It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power Poles on Fire in Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Silver iodide used for cloud seeding shorting out power poles? They had all those fires in Texas I wonder if they are cloud seeding. Cloud seeding will also break up fog. It is used at air ports to get rid of fog.
edit on 6-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Originally posted by thudpuddy
This may be stupid and God knows particle physics are way over my head but remember not long ago when the large hadron collider was running an experiment shooting subatomic particles though the earth at Italy ? It should stick in every ones memory because they seemed to be moving faster than the speed of light .
I wonder if it's possible they're trying it on a grander scale and they're aim is off .

You might be onto something thudpuddy. Several years ago a group of friends of mine (all welders who worked for the same company) worked up somewhere around the Dallas/Fort Worth area for almost two years making bigtime money (way above scale with all expenses paid). They claimed to have been working on something similar to the Hadron Collider and that it was built in a huge underground complex. They said they had to take a wire cage elevator down to work every day. I don't know anything more than that,but a few of the guys still live in the area. If I run across one of them I will ask for more information.

Actually you are correct and if IRC it was being built in the area around Hillsboro - which is the area where alot of these poles are located. About an hour or so south of Ft Worth on I35.

ETA: We've had fog for several days along with the dust here in SET and no power pole fires.
edit on 12/6/2012 by TXTriker because: add

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yep they are cloud seeding Texas.

abcnews.go.com...

By JUJU CHANG (@JujuChangABC) and NICK CAPOTE Oct. 6, 2012 Craig Funke's job is to fly a small plane to the edge of violent thunderstorms and back. The former commercial pilot is not some adrenaline junkie courting danger. He is a cloud seeder in Pleasanton, Texas, chasing menacing storms to artificially prime the clouds to deliver extra rain over drought-stricken farmland.

edit on 6-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Pleasanton is quite a ways from the fires - several hours drive time

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

Here is a map showing some of the places they are doing now.

Texas Weather Modification Association
www.texasweathermodification.com...

Map only shows part of it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Does George W Bush live anywhere nearby? I'm surprised that things near him don't erupt into spontaneous combustion all the time...

/sarc/

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Originally posted by thudpuddy
This may be stupid and God knows particle physics are way over my head but remember not long ago when the large hadron collider was running an experiment shooting subatomic particles though the earth at Italy ? It should stick in every ones memory because they seemed to be moving faster than the speed of light .
I wonder if it's possible they're trying it on a grander scale and they're aim is off .

You might be onto something thudpuddy. Several years ago a group of friends of mine (all welders who worked for the same company) worked up somewhere around the Dallas/Fort Worth area for almost two years making bigtime money (way above scale with all expenses paid). They claimed to have been working on something similar to the Hadron Collider and that it was built in a huge underground complex. They said they had to take a wire cage elevator down to work every day. I don't know anything more than that,but a few of the guys still live in the area. If I run across one of them I will ask for more information.

I remember that supercollidersuperconductor that they spent what? $8 billion on and then decided well, that's a lot of money for a hole in the ground and then allegedly sealed it up with concrete.

First that story peeved me of for the sheer waste of it. Then it peeved me off at the very notion of "who cares" if they can split an atom by colliding it at superspeeds, no good can come to anybody from doing so.
Only great potential harm.
Then it peeved me off the most to realize they probably never stopped this thing anyway but just told the public they did so that they could continue out of sight, out of mind in secret.

Sorry to be off topic OP.
But, are the fires starting at the top of the poles or at the base as if from an underground source?
Anybody know?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Idaho picker claimed that static discharge would be high and basically tied it to platonic movements.
A long lasting fog could cause a build up of natural gasses and static discharge could cause an explosion???

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

It would be my guess that they never stopped, they just kept it quiet. That's only a hunch though.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EnnisFree

But the poles afire in central texas burst into flames at 4 am. There is not generally fog at 4 am. Fog usually gets
thicker as the sun starts to rise.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy
it was a power POLE.. not poles and the pics showed a smoking converter box.
The link says it's all fixed and re-opened.
Why was this posted?

b

I hope you learned to read before you post next time lol. The second article clearly states multiple poles on fire.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

I Havent seen any photos but the story is, they started at the top? Ive lived here for about 6 years and Fog is a very common occurance. Wouldnt this happen more often if fog was the cause?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Video and some still pics at this link

www.myfoxdfw.com...

There are no pics on the second link and looking at other news sites, DFW and AUSTIN, the two biggest media communities near the Hill country of Texas, there is no mention of it ...........at all.
So these means one of two things
A) it's not really that big of a deal and may happen frequently

B) it's a very big and weird deal and it's being ignored !

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by TXTriker

Here is a map showing some of the places they are doing now.

Texas Weather Modification Association

Map only shows part of it.

All of the colored sections are quite a ways from the poles. Dallas Fort Worth is north central Texas about an hour or so from OK. I know that when we go home we go through the area where this is happening and it is central to north cental texas. Pleasanton would be in the colored area at the bottom of the map.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Energy from the sun.

Err........could also be the Air Force's tethered satellites in space taking energy from the highly charged particles in the Radiation Belts and beaming it to the atmosphere to protect their satellites.

It's a brand new system they got up there playing around with.

Here on the other side of the planet we heard the power lines humming much louder than normal for no apparent reason.......could be the sun as well. Pray it aint Jupiter doing a Pole Flip......Jupiter emits +2 Trillions watts of microwaves from its pole.....emits more microwaves than our STAR does......

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Thanks OP, that's one helluva first post. I don't think any of us would have had any idea.

You all have heard of this, right?

Solar Storm of 1859

Telegraph systems all over Europe and North America failed, in some cases shocking telegraph operators.

Telegraph pylons threw sparks and telegraph paper spontaneously caught fire.

Some telegraph systems continued to send and receive messages despite having been disconnected from their power supplies.

I guess we should all begin to look to the power lines.

How completely weird, right?

Many telegraph lines across North America were rendered inoperable on the night of August 28 as the first of two successive solar storms struck. E.W. Culgan, a telegraph manager in Pittsburgh, reported that the resulting currents flowing through the wires were so powerful that platinum contacts were in danger of melting and “streams of fire” were pouring forth from the circuits.

In Washington, D.C., telegraph operator Frederick W. Royce was severely shocked as his forehead grazed a ground wire. According to a witness, an arc of fire jumped from Royce’s head to the telegraphic equipment. Some telegraph stations that used chemicals to mark sheets reported that powerful surges caused telegraph paper to combust.

On the morning of September 2, the magnetic mayhem resulting from the second storm created even more chaos for telegraph operators. When American Telegraph Company employees arrived at their Boston office at 8 a.m., they discovered it was impossible to transmit or receive dispatches.

The atmosphere was so charged, however, that operators made an incredible discovery: They could unplug their batteries and still transmit messages to Portland, Maine, at 30- to 90-second intervals using only the auroral current. Messages still couldn’t be sent as seamlessly as under normal conditions, but it was a useful workaround. By 10 a.m. the magnetic disturbance abated enough that stations reconnected their batteries, but transmissions were still affected for the rest of the morning.

www.history.com...

edit on 6-12-2012 by Xoanon because: ?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Fog? Er yeah, that seems like the kind of thing that would never happen or you'd have heard about it before now.
Now, I am just guessing here, but I thought that fog occured when warm moist air met cold moist air and the ingredient currently missing in Texas right now is moist air.
Pretty dry there isn't it?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The solar storm of 1859 is the first thing that came to mind when I came across this thread. I'm not in any way saying I think that's what happened, just that it came to mind. Also, I read another thread here last night about an image of the sun on Dec 4th, asking if it was unusual or anything to be concerned about. I'll have to go back to that and read further now. I also remember reading that solar flares take like 3 days to reach earth. If that's true then today, the 7th would be 3 days later. Just food for thought. I'll go read more into that now.

Peace & Love

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This happened here in Florida just as you described. The reason was that the wooded poles were extremely dry after a long period without rain along with low humidity.
It rained just enough to wet the outside of the wooden poles which increased conduction of electricity.
This cause enough heat to ignite the tops of the poles.

I work for the local FD and we were busy that day

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well,I don't think it was anything solar related,seems pretty quite.

I have seen a similar thing happen before,but close to the coast.

I think it was a strong storm,maybe even a small hurricane,but after that storm,about a week or two later,tops of poles and transformers on top of those poles began blowing up around the city.
It turned out to be a build up of salt causing them to short out.

Found this example of salt in Galveston.....

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=8096587
edit on 6-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join