It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i have a project for any willing atsers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Yes, the body language was kinda weird. At first I thought that it was just that Angus guy, but there was a moment where they both locked eyes for a bit

I'm not saying being gay is bad. I love gay people. They go through a lot just to be accepted in this f-ed up society.

Back on topic... I've been to an Adventist service a few times. Something didn't sit well with me about the organizational structure of it. They kind of remind me of Jehovah's Witnesses, in a milder form. JWs are some of the most sincere people I've ever met. They have been trying to recruit me, but they have no idea that I am the one recruiting them.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
to sum up this post i am reminded of one of shakespeares works.

much ado about nothing!

as for his concern about the show and tv in general. its a fictional comedy that gave me many laughs for a year or so and then i tired of it. it hosted some great writers.

if tv is giving my brain a few challenges then i better research watching U-tube also.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa

Yes, the body language was kinda weird. At first I thought that it was just that Angus guy, but there was a moment where they both locked eyes for a bit

I'm not saying being gay is bad. I love gay people. They go through a lot just to be accepted in this f-ed up society.

Back on topic... I've been to an Adventist service a few times. Something didn't sit well with me about the organizational structure of it. They kind of remind me of Jehovah's Witnesses, in a milder form. JWs are some of the most sincere people I've ever met. They have been trying to recruit me, but they have no idea that I am the one recruiting them.

Dear UnaChispa,

You lie to people about why you are around them and your beliefs? You try to trick them into believing as you do. Why do you do such a thing? If you do such things then it is all about you and the truth becomes meaningless even to you.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

What the hell is your deal, man!? You are tripping out! You completely misunderstand people.

I never said that I lied to them. They know I'm a Christian.

I do it for the same reason they go door-to-door. Christians need to spread the Word.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

subtle movements and interactions indicated that there is more to the story, its not any one single action or movment like you see in the t.v. shows. it everything, i call it a a b.s. meter and ive always had a good one, the only thing that falters my b.s. meter is a pretty face and a nice pair of....ears(im working on that though). these two had neither and i defintly sensed b.s. between the two. and like i said i think it deserves to be looked into further i just dont want to do it. plain and simple, that is why i offered it to the people of ats

Alright Doc fair enough..

Orang

as for his concern about the show and tv in general. its a fictional comedy that gave me many laughs for a year or so and then i tired of it. it hosted some great writers.

I'll watch the show if someone else is watching it. But it's just never been something I go looking for. I guess for me there is such a thing as to much. It becomes very unreal when every line is hilarious.
edit on 28-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I also detected an "uncomfortable" vibe between the two men, not sure why? It did seem that Angus was very serious and commited to this religious path, and put alot of energy and effort into finding a church that was right for him.

The guy has to be a muti-millionaire at this point, he will get royalities as long as the show plays re-runs, I don't think this is about money or his career....Angus is on a "spiritual" journey.....good for him......wish him well....

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

The guy has to be a muti-millionaire at this point, he will get royalities as long as the show plays re-runs, I don't think this is about money or his career....Angus is on a "spiritual" journey.....good for him......wish him well..

Definitely.
edit on 28-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
It's spreading.

We must be on the lookout for this sinful contraption and how it tries to infest the brains...

THE OFFICE IS FILTH!!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

What the hell is your deal, man!? You are tripping out! You completely misunderstand people.

I do it for the same reason they go door-to-door. Christians need to spread the Word.

Dear UnaChispa,

Excuse me, you said that you make them think you are someone that you are not, you deceive them. I don't care if you claim to be a christian, satanist, jew or atheist. What are you claiming and what do you believe, where do the two diverge?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Well, I don't know about body language, but Christopher Hudson is a nut:

Hudson has also claimed that the death of Michael Jackson was a conspiracy, calling it a cover-up for the pope's proposing a "new world order." He said the pop star's July 7, 2009, memorial service was a distraction for Pope Benedict XVI's call -- in a document issued that same day -- for a global political body to help pull the world out of the economic crisis. (Source)

So, the Pope had Michael Jackson killed so that his funeral would provide cover for the Pope issuing a public document.

Seventh Day Adventists rose out of an end times cult in the 1800s, and believe that salvation rests on works, and works alone -- if you don't keep the Jewish Sabbath, you're going to hell -- so they're all a bit daffy, though they're still technically Christians (unlike the Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses, which were also formed in about the same timeframe.)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear UnaChispa,

Excuse me, you said that you make them think you are someone that you are not, you deceive them. I don't care if you claim to be a christian, satanist, jew or atheist. What are you claiming and what do you believe, where do the two diverge?

Sir, that is simply not true. Re-read what I posted. What I said, was that 'they have no idea I am recruiting them.' How did you come to the conclusion that I was being deceitful?

You just said you don't care what I claim; then the next sentence you ask what I claim.

You can do your own research and find out where Christianity and the Watchtower Society diverge.

There is a cool website called Google. You can find it at www.google.com. I think you can find most of your answers there.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I don't care about that religion or the TV show. The world is burning down and THIS is a relevant news story??

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

i agree never watched the show,and dont care what people do as far as faith goes, but since the powers that be use the media to help the world burn, somtimes we must take a look at there tactics and maybe the act looking and researching and presenting our findings may wake some people up to the bigger picture. if enough people wake up than there media tactics will be less effective. just a thought

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
this religion has seen some conflicts [internal and external] before ...

A well known but distant offshoot is the Branch Davidians, themselves a schism within the larger Davidian movement.[107] The Davidians formed in 1929, after Victor Houteff's book The Shepherd's Rod was rejected as being heretical. A succession dispute after Houteff's death in 1955 led to the formation of the Branches. Later, another ex-Adventist, David Koresh, led the Branch Davidians until he died in the 1993 siege at the group's headquarters near Waco, Texas.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I was an actor living in LA when I was called into God's church. I reached the same conclusion 10 days after receiving baptism and the laying on of hands that this young actor reached. The entertainment industry created in the age of mankind and a member of the Body of Christ (Church of God) are incompatible.

I am inspired when I see God change the mind (bring to repentance) of one He has called.

It was difficult to give up all my contacts, friends, film associates, directors, producers, writters etc. and was even harder to explain why I had to change my life and stop working in "the business". But the spiritual growth and the blessings God has granted me in my life dwarf that temporary corporal difficulty 1000x over.

The kid is right, and the only brainwashing he received was the "renewing of the mind" spoken about in scripture to those who commit to living God's way of life. I have said his exact words at varias points in my life, for even as recently as 2007 I was in the industry living life according to my laws, thankfully God had a different path for me to travel.

God Bless,

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Before the 7th Day Adventists came around, hospitals were places people went to die. That's about it. That's why a lot of hospitals have Adventist in their name somewhere....at least in these parts they still do.

My husband was raised strict 7th Day Adventist - and some sects can slightly mimic Jehovah's sects. They are mostly vegetarians, altho some may eat fish or chicken. I actually think they more mimic the Mormon's in a way, due to their lack of smoking and drinking. In the area around here, they preach damnation. If you do something slightly wrong, you are going to hell. A lot of focus was placed on hell, too much for my own liking.

Also, in this area, they use the King James version of the Bible, which is not something many people know. From sundown on Friday to Sundown on Saturday is the Sabbath. No working (not even preparing food, all must be done beforehand and can be heated). No shopping. Nothing that plugs in. It is a day of God and nature.

My mother-in-law raised her children in the church, but when she was at a low point in her life and turned to the church in her time of need, she was denied. Why? Because she was divorcing a mentally unstable man. So they starved for a few months, the boys stealing food from grocery store deli counters to eat. They also lost faith in the church, and none are participating members of any church to this day.

Back to the video: Body language is so odd, it is scary. If this was my son, I'd be seeking some help. The message is right though - TV is crap. 8 episodes is a season of a tv show? no, that's a mini-series.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Seventh Day Adventists rose out of an end times cult in the 1800s, and believe that salvation rests on works, and works alone -- if you don't keep the Jewish Sabbath, you're going to hell -- so they're all a bit daffy, though they're still technically Christians (unlike the Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses, which were also formed in about the same timeframe.)

Kind of.

Seventh Day Adventists broke away from God's true church towards the end of the church era of Sardis (1580's-1920's), as you stated; during the 1800's in America.

They incorrectly place all value on "works" but that beleif stems from the truth that works reflect thoughts which reflect faith. If you believe God (faith) then your works (actions) will reflect that life in you. You are saved by faith as all christians understand, but faith without works (actions revealing God in you) is death (hell).

There is no hell in the sense christianity has created. In this age the punishment for sin is death (over 50x in scripture), not hell; this is one of the doctrines that led SDA away from God's true church during Sardis.

As for the Sabbath created by God for all mankind (not just the jews) it IS the sign of God during the final day of the Lord we are living in now.

Exodus 31:13
"Speak also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths you shall keep: for it is a sign (same word as 'seal' in Revelation) between me and you throughout your generations (forever); that you may know that I am the LORD that does sanctify you (set you apart for holy use and purpose)."

Rev 9:2-4
"When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. And out of the smoke locusts came down on the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal (same as word sign in Exodus) of God on their foreheads (thoughts)."

All are marked either with a seal from God indicating acceptance of God's laws over your life; or you are marked with a seal from mankind (666 = number of man) indicating your unwillingness to accept God's laws over your life.

The law which serves as THE MARK is revealed by God in scripture as the 7th day Sabbath. But it has nothing to do with the fictional hell, it has everything to do with the sign/seal/mark you bare based on your free will to choose God's way or My way in this age.

God Bless,

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I need to figure out that form of brain washing. I could use some rich people throwing money at me, and a nice yacht too. Who wants to start a cult with me?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
A religion is a cult that outlives it's founder. Why would anyone want to waste their time of nonsensical machinations of religious nonsense? Aim higher.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rollsthepaul

Or you can join mine! Besides the tax breaks I'd get, I can also write off a "Church Yacht" and an "official church car"...I can also pay myself a nice wage from the "thithes".

I'm starting to see some potential here.

How about the "Church of ATS: Specializing in saving you from ignorance"

All we ask is 1/4 of your monthly income, you don't even have to show up early on weekends (because that's just lame, hangovers anyone?) -- you can just read my blog posts and I'll send you an offical church "robe" ...OK -- it's really just a snuggie with an iron on logo, but hey...

And if you want to send me your first born virgin 18 year old daughter, that'd be cool too. That'll get you a hand-made tinfoil hat!

edit on 28-11-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join