a scanner. Essentially what you have is an uncontrolled airport that needs controlling, but the ATC towers (Groom and Desert Rock) have no visual of the AOF runway. I assume both Groom and Desert Rock can see the airspace via radar, but they need to coordinate the traffic between them, otherwise the Janets and UAVs could collide.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is the new building at the TTR. It is the building at the far left.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Judging from sun angles, looks like these pics were taken in a March or September time-frame, around 10-11am; activity would indicate a weekday. There's a new water tower next to the old (red and white) one.

Some early wth's? :

Lat: 37.2315585 Lon: -115.8139014
Lat: 37.2305740 Lon: -115.8146913
Lat: 37.2325750 Lon: -115.8167244
Lat: 37.2327544 Lon: -115.8147115

I'm never one to think imagery has been intentionally photoshopped, but these look interesting.

Ideas?
edit on 9-12-2012 by bryanm61 because: (adding time-frame)

edit on 9-12-2012 by bryanm61 because: adding new water tower

edit on 9-12-2012 by bryanm61 because: adding a wth

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bryanm61

I think those white blurs are just screw ups. Google earth has them too. When they hide something, it looks photoshoped. The last coordinates you supplied looked more like a trailer than a fubar.

The new water tower foundation is in the present Google Earth imagery. You can also see it in the panoramas from 2010 and 2011.
www.lazygranch.com...
The TTR added a second water tower years ago. Usually there is a spec for how much water to have on hand based on square footage of the facility. If you expand the base, you need more water. However the TTR didn't get appreciably bigger.

I'm not sure how you arrived at the time of year, but everything looks dry, so September is more likely than March.

If you go to where the workers park their cars, there seemed to be more civilian cars there than usual.
37°14'33.29"N 115°49'23.08"W

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I googled AOF Base, Nevada last night after your reply and the search brought some random options. As I was browsing the page I noticed my web cam light came on so I quickly close IE and my web cam was indeed on and had opened on it's own!?

Strange.. That was too much paranoia for one night!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Thanks for the info, Gariac!

Time of year estimate: We first estimate the time of day; this is from the ANGLE of long shadows (towers, poles, etc.) in terms of azimuth relative to North. As the sun tracks through the sky from dawn to dusk, the shadow will be cast pointing west in the early morning, to north at noon, to east in the late afternoon.

These images show a slightly northwestern orientation, so a little before noon, probably 1-2 hours.

Once the time of day is estimated, we then look at the LENGTH of the shadows. At summer solstice, noon shadows will be shortest; at winter solstice they will be longest (in the Northern Hemisphere, of course). We then compare these lengths to imagery - taken close to our target latitude - of known dates (I know, I know, GE dates are always suspect).

So I looked at a dozen or more images from similar latitudes in NV, Fresno, and the south bay area of San Francisco with known or fairly-well known dates. The closest length aspects seemed to correspond late winter or late summer time frames, hence March or September, give or take.

Make sense?

I live in Las Vegas. As far as wetness goes, it doesn't much matter what time of year it is, it's almost always dry. Some clues can be gathered from latent snow cover in the high mountains (say, Mt. Charleston or the Kawich Range north of Groom). There's no snow anywhere that I can find, so I would tend to agree with you, - assuming the mountain imagery was taken at the same time as the Groom imagery. Late summer or early autumn it is!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bryanm61

aa.usno.navy.mil...

I'm more familiar with moon angles. I do use the website link above to determine when the sun angle is sufficient for the A-12 hangar doors to be lit. You can't go too early in the year.

The brush around the range is a bit greener earlier in the year than later, so you can kind of estimate the time of year, but not completely since the color cast of the satellite imagery isn't consistent. They often don't even get the exposure correct due to the dry lakes being so bright.

One of the most studied dry lakes for radiometry is Lunar Lake:
38°23'52.21"N 115°59'26.51"W
The markings from the various expeditions there used to be on Google Earth community, but are now gone. I suspect Google removes some of the community earth markings on request from "qualified" people. An example is the Power Line Overlook, located at
37°27'32.36"N 115°25'25.33"W
It used to be marked by the community. In the case of Lunar Lake, there are markings on it where they leave unattended instrumentation for remote sensing (radiometry) studies. They have been removed as well.

I noticed to the east of the Power Line Overlook, there is new imagery dated 6/15/2011. It looks very good. You can clearly make out this guzzler:
37°27'0.37"N 115°23'49.14"W

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yeh it looks interesting

<<   2 >>

join