It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power Poles on Fire in Texas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
reply to post by schmae

OK surely other people have put this together with the sonic booms and tremors that occurred on the I35 corridor on Tuesday and Wednesday that are being posted about on other threads.. seems to all be related or at least very odd 3 strange and unusual occurrence all together within a 72 hour period ...

You must be referring to this..

Mystery tremors in north Texas leaves experts puzzled, page 1

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And then you have this report....

Loud booming noises have been reported all across Texoma today. We now know what's behind these booms. A spokesperson for Lockheed Martin tells us the booms were caused by supersonic flight tests being conducted by the company. The flights were authorized by the FAA and are conducted in the corridor that runs from Dallas through Oklahoma. According to a spokesperson, maneuvering and atmospheric conditions may have resulted in some of those sonic booms reaching the ground. The testing was also confirmed by a public information officer at Sheppard Air Force Base in Wichita Falls, Texas. Viewers all along the I-35 corridor from Carter and Love counties in Oklahoma, and Cooke County in Texas all called our newsroom to report the loudest boom around 3 p.m. We also received calls from Ardmore area viewers this morning regarding booms heard and felt as well.

www.kxii.com...

A new type of aircraft?
edit on 6-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Keep in mind that texoma is very close to the power pole fires and the former worlds largest hadron collider and not very far from the dixee inn explosions and not that far from the sinkhole or the mysterious trembles today in that area.
edit on 6-12-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

For some reason this thread made me think of a Pole Shift. If the magnetic poles shift it'll drop our magnetosphere shielding from radiation and particles from the sun enough to cause massive overloads in the power grid. Ofcourse this wouldn't just be isolated, it'd be worldwide with the potential to knock power out for years, much like that tv show Revolution. Since it's just a localized event, i see no reason to worry.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I see.;. i wasn't sure if they were relatively close or not but thank you for confirming that.. there is something very strange going on down there in texas.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkinOregon
reply to post by schmae

I'm not sure what to think of this hypothesis but this thread brings to mind the JumpingJackFlash theory. Just tossing it out there.
jumpingjackflashhypothesis.blogspot.com...

That's quite an interesting catalog of news bites there. An eye-opener. Probably deserves a thread of its own. You may want to start that one Mark.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Well this is just one crazy ass interesting thread with the most wonderful timing I've seen yet. Awesome post OP
SnF. I'm going to the phone
]

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Yikes deadeyedick, static charge. We are having a goodly amount of fog here in Shreveport tonite...and my mustang has been dusty everyday....have to wash it off. I think the Camp Minden cleanup dealy is almost done...sure don't need any static charges going on around there.

The thing I wonder about lately is all the water main breaks we have been having in Shreve/Bossier and other nearby towns of late. I realize lots of old pipes are probably still around and need to be replaced. That could be it...but so many happening at once lately makes me wonder about plate/seismic activity?

At any rate, I'm gonna keep track of my pole tonite.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Thanks for filling us in!

This has me a little excited coupled with the booms.

I don't think this was caused by dust or a solar flare.. I imagine it was caused by the same thing causing the booms up and down I-35. Lets think, what can hit supersonic speed and emit small EMP's?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Hi schmae, I'm a newbie too. Your thread is very interesting and gives one pause for thought. Texas has been having lots of strange events of late, much like Louisiana where I'm located. I've read about the puzzling tremors and booming and such occurring in Texas and now this. I believe I read somewhere that a new fault line was discovered recently in Texas as well. I'll try and find the article. I have MS so can't always stay long at computer sometimes. Keep us posted of any new developments. Your thread is very clear and nicely put together. I hope I do as well when posting.

Blessings and stay safe and well!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Isn't Americas aging electrical infrastructure just plain wearing out?

As electric system equipment like utility poles, power transformers, and circuit breakers gets older, it deteriorates due to the wear and tear of continued service and the natural effects of time. Eventually, it just “wears out.” Many utility systems in the United States, Canada, and the rest of the world were originally built many decades ago. In some of these systems, a large portion of the equipment now in service was installed 50, 60, 70, or even more than 80 years ago. It has still provided satisfactory service, but this equipment is old, and bound to fail or raise problems in the near future. Thus, utilities have aging infrastructures – entire areas where everything is considerably old and deteriorating.

www.quanta-technology.com...

PDF:

www.quanta-technology.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
reply to post by schmae

OK surely other people have put this together with the sonic booms and tremors that occurred on the I35 corridor on Tuesday and Wednesday that are being posted about on other threads.. seems to all be related or at least very odd 3 strange and unusual occurrence all together within a 72 hour period ...

Possible Causes right now:
-Booms - i.e. strange noises...getting a lot closer and now affecting things.
-The alleged supercollider - somehow messing with the grid
-60 squirrels going into transformers all at the same time
(joking)
-cyber-warfare
-fog and dust - not likely for 60 poles at the same time.
-someone at the electricity company doing something weird
-solar flares
-or-
-salt

Was there an extraordinary amount of UFO sightings lately in the area? Granted, they really haven't affected the course of normal events for the public up to now. But things can change overnight..

It's a doozy. But if it's just Texas... even though it's bad, it's a localized problem. OP: S&Fs

Had anyone in the area notice their lights getting brighter, or anything weird going on with their power before it went out? Obviously most ppl would not be able to respond... but maybe some went somewhere where they still have power ... and are now on ATS reading this thread.

edit on 7/12/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I am amazed that in almost 5 pages nobody has mentioned the possibility of an EMP weapon test.

I read over 10 years ago that an EMP device capable of destroying all electronics in a several block area could be built for $400.00 with off the shelf components. There has been a lot of advancement in that area since then. The military has just tested a cruise type missile that can be remotely guided and carries an EMP generator capable of knocking out the power and electronics in an entire large building and then go on to another target.

If the military is releasing info on that, what else do they have up their sleeves; possibly with much more power capability.

So, could it be a military or terrorist test of a portable EMP generator. That would explain the fire being on top of the poles since that is where the wire and transformers are that would be overloaded.
edit on 7-12-2012 by happykat39 because: correction

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I understand the fog and dust part. If dust builds up on the surfaces of components and rain hits it, then the drops tend to splatter and remove the dust. If Dust builds up and then fog gently settles onto the dust, the water and dust combine to create conductive bridges from wire--- across insulators--- to the pole itself. Arcing occurs and this heats the pole to smolder and then flame temperature. The arcing causes loads on the transformers and they can then catch fire and even explode.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
prophecy- cyberattack on grid... Could it be this?

at 27:40.

Other Possibilities from video:
-17:00 - Where is the Navy? ... Something happens in the Gulf region.
-18:50 - solar flares knocking planes out - related??

F.Y.I. Time Breakdown
-0:00 to 10:00 - intro, misc. and emergency preparedness
-10:00 to 14:00 - first prophecy
-after 14:00 - the rest of the prophecies

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Two words for you....Meteor fragments.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Isn't Americas aging electrical infrastructure just plain wearing out?

Um. No. That kind of thing can happen in Command Economies, which we do not have in the U.S. Yet.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Originally posted by happykat39
I am amazed that in almost 5 pages nobody has mentioned the possibility of an EMP weapon test.

So, could it be a military or terrorist test of a portable EMP generator. That would explain the fire being on top of the poles since that is where the wire and transformers are that would be overloaded.
edit on 7-12-2012 by happykat39 because: correction

Sounds feasible, it is right there in the Fort Worth area I believe. I would think that tptb would test those things underground though? Or far away from the public?

If this was caused by a military EMP generator this was not a test.. Perhaps there was a target and details have not emerged as of yet.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

I have been posting this vid a lot recently and I think everyone needs to see it....this man talks about what people are describing when talking about mysterious booms and rumbles I recommend watching the entire thing but go to 33:45 for info relating to these noises
WEATHER WARS!!!! CHOP DOWN THE TOWERS! LETS REVOLT AND SHUT OFF THE SIGNAL!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

That's interesting....... I agree that dust and fog could maybe catch a pole on fire, or even a few in one area, but over 50, over several counties? Seems highly unlikely! If that was the case, they would have done this off and on for years. I mean, as the old song says, "...and Texas needs rain." it's dry there as a rule, and I simply don't buy that explanation. I don't know what the cause could be, but I would bet dollars to donuts that isn't it!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Two words for you....Meteor fragments.

You intrigue me.
Please explain.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join