It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rodents on Mars!!! The announcement NASA should have made?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

Look at the forests and lake and you realize as Arthur C Clark did, that there must be abundant rodents and lifeforms there.....

www.popsci.com...

AC If there is vegetation, it seems probable there are other life-forms as well.

Anything else is FAILED logic.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
And something that needs to be said, considering all those who think a limp body of a rodent could be a rock when you can tell the difference in texture in the photo with your own eyes right away. You can never disprove thats a rodent. Anyone with eyes can see it. Not only shape but textural difference. And if you think down the road you have debunked this by repeating its a rock 100 X, as if you cast a magic spell and hypnotised everyone, you haven't. You just look like you need to get your eyes retested, maybe a stronger prescription is required for your eye glasses.

edit on 5-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
So....a rodent made of rock? Oh, okay,

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
it may very well just be a rock. but , how many people have been to mars , or have seen other pictures of mars or its atmosphere from a source other than nasa? for all we know mars could be teeming with life. but since all of the information we have on mars comes from agencies with agendas , we wont know. i do find it really convenient that the surface of mars looks just like our deserts.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Mars doesn't have vegetation or bodies of water, at least on the surface.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Now even while I am very suspicious of their location, ie, why they chose the ugly blasted out site they chose when they have a planet of lakes, forrests and very intersting things to actually go in and view, so I can't help but think that might be an industrial blasting site on earth they used instead.

However, Arther C Clark looked at the tree photos on mars and said it was nearly (and that is a lie, because it was 100%) 100% proof of life on mars. And not only that, but where there is forests and trees THERE ARE CREATURES. There are animals. Birds. Deers, all numbers of creatures great and small.

Mars obviously either wasn't completely destroyed and it also is bouncing back.

You know, I really like your last sentence. If you go with the premise that there was a thriving ecosystem on Mars at some point, that somehow got obliterated... well, I truly believe enough of it could/would have survived to make it possible to flourish once again. Really, in the starkest of conditions, just like the line in the movie "Jurassic Park" ...Life WILL find a way!

P.S. They still look like guinea pigs to me.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

If it would be a rodent then it would be in pain as it's right paw is partially missing. For effective motorlocation it would need at least a couple of inches more and no it's not a Kangaroo.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by booNyzarC

Originally posted by Gregorian

Originally posted by Kody27

Its a RAT and the reason it bothers you so much is that it is LIVING PROOF of more NASA fraud.
edit on 5-12-2012 by Gregorian because: (no reason given)

Are you being serious? Sometimes it is hard to tell on forums.

Do you actually think this is anything more than a rock? What kind of "NASA fraud" are you talking about? There are few organizations with as much transparency as NASA who freely releases pretty much everything they capture on film.

I don't think that is a rat for the record but, do you seriously think NASA releases everything it records? I think the majority of what NASA records and photographs is actually held within. They aren't sending rovers and telescopes out to help mankind understand our solar system more, they are trying to get more leverage for our government and military complex. Any anomaly that may appear is not released to the general public I can guarantee it.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
To the Mods: I think there should be an award for the least factual and most stupid post of the month. This one deserves it.

What is happening on ATS. I came here for challenge and quality.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Rock or rodent? The most interesting fact about this picture is this...whatever it is it is centered in the photo. This implies that who, or what, took the picture there was something of interest in the photo. What does that mean? I don.t know but I believe it is obvious that whether it is a rodent shaped rock or a rock shaped rodent, it was the focus of the picture. Where was the photo taken? Well...until we get mars coordinates and access to mars orbit sattelites I guess we can't prove or disprove much of anything. I love how so many here argue their opinion as if it is fact, many times the "facts" presented are just other's more educated opinion.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Gawd the things you people will believe...

This has got to be one of the most mind numbly stupid threads ever.

But not THE most.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Those for this...how did manage to make it this far in life without accidentally killing yourselves..like pointing a gun barrel directly at your head so you can see the bullet come out...

edit on 5-12-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

Incredible inspiring post
Even more incredible you are not banned from ATS yet

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Those for this...how did manage to make it this far in life without accidentally killing yourselves..like pointing a gun barrel directly at your head so you can see the bullet come out...

edit on 5-12-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

QFT.

When I posted before I was sure this was a joke thread. I mean...there's a rock with a similar shape turned upside down just a few inches away....you'd think that a logical thinking rational person would just accept that its a rock....but NOOOOO....LOL, we are actually having a discussion about rodents and vegetation on Mars. Oh my gawd....

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by booNyzarC

Originally posted by Just Chris
There's not a chance in hell that thing is a rock.

Either rodents are on Mars, or more than likely these photos clearly wasn't really taken on Mars....which one is it?

Either way NASA are lying out of their backsides!

Wow, what an amazing display of failed logic.

Why couldn't it be a rock exactly?

Where does your negative perception of NASA come from?

Why couldn't it be a rodent exactly?

I have as much evidence 'for' as you suggest you have 'against'.

How would you know what the atmosphere is really like on Mars anyway, and where's the pictures from your vacation their? Because you clearly sound as if you've been in person!

With that said....until someone can prove conclusively to me that it's a rock, then I'll say it's a rodent of some kind, presumably somewhere in a desert somewhere on EARTH.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien44

That's very generous of yourself to nominate your own 'post' as the most stupid.

Congratz!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This thread with its evidence right in front of our eyeballs should be getting 1000 FLAGS and STARS. Time to really get with it I think.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
ATS has been overrun with Psych 101 students... if you honestly think that "here's a visual phenomenon that I just learned how to pronounce, which may or may not have anything to do with this picture, but i think it does, therefore I'm right" is a valid argument then you are going to have to retake your abnormal psych course. "Sorry"

edit: just in case there are any open minded people left on this forum, i think its pretty clear that the evidence for the rover being in some desert on earth just got more credible. As if the obscene mars landing "live stream" wasn't suspect enough, this is definitely moving my opinion towards "complete BS." Nasa, once again, never ceases to let me down.
edit on 5-12-2012 by eluzhun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eluzhun

I had to re-read that a couple of times, but I think you're right!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slave2Fate

Originally posted by Just Chris

Is this actually a woman?

Could be a rock. Could be a rodent. But someone needs to open the case of this tree woman!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join