It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TOP SECRET DUB (I made a song for you ATS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Here it is, hot off the press!

I make DUB and TRIP HOP from my studio here in Cornwall UK. I need help.

I want to work with some U.S people. I need a singer/singers and someone interested in doing music videos, like me do the music and you do any video you want to do for it. I am good with the music and the mixing, but I am not so good with the graphics.

I don't like social networking. I just sit here in my studio making my music. I am quite shy and reclusive. You can do whatever you want with the tracks.

I would love to work with U.S singers doing this dub and trip hop genre. I can make arrangements for you to put the vocal track down in a studio in your location. I really want to work with female vocals, but I like male vocals, too. I may be a bit too gentle for the rap, not sure??? That is why I said female vocals. All I need is a vocal track laid down with no effects recorded in quality. I can do crazy things with your voice there after.

I will work with any kind of person; African American, Hispanic, Native American. I can help you with lyrics as I am a good lyricist, but it would be nice if you could bring your own ideas. Nice, too, if you were a bit ATS orientated in sentiment, too. All I can promise is the fun of doing it. I have been at it years. I am not a show man. I like mixing and I am reclusive. I got so much time and energy and I just go on and on doing it year after year. The musical mixes never stop.

Well if you are interested or you know of a friend who is interested U2U (message me here on ATS). I would love to hear from you.

I hope it is ok to make this post. I am offering my talents and resources to people on ATS, for free, with even the opportunity to go into a studio for free in their location.

Sorry it has to be DUB or TRIP HOP, but I like making those kind of beats. I still play and sing acoustic songs on my Nazareth, U.S made Martin Acoustic like Bob Dylan, Woody, etc.

It is just my hobby. I don't care about the rest, but I sure would love to work with someone into video graphics and some down to earth vocals. Nice even if may be you don't have much money and are jobless right now? Something fun to do and something for you to exploit. I am just your orchestra, know what I'm saying!

Please help me my friends. I really want to share with you my skills and my time. There are some good things that come from UK U.S musical partnerships.

I can't pay you because I don't make money out of it. But I would see that you can get into a studio to express yourself.

I am very sincere about this. If there is anyone out there who would like this opportunity let me know, pretty please!

Take care my ATS friends!
edit on 2-12-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling

edit on 2-12-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I liked it. What program do you use to make this I think I'd like to do this as a hobby too.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Your sound is light..

It fits your peaceful mood. I had to wait for the song to end to post, even though I read way faster than that. Pressed play in the thread so yea..

I liked it.

I hope you find some people to work with.

Even though it's peaceful my imagination tried to make the vocals:

"The dark side of the moon."
"the Sun is coming doom"
"it'll all be over soon."
"so live ya liiiffee.. "

Had ATS on the mind what can I say?

Good Luck.
edit on 12/2/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Sounds good to me mate... Hope you find a vocalist or 2, though perhaps a more music orientated site might be a better place to try?

Btw it would be ace for you to write some conspiracy based lyrics to be sung over this track. Good work anyway.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
I liked it. What program do you use to make this I think I'd like to do this as a hobby too.

Hi My Friend.

Well I use Cubase 5.5 right now. I will prob update to 7 soon as it has some wicked extra feautures.

It is a great hobby, but very expensive.

Programs like Fruity Loops are good entry level. Mac is great. PC, too. They all do similar things, but I think Pro Tools and Cubase have the edge with full studio tools and integration.

I run the sound through a focusrite liquid 56 audio interface. I use UAD plug ins vst and live instruments, samples and audio.

It really is a great hobby. I want to upgrade, but the amount of cash always requires justifying and you gotta really want that bit of equipment. It has to be useful all the time, not just sat on some shelf or rotting away on your hard drive. Haha!

Big respect, Amigo!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Your sound is light..

It fits your peaceful mood. I had to wait for the song to end to post, even though I read way faster than that. Pressed play in the thread so yea..

I liked it.

I hope you find some people to work with.

Even though it's peaceful my imagination tried to make the vocals:

"The dark side of the moon."
"the Sun is coming doom"
"it'll all be over soon."
"so live ya liiiffee.. "

Had ATS on the mind what can I say?

Good Luck.
edit on 12/2/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

Hehe! Thanks. I don't pretend to be anything amazing and I have to work on a budget. With music there is no telling lies. I am quite a light kind of person and pretty relaxed and gentle. Just got to be who you are.

I posted this just for fun, not looking for any ego stuff or numbers. Creativity is plain fun. It is like toys for adults. We all need to keep the child alive in us somehow. Any kind of creativity can do that. I love it all; writers, painters, model makers, photographers, film makers. The whole thing of art is a miracle of the universe. Humans are the ones who get to do that.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
How do you translate what is in your head into what comes out the speakers? I lay there at night and I come up with something I want to put down, along the lines of what you presented in this thread, but by time I get up and sit down and load things and sort things out, I've lost it.

Any attempts are then on the fly rubbish I end up deleted and going back to bed..

I wish there was a way to just record the stuff in my head and edit it later lol..

its like unless I can express it exactly, then what I hear as I try to get it right, becomes what I end up hearing in my head, and it's completely different..

I guess I just need the right tools..

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
How do you translate what is in your head into what comes out the speakers? I lay there at night and I come up with something I want to put down, along the lines of what you presented in this thread, but by time I get up and sit down and load things and sort things out, I've lost it.

Any attempts are then on the fly rubbish I end up deleted and going back to bed..

I wish there was a way to just record the stuff in my head and edit it later lol..

its like unless I can express it exactly, then what I hear as I try to get it right, becomes what I end up hearing in my head, and it's completely different..

I guess I just need the right tools..

I have been doing it for a long time. I started out with an acoustic guitar singing Dylan songs, then I learned other instruments, sang and wrote songs. The the digital revolution opened all this up for people with less money.

With music it has to be expressed in a form. The ideas need to have patterns that notes and chords can speak for. In the west we have the octaves. I believe in China they have a different kind of scale. Your ideas could fit in either.

A midi keyboard or sampler can do miracles. You can make a whole symphony. All you got to do is make patterns out of the notes. The rest is upto you. You make a drum pattern, you make a pattern for a guitar that fits with the drum pattern. It just goes on like that. Patience, enthusiasm and a little time each day. Anyone can do it these days. I really wish we could interact with each other more doing it, I guess. I live in a rural place, far from the crowd, but I miss out on all the stuff and the vibes of say NYC. I would like to interact with some guys there or in L.A. I hope we can come to realise this freedom that technology gives us to interact with eachother through cultures and long distances. It's easy. I've worked with an African American Lady before in Pittsburgh. We never met, but did some tracks together. Just great fun and International interaction, too.

I just wish I could work with all kinds of people, musically. I could have a singer do a vocal track who is a member of some tribe in the Amazon or someone from Chicago gangland. You get my drift! The whole thing is wide open if we want it to be. It is up to us, our desire and our enthusiasm to put some good vibes and construction into this life. We will always reap a bountiful harvest if we do!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I have to go offline to get some food from the shop. I will keep checking back with this thread and will read any messages if I happen to be blessed with any interest. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I dont wanna put him on the spot.... but you should message member***** Im a Marty *****

He makes music you would enjoy and he is very good at it!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-12-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join